soccer camps

Discussion in 'Player' started by prymetyme, Aug 22, 2005.

1. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I know that a lot of people here are past there high school days but I am wondering if anyone here has heard of camps that are high profile and coudl really help me get along as a player. My goal in life is to play for a team in Europe weather it be a division 3 club in france of germany or england of a division one club in the champions league i want to play soccer. I would like to go overseas and train for a summer and was wondering if anyone here knows of good programs to do so.

2. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    How old are you? There are not many opportunities to just go overseas and train. You either go with a team that is taking a tour, get invited to train with a team over there after being seen at a major tournament by one of their scouts, or you know someone who gets you "in" for a summer. Other than that, if you are an adult already, then your chances are very slim. The only way to do it outside of the youth pathways is to"know someone", or go over, join a Sunday league team and hope to get noticed....which is remarkably hard as Sunday league soccer is fairly brutal and those players that have talent usually get butchered.

3. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    yeah im only 15 and since i go to a very small school i dont get to much exposier although i do play club. i was thinking of camps that are overseas not nessecaraly a team but i dont know where to look

4. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    im 15 come to Union City skool u 1,2,3 just like that. just kiddin manchester united camp is very good just go to their main website, manutd.com

5. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    im 16, and i want to try and play over seas too, j-league in particular, just seems kool to me...
    I wouldnt waste any money on a camp unless it is high profile, that being a camp sponsored by an MLS team, or a national level camp, like the new beckham one in LA, there is one in Georgia, and that one in FL where you go to school there (i think that it is like MGI) has a few summer sessions...

6. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    ya iam 17 iam goin back to my home lang germany during the winter break when there is a break in soccer there, which kinda sucks, i cant train or anything because i doubt any of the 1st division or 2nd divisons teams even train during winter.

7. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The Beckham camps are not designed for elite players, they are for beginner to intermediate, he has said so himself. You have to look for something other than just a "name" when you go to train. The big clubs may indeed hold camps, but you have to ask to find out what the level expected is going to be. If it's anything less than elite, then you are wasting your money and would be much better off going to a brazilian camp, or to tahuichi in bolivia where they train you like a pro no matter what kind of player you are.

The tahuichi camps are world renowned for making good players great.... I'd look into them as every single person I've talked to has said it was a life changing event. Look, to be good, you have to train really really hard.... do you know where your physical line of failure is? Go to tahuichi and they'll find it for you, and teach you how to go beyond it - that is how you reach the next level and start getting noticed.

As for domestic camps, look into the Indiana University camp. I know I am going to sound biased, but I went to Duke, UCLA, and IU all in the same summer and I can tell you without doubt it is the best collegiate camp around. The facilities are great, the staff is full of college head coaches, (67 0f 69 camp coaches were college head coaches when I was there), and people come from all over the world to attend.... hell I even played against a 16 year old Saudi prince my last time there!

Sactown Soccer repped this.
  8. jvillefreelance

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Those are international though, unless they have them come into the states, and i know alot of parents arent all for the international scene when it comes to sending their kids to camps, plus they prolly run with a fairly high price tag included...

9. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yes, good points, but in the very first post of this thread, the asker inquires about overseas training..... I think it helpful then to tell him about training experiences outside the united states......... agreed?

10. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    any good camps here or overseas are appreciated

11. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida

The duke camp's better. I went with two other all-area kids from around here, and it's F'ing RIDICULOUS. You're playing with/against the best in the nation, guaranteed. All-americans, all-state, etc etc. Major college coaches, some lower-division european coaches as well. Even if you don't make the cut at first, it's guaranteed you'll get better and know where you need to be in order to step up and make it.

12. jvillefreelance

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Really??
    Id never heard that, im gonna have to check that out b/c i live in eastern NC, only about 2.5 away from Duke, and i really want to find a good camp...
    Thanks, ive never actually talked to anyone who went to the Duke camp, only the NC state camp, which they said was alright, so i wasnt interested.

13. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    University of Maryland. Hands down best camp ever. Superb program going on there.

14. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida

How much did that one cost?

15. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida

16. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was several hundred dollars, 500 i believe. Well worth it though.

17. INTER7

INTER7 New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Louisiana
    I went to the University of Virginia soccer camp. Its a pretty good camp. You just divide up into teams and play the whole week. The players and coaches do an excellent job.

18. Christopher Rung

Christopher Rung New Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  19. Sactown Soccer

Jul 29, 2007
    Redding
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tahuichi camp in Bolivia that the other posters mentioned is in my (possibly biased opinion) the best value for your money. When I was researching camps the ones for big name european teams seemed more like vacations where you learn some language and play a little soccer. Tahuichi is %100 about training hard. One month of two-a-days, 6 days a week and one light training/recovery session on Sundays. Unfortunately I didn't find this camp until I was 20. I wish I knew about it when I was 15/16. It definitely will push your physical and mental limits as well as force you to improve your technique and speed of play. They also teach you the tactics and how to play the way their academy teams play. I was just a community college player in between my first and second seasons when I went. I played way better the first few games of the season than the whole last season, and then got injured.

20. Peter Olaffson

Peter Olaffson New Member

Manchester United
    France
    Dec 14, 2020
    Hey mate,

We have built a platform where such football players as you could search and book high-quality soccer camps online. We vet only the best organizers of soccer camps (clubs, academies) from all over the world. So, I can say that the quality of soccer camps we offer is top notch, with the best prices on the market. They differ of course on the budget, intensity, skills level of the players.