Soccer, not football.

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Soccer Rocker USA, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    While we're at it let's have a ruling that mind numbingly stupid posts like these are auto-censored, peon :rolleyes:

2. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    i am new here as well.

i suggest big soccer introduces some kind of iq test before each member can join so that people like soccer rocker usa don't take over the board and bring down the quality of discussions.

also i'll repeat what i have already written, the game is called football cause its played in a way that a bunch of people are kicking a ball around the field with their foot. hence football, its pretty logical.

the game you americans call football is played in a way that a bunch of black people are running around the field in a way predetermined by a white person who decides to throw the ball to one of them and they have to catch it with their hands. no contact with the foot is allowed unless you're a kicker/punter. and these two are part of lineups that get called special teams. i can't see the reason why you call the game football anyway. there's no logic behind it. then again perhaps i'm hoping for too much when i expect logic from an american :rolleyes:

3. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I've never seen such arrogance. Is this how you treat new members? I make an innocent suggestion about the use of language and get called all sorts of names, by moderators even.

If you don't think it's a good suggestion, just say so. But instead I get called an idiot, stupid, peon, even racist. And for what? For bringing up a matter that's confusing, especially to new members, and suggesting a way to solve it.

At least one person shares my concerns and for his trouble he's insulted as well. What a nice way to interact with your customers.

4. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    There it is again, the Eurosnob attitude that I was referring to in another thread. It's shocking to see it displayed so openly here. While in truth the Europeans have very little to be arrogant about. Let's talk about football then, or 'pointyball' as you so childishly have to call it here. Where are the Europeans? Nowhere! They have to import players from the U.S. to fill their roster. And when it comes to soccer, the U.S. national team can kick the butts of every team out there. As they proved during the World Cup when the outplayed the Italians, the cheating so-called World Champions.

5. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    But at least the European pointyball teams don't claim to be one of the best teams in the world already, as opposed to the arrogant, cocky übermenschen from north america :rolleyes:

6. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    Cry me a river, pal. It's hard to be humble when you're as great as us.

7. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    look whos talking about importing lol

your msl teams import european players that aren't fit to play football on a decent level anymore so they come to usa to milk you out of as much cash as they can. i mean david beckham. the guy never was anything and now he's old so he's even worse than he was. you made him the highest payed player in football :rolleyes:

and besides how many usa players are actually playing in top european clubs....european clubs import players true but they don't go to usa to do it, they go to south america or africa. usa is more of a garbage can where they dump their trash ;)

8. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    To 99.99999999999999% of the world, American football doesn't exist. Seen as this website isn't even about that sport what does it matter which term is used? NFL.com is down the hall.

What about the gays, wouldn't Elton John feel uncomfortable saying he "likes shagging fanny"?

9. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's only a problem for you.

A website with thousands of users should bend over backwards for one (or one plus a sock)?

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Your "suggestion" was to censor the voice of the masses, maybe all the people who refer to football as football should have a little yellow football next to their name so true soccer fans can identify them and stear clear.

You make the baby jesus cry, I hope your happy

11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to charge your sarcasm meter. Then turn it on.

12. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    So whose sock is this, then? Roehl Sybling's, maybe?

13. Silvio_B

Silvio_B Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Espana
    HMMM wtf is it wit deez mods on forums, evrywer i go, all u c is animosity and mods trigga happy deleting. u all gt small penis syndrome or smtin.

14. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *falls down laughing*

OH this is classic. :D

15. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    How do you know it's just one? And where are these thousands of users that have to 'bend over backwards'? So far I've just seen half a dozen of them. Most of them moderators I might add, who have to conform to the official policy of course. So it's no surprise to find you lot disagreeing with me.

16. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    Oh, so now it's just sarcasm. And that makes it alright. People - site moderators no less - can call me an idiot, racist, stupid and what else and afterwards claim it was just sarcasm and then it's fine. I must have missed that part in this site's terms of service. Or are moderators above the rules?

17. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Find you lot"?

Hee. You just outed yourself, English sock. ;)

18. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm trying to fit in. :D

19. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    you're doing a lousy job :rolleyes:

20. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    calling sport football might help you fit in even better :p

21. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    anyone fancy a game of gaelic sawker....

guess not :(

[​IMG]

22. somnambulist

somnambulist Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Your fault for making a ridiculous, arrogant suggestion.

23. somnambulist

somnambulist Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Wow.

24. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    Alright. But that works both ways then. If people are allowed to insult and ridicule me for saying something that they don't like, then I am allowed that as well. Again, I didn't read that part in the terms of service and it puzzles me that even moderators act like that. But I guess that's how things are done at this site then. Obviously as a new member I don't know everything yet, but I'm learning as I go along.

25. somnambulist

somnambulist Member

Jul 1, 2007
    You're doing the same thing yourself. You want the moderators to censor out the word football and replace it with soccer, just because you find it confusing and irritating? No one else here seems to have a problem with it. And considering this entire site (minus the NSR section) is about soccer, the use of the word football here can only be referring to one thing.

Head on over to the American football forum in the NSR section and talk about the good ol' gridiron all you want.