Soccer Stadiums: MLS vs FMF vs rest of CONCACAF

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by pc4th, May 14, 2009.

1. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are? They've played one in each, right?

They want Mexican money as well, I'm sure. Ok, I'd get back on topic, but I don't have any pictures to post.

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio Caliente, Tijuana Mexico

Club Xoloitzcuintles (Xalos)

1a (2nd division)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they work on that one, I have been there once and it was err well not very nice, with Concrete seats.

4. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    They're expanding on the stadium to eventually have 33,000 seats, I believe FDP mentioned it earlier in this thread.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I too attended a concert there.

I am confident that when all is said and done the Xolos will have a stadium to be proud of.

6. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are correct. UANL actually has a varsity college football team. Their high school team plays a lot of high schools from the rio grande valley as well.

7. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Interesting...

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio La Corregidora esta de regreso en la Primera Division.

[​IMG]

Capacity: 50,000

9. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They keep saying that this is a great stadium, but all I see is cement step style seats.

10. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    That may be so Cyber, yet take a look at this next pic, you couldn't ask for a better view.

[​IMG]

Nevertheless, one of the reasons people refer to this stadium as great is due in part to the historic World Cup matches that took place there.

11. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

It looks pretty solid to me, not great, but good enough. Add some actual seats and you have a very nice place for a team.

12. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    Mexican stadiums have more seating capacity, loud fans, the chants when the stadiums are full:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHGXtc7paCg&NR=1"]YouTube - rayados adiccion[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVH6TU4UnQ"]YouTube - Estadio Chivas (Festejo de afición)[/ame]

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    ... but are they white mexican approved? :rolleyes:;):D

14. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    And the new stadium for Rayados of Mexico to me seems like will look like Millenium stadium from the inside:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbdCzRJj1NA&feature=related"]YouTube - PROXIMO TEMPLO[/ame]

and more:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzDPQ1vWvaU&feature=related"]YouTube - sobredosis Estadio Victoria[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyOL7sKlxV4&feature=related"]YouTube - Nuevo Estadio de Tijuana -MEXICO[/ame]

Indios of Juarez is to get a new stadium.

:D

15. mrfutbol

mrfutbol Member+

Apr 6, 2008
    The new stadium for Tijuana with the dog emblem. Catchy, "The Dog Pound," Would be fun to see all the fans there bark like dogs at the opposing team.

:D

16. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think they should do some crazy lighting with the Azteca it just looks really nice with glass and light in the outside, The saprissa stadium is also really nice, my impression when i see it on tv is that its kinda basic and would be nicer if they made it more modern..seating wise and lighting and electronic screens and stuff.

Other than Saprissa I dont think they're is any nice stadiums in central america...I think concacaf should start to help with all the money they are getting. but again you have Jack "POS" Warner which is in it for himself.

Mexico will probably have around 8 or 9 new stadiums by 2018, hopefully we are able to get the WC...US stadiums are nice, only thing that the nice stadiums do not have that soccer feeling and most of the new MLS stadiums just seem like a bigger high school soccer stadium with no "feeling" but MLS has the resources to be able to change that quickly...

17. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's worth pointing out that BC Place, BMO Field and Stade Saputo (which will be expanded if Montréal lands an MLS franchise) may not count when talking about American (United-Statesian) stadia, since they happen to be found in Canada.

But anyway.

Sadly, the euro is not legal tender in the UK - though some stores in places like Northern Ireland and London take it anyway for convenience's sake.

So, you might be getting pounds sterling at that game, then...

...just make sure you ask for Bank of England notes, though.

(There are a bunch of other types of notes printed which are all supposed to be usable, but as anyone with Northern Irish notes who has tried to spend them in England can tell you, it doesn't quite work that way in practice.)

18. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PWNT :eek:.

19. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Don't worry about it - coming from Ireland, I only wish the Brits would join the euro...

20. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Who let the dogs out? Woof woof woof! :D

21. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    damn those new mexican stadiums look nice

i just wonder when will honduras get a new stadium or upgrade the olimpico metropolitano...i know there were plans for upgrading; but callejas must have "lost" the money =/

22. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honduran4life:

Why does Honduras play in San pedro and not in Tegucigalpa?

23. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a quick question.

How many of those FMF stadiums with artist rendition are under construction? how many are done deals (100% of its finances finalized)? how many are just in planning phase?

Thank you.

------

[​IMG]

That's DC United planned 27,000 seats stadium but the deal is now dead after the DC government refused to sell the land to DC United owners. They are working on Plan B. In MLS, it's stadium or bust for DC United because they can't keep playing in money-losing RFK stadium.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    actually the only one that hasnt gone underway with construction is the one in Monterrey

all the other ones are done with some finishing touches to get done and others like

chivas and santos stadium will be ready to go in about a year..Santos' will open in October actually..

their is a huge push for the 2018 or 2022 WC to be in mexico....lots of money going towards that..

25. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Only a couple are under construction, which are Nuevo Estadio Corona where Santos Laguna will play, and Estadio Chivas. The other ones I don't think have even been approved yet. Chivas' stadium will open next year, while Santos' stadium will open this year.

Edit: I wasn't aware that TJ's stadium was already under construction.