Soccer Jersey

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by zimi007, Jun 26, 2005.

1. zimi007

zimi007 New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    I am looking for the tricot of Solveig Gulbrandsen (8)... Does anybody know where I can order it?

2. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Norwegian Fotball Jerseys

You can order a Solveig Gulbrandsen replica jersey direct from the Ullevaal Fotball Shop in Oslo, Norway. Their phone number is +47 22 23 12 77 and I recommend that you ask for Steffan who did an awesome job for me six weeks ago with my Bente Nordby EM 2005 jersey. :cool:

3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Back for the new kit season! For all the Women's Fans and More, I'd love to know

- Your favourite jersey of all time?
    or
    - (If any), a fave one that you own?

[​IMG] Norway this week:

Kit Norway home NFF.jpeg
    Kit Norway away NFF.jpg

[​IMG] Canada here:

Kit Canada Soccer.png

[​IMG] France returns to its look of 1998-2001

[​IMG]

Well yes, some say it's cringy, or, these FFF marketing people are just trying to use some wack beats to make themselves look cool. But the federation's head honcho Noël Le Gr888 is intending to respond to all the "haters", with his new "mix-tape". :oops:

And! Iceland [​IMG]

Kit Iceland KSI.jpg

law10, blissett and Páll Guðmundsson repped this.
  4. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  5. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was that 2019 WC yellow shirt available in a men's cut then? Quite liked it...

6. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just my shirt collection, was cleaning up my phone storage and found this picture. I don't have any matchworn or anything, only starting with some women's shirt as well this year (also bought a heatpress so I can put on the names myself :)). I think I might have one player shirt from Norway circa 2012, bought on eBay :thumbsup:

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, that's great! Also the pic is fantastic, because that detail could actually be anything: now I can recognize the t-shirts hangers. :giggle:

desinho repped this.
  8. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Women's Asian Cup, including some complex and jazzy shirt designs that are good to see. Not quite the crazy patterns of the 1990s, but this tournament isn't looking too plain.

India
    [​IMG]

Japan
    [​IMG]

Taiwan/Taipei v Iran
    [​IMG]

South Korea's current home and away are perhaps the most impressive set. The home incorporates the trigrams from the national flag, representing the four elements ☰ ☲ ☵ ☷

[​IMG]

And the away kit - Zebra stripes!

[​IMG]

Well, I choose to believe that these Korean zebras will gallop all the way to the final. They've got the "Eye of the Zebra".

Zebra, Zebra, burning bright

SiberianThunderT, desinho and blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Korean kits are indeed impressive and I, of course, had completely missed the "4 elements" pattern (come on, tell me you noticed it alone without help! :D).

As I mentioned multiple times, my opinion is that Japan's "camouflage" kit is a disgrace! :x3:

desinho repped this.
  10. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :cautious:

[​IMG]
    Still need to pick up that home one but only just discovered last month that they have the authentic versions for sale and on sale in Korea (only), which are much nicer :x3:. Only problem of course is getting them so I'll probably just have to forget about that :whistling:... (and get the replica asap as they were almost out of).
    Anyhoo these are all old designs, I expect new ones for Euro '21 (/22), Nike usually have a March release in [summer] tournament years, and the Qatar WC so the rest of the WNT's will follow with new designs as well ...
    Not particularly a fan of Japan's either, even more so because the back is as it is due to regulations :rolleyes:. Think it should be a time for a very classic, no frills design this time around. Maybe like the 100 year anniversary one but in Samurai blue

11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    [​IMG]

Love China's kit from the 2019 WC. Feel like Houston Dash should copy something like that with gray shirt and orange shorts. Third kit maybe?

desinho and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not just the colours' palette: a close up of that kit would should the impressive graphic texture of it. One of the best drawn ones in the latest years.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  13. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    On a highly related note, Happy Lunar New Year to those celebrating it... Was so busy, I didn't even know it had come until a day late.

China Women's Football - 中国女足 · @CHNWNT · 1 Feb
    "中国女足祝大家虎年大吉! ❤
    "The #SteelRoses wish you a happy Spring Festival and a prosperous Year of the Tiger!"
    [​IMG]

Korea Football Association (KFA) @theKFA · 31 Jan
    "Reached the finals for the 3rd consecutive Women's World Cup! ⚡
    New Year's greetings from the women's national soccer team!! Happy New Year to all football fans!" ‍ #Korea #Women'sSoccer #NationalTeam #AFC #AsianWomen'sCup #WAC2022 ♂ ♀

Vietnam marked the New Year, Tet, with two crucial international matches at the start of the festival, both against China, in women's and men's football respectively. Results: 3-1 for China.. and 3-1 for Vietnam.

