Soccer is no. 9 hated

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Sep 27, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Who are these people?

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    No, it is not soccer, but Major League Soccer.

3. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm sure it's really soccer as most people who "hate" the league probably haven't even heard of it. It would be interesting to do a poll and ask people what they think of the National SOCCER League. I'm willing to bet you'd get a similar figure.

4. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    This story uses the word "billions" in reference to $$$$ in the same paragraph as MLS. Perhaps, he was writing on a tight deadline.

5. Mitre

Mitre New Member

Maybe if MLS decides to introduce a dogfighting league during the offseason, they would generate some extra revenue...think of it...Major League Dogfighting, It's Your Flesh...
    Then, during golden goal OT periods, they can make it more interesting by releasing rabid dogs onto the field that the players would have to fight in hand to paw combat.

6. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess one person could cast multiple ballots, since the percentages add up to more that 200%. Or I guess that some people just hate everything.

7. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Men-dogs fighting on the field is simply too much. I got a bad idea for making soccer number 1 again - play it topless, "lady first."

8. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Sorry, but they should only have sanctioned sports on that list. I am pretty damn sure dog fighting isn't legally sanctioned in any state. If it is, then where's *#*#*#*# fighting?

Also, the most striking part of the column is the bottom where it focuses on the NBA and MLB.

9. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Why do you find this surprising. Don't you hate (or at least dislike) more than one sport?

10. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    The poll, for all it's faults, just shows how tasteless some Americans are. Football (as in Soccer) the 9th worst sport ?. I'm not surprised both forms of rugby and cricket are not mentioned at all, considering only 6 Americans have heard of either.