"Soccer on television" search

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by IsItSnowingInSpace, Oct 17, 2002.

1. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure how long they've had it, but I looked at the www.soccer.com website today and noticed the "LOOK FOR SOCCER ON TV!" section today on the lower left of the page.

It reads: "Just enter your 5-digit Zip Code to get soccer-related television listings in your area!"

I allows you to choose your provider, then shows the listings.

It's powered by www.zap2it.com Seems like a cool little facility that might be a nice feature for this website as well.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know several other websites link to BigSoccer's message boards including soccer.com

Perhaps BigSoccer could link to their listings. Some sort of exchange program.

3. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no. for one, i find their system very hard to navigate. second, you're scrolling halfway down the page to get to the listings. Third, you need to run a pub to get most of the channels he lists.

Something with customizable channel listings would be sweet. People who don't get FSW espanol, for example, should be able to block that channel.

5. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been contemplating authoring a little CGI that will do a GET on the page and then filter it according to your preferences. I don't know if I'll get around to it this year. I don't plan on making it a widely-know thing, since Olly would bitch about it (and rightly so, I suppose), but if it's just for me and maybe a few friends then nobody gets hurt.

Check in with me periodically and if it's done I'll let you know.

6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Also, Oliver Tse is the anti-christ, from what I understand.

7. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    he was banned years ago for excessive trolling against MLS and WUSA.

his TV schedules are accurate but the rest of his stuff should be read something akin to the national enquirer ;)

8. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he an antichrist. amerifolklegend is the Antichrist. Get it right.

I don't think his antics were ban-worthy, but that's just me. I think you could just as easily argue that he helped things.

Even if he is a bit of a...nevermind. I'm not going to engage in a personal attack, even on a banned member.