Soccer Thursday Reminder

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by jmeissen0, Sep 5, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    dallas hosts metrostars at 8pm ET on espn2

no soccer saturday this week, the rest of the year the nationally televised matches will be during the week... due to college and nfl football

-jim

2. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    This really makes me happy. With the shootout on Saturdays, now I got two days of soccer every week. Oh joy.

3. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crappy weekend for MLS soccer on the tube. Time to pray for internet webcasts.

4. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that part of the new MLS/ESPN television deal was that the league got a regular Saturday time slot (4 PM). Every Saturday always at the same time. Between last week's Soccer Saturday airing about 9 hours late and this week's soccer Saturday airing about 44 hours early, is ESPN in default on their agreement?

JMac

5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I'm pretty sure ESPN wouldn't do that. Even I would complain about missing college football on saturday afternoon. They probably just promised them a regular time slot, one before College Football, and one during college football season. I'm happy watching soccer on thursdays. Even though it will have to face NBC's Friends and Scrubs. Not to mention the Thursday nite college fotball game on ESPN.

6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    actually here is another way to think about it. On saturday at 5pm Miami visits the Swamp and the Florida Gators. I would think that even most people here at Bigsoccer would watch the football game rather than the Metros vs the Burn

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    "regular" doesn't mean 100% of the time.

we had a 11-13 week run of 3pm central time every week. that's regular.

but the deal never was and never will be 100% of the time at just one time slot.

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I know I would.

Miami 31, Florida 17. book it.

9. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I watched Miami - PSU last season and that was the best college team I have ever seen in my life, and that was my 4th year in college and I never missed a psu home game. I mean to throw a little soccer in it...It would be watching Real Madrid go through the NCAAs