News: Soccer on TV: 2016-17 Season

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A starts next Saturday. I believe beIN Sports is showing the Juve-Fiorentina game at 2:45

2. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Major change to the EPL graphics this season after using the same basic style for the last 4-5 years or so. Kind of reminds me of the BBC's graphics, except aquamarine instead of yellow. Not terribly impressed.

[​IMG]

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  3. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Back to the subject of Soccer on TV, the Portuguese League will be on Univision Deportes and FuboTV this season. FuboTV will actually show EVERY match as they come to terms not only with SporTV but also BenficaTV. I expect no more than a single match from each round on UDN. Also may be worth mentioning that PremiumSports will be showing matches in bars and restaurants. Seems that NGSN got locked out for Primeira rights this season.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

4. Mickey2

Mickey2 New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Does anyone know if the Australian A league will have games televised on TV in the United States this year? Last year there was no coverage but in the past they televised two games each week on Fox Sports.

5. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does BeIn carry every game from Serie A, La Liga, and Ligue 1 (and every Champiomship/League Cup game broadcast in the UK) live when you count the Connect-exclusive channels (3-10)?

6. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    La Liga - almost all with only occasional early Sunday game missing but overall 99% coverage

Serie A - Most regular weekends yes but when there are too many kickoffs at the same time they will ignore 2-3 games. Case in point this weekend when 7 matches kickoff Sunday at 2:45pm, they are going to miss 3 games. Same happens in midweek rounds.

Ligue-1 - They always carry the Friday match, Saturday 11am match and all 3 Sunday matches. They always ignore 2-3 matches played on Saturday at 2pm.

Championship/League Cup - All matches shown in the UK get broadcast. Its just that not many get broadcast over there so it doesn't seem like it.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

7. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I can't recall any/many Sky covered Championship matches that beIN's missed on their Connect channels. And they end up covering many more with the Saturday 3pm UK kickoffs every week + extra League Cup matches every round. If you're OK getting Connect to work, it's pretty excellent coverage TBH.

8. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

Are there any other domestic top flight leagues other than MLS, Premier League, and Bundesliga where 100% of games are available either on TV or streaming legally in the US?

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    LigaMX and Portuguese SuperLiga come to mind. LigaMX on Univision/Galavision/Azteca America/NBC Universo. FuboTV is the only service that now offer every SuperLiga match.

If/when NGSN relaunches, you may get some 100% coverage there - especially Eredivisie.

Oh yeah, PFC offers all Brasileirao Serie A matches. Some will be delayed because of overlapping kickoff times and having GOL-TV helps to add to the variety.

I believe Futbol para Todos - the Argentine YouTube channel covered all their league games but the Argentine government has finally tossed that idea away. Nobody knows who will have the rights for the new season (I just read that they may delay the kickoff of the new season which was scheduled for this weekend to the week after because of the unknown TV situation). Best bet there for full coverage may be TyCSports.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.cm

10. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anyone know if the Recopa Sudamericana will be on tv this week? First leg is Thurs. the 18th. I don't see it listed on FoxDeportes.

11. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I have no idea what is going on with Fox as it relates to the Americas. Their choice to endlessly repeat the same games (CL, friendlies, or Golden Boy productions) instead of showing CONMEBOL is bizarre. So, I wouldn't expect a sudden change of schedule tonight.

12. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah it sucks. I was looking forward to watching River tonight.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    As discussed earlier in this thread, La Liga is going to have an early 13h00 CET/07h00 ET kick-off on Saturdays. The first 2 of which have been announced:

Sept 10: Celta v Atletico
    Sept 17: Villarreal v Real Sociedad

Villarreal will probably have a Europa League match on Sept 14th so the second one seems like an odd choice. Maybe they'll change it if Villarreal lose to Monaco in the second-leg of their CL qualifier.

But anyway, it looks like the early Saturday kick-off will feature better teams than the early Sunday kick-off usually does.

14. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any word on Europa League on Fox or ESPN? I don't see any matches scheduled yet.

15. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said in the other thread, Fox and Espn's Europa league rights start as of the group stage, and the playoff stage is still ongoing as I type.

16. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought so but was just making sure cause they pretty much got rid of CONMEBOL competitions on fox. I'm disappointed no Recopa since I wanted to see River Plate and no early round coverage of Copa Sudamericana.

17. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's incredibly disappointing, especially given that they had improved their Libertadores coverage this year. As noted in another thread, there is a today only grupon offering Fox Soccer 2 Go for $62 for an entire year. They didn't show the Recopa, but they are showing about half of the current Sudamericana round, including all the Argentine team games (I think). The picture quality is not HD, but for what works out to about $5 per month, it's quite a deal, as (unfortunately) many games are exclusive to that platform.

18. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I don't want to watch it that bad but if it was on FoxDeportes I'd tune in. Really disappointed no Recopa. Plus why do we need so many CL replays?

19. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Looks like there is a Honduras app on Roku that aggregates various channels from that country. I emailed them to find out if games are HD or SD. They said a mix of both. At $14.99 that's too much for me since it's not a league I follow but if anyone is a Central American futbol fan and Honduras more specifically, this might worth checking out.

20. Ziaka

Ziaka Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Here is the situation with Greek Superleague in the US and Canada.

Antenna Satellite (Dishnetwork, Bell TV, selected cable systems)

Home games of AEK Athens, Kerkyra, Levadeiakos, Panaitolikos Agrinio, Panathinaikos Athens, Panionios Athens, PAS Ginnina, Platanias Chania

Sport Plus (Dishnetwork, Bell Fibe TV)

Home games of Asteras Tripoli, Atromitos Athens, AEP Iraklis, AE Larisa, Olympiakos Piraeus, Veroia, AO Xanthi

The home games of PAOK Thessaloniki are currently not available outside of Greece, since the team did not sign the Superleague International TV rights contract.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Indeed the Villarreal match was moved out of the early Saturday timeslot due to their EL match. Barcelona v Leganés kick-off at 13h00 Sat now instead. Leganés doesn't have any weekend fixture kicking-off later than 13h00 CET in the next month at least (times for fixtures beyond 17 October haven't been announced).

I'm sure we'll see lots of people walking the streets of China in Leganés jerseys in the near future. :whistling:

22. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any word on River or Boca rights? So strange two of the biggest teams and no rights in the US.

23. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Youtube only (Futbol para Todos channel). Argentine government took over the rights to the Primera and I don't have to tell you that whatever the government touches goes to shit (anywhere on the globe).

But there is some good news. The government has decided to give back those rights to the league/clubs in January 2017. What will it ultimately happen is unknown but the Boca & River rights are very sought after and should show up somewhere in January.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

24. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Awesome can't wait. I wonder who will get the rights in the US.

25. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides going to shit (it was shit from inception so it didn't need to go there), there was an election and the new regime decided to put an end to it. For months it was rumored that Turner Latin America was going to buy up all the rights (parallel to buying Telefe, one of the biggest argentine broadcasters), but now it seems like there will be an "open tender" (whatever that means in Argentina). It's kind of amusing that I've seen three of four Atlanta (argentine third tier) games this season broadcast on live US TV, but Boca and River are not legally available.

Fubo had tweeted something months ago about TyC attempting to get Boca and River rights, but that obviously didn't come to anything.

socceraction repped this.