Soccer Bars in the Kansas City Area

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by jasontheory, Apr 15, 2004.

1. jasontheory

jasontheory New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Darmstadt DE
    Does anyone know about any good soccer bars in the KC area that show MLS and EPL on a regular basis. All I can ever find is chiefs themed bars full of what I hope are not examples of all chiefs fans.

2. Wizardman03

Wizardman03 Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I go to the Other Place in Olathe, they get most of the wizards games

3. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think you're going to find any bars around here that put on soccer on their own accord. that said, out here 20mi east of downtown in blue springs, there's a quasi-irish pub called clancy's that will put on any game that they can get as long as you request it. if no one else has requested the use of the bigscreen, they'll even put it on there (with sound). i was up there last season when the wizards played san jose in the playoffs. i had them put the game on the bigscreen even though the place was packed with non-soccer individuals. by the end of the game, i'd say more than half of the place was following every move.
    coach's bar and grill on wornall and 435 usually holds all the watch parties for our beloved team. i don't know much about them though... i'll let someone else comment on that for you.

4. hartley

hartley Member

Mike's Tavern is now showing soccer and hosting KCXL's Wednesday soccer show called Hooligans (1140 AM, 5 to 6 pm).

Don't know the address but it is near both Rockhurst University and UMKC.

Apparently when there is no game to watch you can also PLAY soccer on screen -- FIFA 2004 or whatever.