soccer friendly sportscasters on local tv?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by olckicker, Aug 28, 2002.

1. olckicker

olckicker Member

Jan 30, 2001
    I'm curious. Channel 7 has Jim Rose. Channel 5 has Darian Chapman. What about Channels 2, 9 and 32? I haven't seen any soccer fans, or at least broadcasters who respect soccer, on those stations.

2. pants on fire

pants on fire New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    IL
    The morning guy on channel 9 always mentions the Fire and even had Josh Wolff on the show this year. Also Dan Roan usually puts on highlights as well. Cory Mcpheron (sp) also will put on clips. Bruce Wolff (no relation to Josh) doesn't think that soccer is a real sport. I find that funny seeing that he's the worst TV sports anchor I've ever seen. BTW, Jim Rose has done alot of good stuff with the Fire.

3. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Jim Rose is a bit arrogant, but he actually went to DC to cover the MLS Cup 2000 when the Fire were in it.

Pay no attention to Bruce Wolf. He's a lame excuse for a sportscaster. Chet Chitchat is the only reason why he is still on TV (if he even still does that).

4. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I used to play hockey with Bruce before he quit all together for broadcasting. He was terrible. He was also a bit of a Momma's boy. :)

5. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll go with the consensus...
    9's morning guy , Jim Rose ,Darrien,Roan and Cory are above the rest for giving the Fire an even hand.
    outside of McPheron ,32's sportcasters are horrendous.Its a sad state when you could consider Dan Jiggets the second best on a network .. YIKES!I think the broad(jill somethin) could be the worst...I dont even think she even reads off boxscores..while bruce wolf at least reads them off but will make jabs.

6. there are no soccer friendly sports announcera on tv

7. other than actual soccer the only time i have seen any sports person say something positive about soccer was when Michale Wilbon from ESPN's PTI said that he will watch the World Cup, the greatest soccer there is and he only has to watch it once every four years