Soccer Supporters' Council

Discussion in 'Chivas USA Supporters Clubs' started by chapka, Nov 17, 2009.

1. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on some discussions that have been going on around the Supporters' Summit in Seattle, a proposal has been made to form a Supporters' Council or Supporters' Congress representing all of the supporters' groups in the United States and Canada.

This would not be a top-down "supporters' union" in the European sense; it would be a place where delegates of the various supporters' groups could coordinate, and share information but would have no national leadership and no authority to tell any individual group what to do.

If you're interested in learning more or contributing, please visit:

http://www.soccersupporters.org/forum/

There is a draft of the proposed bylaws there. Register with the forum to join the working group and give us your opinion. Or join the discussion on this thread at BigSoccer.

For anyone in Seattle, I'll be at the Supporters' Summit on Saturday, wearing an SoB shirt. Anyone who wants to talk about the group in person, meet me after the Supporters' Shield presentation and we'll head over to a nearby bar (probably Elysian Fields) to talk things over.

2. elchivamayor

elchivamayor Member

Mar 6, 2008
    NORTH HILLS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sounds good see in seattle i will be wearing a union ultras shirt :cool: see their

3. yabollox

yabollox New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Chivas dudes rocked in Seattle tonight. Much respect-Timbers Army.