And yes, it's the Year of the Tiger, so, what a story it would make if S Korea won the Asian Cup at this time. But they'd have to be wearing those kits for it to work.

Something about gray/grey and orange together - they can sometimes be brilliant in combination for a kit, but I've no idea why! Maybe because it's quite unusual to see?

Ahh, it's OK. They have to try something different from time to time. As a representation of a (stormy) sky, it looks fine to me, but yeah, maybe better in training wear than a match jersey. If they added in another colour it'd be a real mess imo.

Speaking of which, the two S Korean jerseys were daringly remixed in their "Pre Match Training Football Shirt", which is not officially named "Tigers On Acid"

[​IMG]

Should the JFA have made the Japan Pikachu jersey their permanent home kit? It might risk undermining the serious image of Pokémon, but..

SiberianThunderT, desinho and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yet, but the other things stinging me about those kits is that, probably also because of the fact that the pandemic delayed the Olympic Games they had been probably mainly designed for, it's quite some years, by now, that Japan is wearing that same kit. Maybe they're actually made to last for an entire World Cup cycle, so I'll have to feel the pain of seeing my team wearing them next year in Australia also? :x3: So be it, if it has to, but, after 2023 if it can't be done earlier, please come back to blue jerseys or at least, as you mention, at the Pikachu kits! :ninja:

...or "Zebras on acid"? :coffee:

15. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15 desinho, Feb 28, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    blissett and Klingo3034 repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am sorry for you, but, given the palette, I totally expect a red number for the away kit.

The regular kit should be consistent with the black crest on the front instead and have a black number, and I have to say that I really like it: the cut, the particular shade of orange, the simple black inserts in a total orange tone, with no frills at all...

I wish my favourite NT could have a so neatly designed jersey! :)

Klingo3034 repped this.
  17. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #17 desinho, Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    They really have always used blue on white kits so far (the white kits with blue accents I mean. I also don't actually expect it to be black either but as one of the four colours that typify de Stijl it would make just a bit more complete. This comes pretty close https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_St...ler_muller_mondrian_composition_couleur_A.jpg
    https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/composition-in-colour-a/1gEhhdK5L6rHEg)

blissett repped this.
  18. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ooooh. A shirt thread. :inlove: Against my better judgement, I started rebuilding my Norwegian/women's soccer shirt collection last year. (With a few handball shirts as well.)

The most recent Norway home shirt is probably the most boring shirt they've had with Nike (which is quite a feat) but yet, the away is by far the most unique away they've ever had. I like it. My fave Nike shirt so far is the 2019 WWC with the red fade into blue. I honestly preferred Umbro's kits overall.

My favorite current shirts are Lyon's Away and Third jerseys. they're both just really cool this year.

My biggest grumble is not being able to get authentic name/no. printing on a lot of club/national team shirts. Even when ordered from Lyon directly, the lettering and numbering on my Hegerberg shirts aren't the women's exact font, but rather, the men's.

My second biggest grumble is ... So, I love the women's fit jerseys. They look much more comfortable to play in and the women aren't out there swimming around in these boxy, oversized kits. Good for them. Unfortunately, when buying authentic shirts, you're now pretty much limited to women's sizing/proportions. Norway's women's handball team has such a big fanbase, they offer authentic WNT shirts in both women's and men's cuts and sizes. Kind of like men's team's do with women's fit jerseys, but in reverse. I wish more teams were financially able to do this.

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  19. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Indeed! But I'm just gonna go all the way offtopic and say welcome back and thank you so much, @Bonnie Lass, for helping to build these forums (so that we could have a shirt thread in the first place). They're a really precious thing.

Bonnie Lass repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can hear you: last season, when Yui Hasegawa was playing for Milan AC, I asked my sister to find a shirt of her as a birthday present, but she had to confess that it wasn't an original Hasegawa's jersey: she had to ask for a generic Milan AC shirt and to have her name and number printed on it, since they apparently don't directly sell women's football merchandasing.... :x3:

Oh, and, as @sbahnhof mentioned, it's always a pleasure to see you around here, @Bonnie Lass! :)

sbahnhof repped this.
  21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Awww, thanks! I wish I'd been around more the past, uh, 8 years or so :cautious:. Life being what it is ... But I've been getting back into women's soccer again, thanks to Ada and Lyon and all my BS friends IRL who still somehow talk to me.

Hi blissett! Hopefully I'll be around for a little while this time. I can't imagine posting as much as I did back then, but I'd like to hang around to talk Norway, shirts and Lyon for a while.

Clubs that have personalized shirts and those who don't are so completely random. I've seen really small clubs have names and numbers available, but then some big name clubs don't even have women's shirts in stock.

I've also learned that it's best to buy shirts as soon as a team stocks them. Small teams have small inventories.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    blissett repped this.