soccer for Iraqi youngsters

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by norfcath, Apr 10, 2003.

1. norfcath

norfcath New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Philadelphia
    I contribute annually to the U.S.Soccer Foundation, which fosters youth soccer for inner-city American boys and girls who may not have had the opportunity to play the sport because of lack of equipment, fields, etc.
    Does anyone know of any organization which is trying to solicit funds, equipment, etc., for the soccer-mad Iraqi youngsters?

2. champmanager

champmanager Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    I don't know specifically about this, but I do know my mother used to give stuff to organizations sending clothes etc overseas, and useable soccer equipment was high on their list of stuff they were looking for. If you (or your kids) are the types who throw away their shoes, shinguards, etc before they're worn out, save them...they may not wind up in Iraq, but someone, somewhere, will find a use for them.

3. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    yeah,

definately reuse some things and send them over but dont forget that they will play no matter what. I've seen plenty of pictures showing kids playing with rolled up socks and using garbages or something along those lines for goals. If they are as crazy as me or are like kids all over the world not having shinguards wont stop them from playing

4. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    i love your screen name. I take it you play the game that I spend hours on! Have you Champ 4? I know I've been trying to find a place to get it but no luck.