Soccer bars in Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by cougs2000, Jun 26, 2010.

1. cougs2000

cougs2000 New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Can anyone recommend a good soccer-themed bar in Charleston, SC. I'm going to be in Charleston for the quarterfinals and need a good viewing venue. Thanks in advance.

2. oxygencube

oxygencube New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I created this account just to help you out..

Head to O' Malleys on King St. That is where I will be going and the entire place will be nuts.

3. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tommy Condon's is pretty good. I've been there to eat and drink, not for soccer though. Will the Three Lions pub at Blackbaud Stadium be open for the quarters?

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madra Rua in North Charleston
    Three Lions at Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island
    and Omalley's downtown on King St have all been happening during the matches

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here is an article that the local paper did about O'malleys and Madra Rua for the US match on Saturday

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jun/27/soccer-fever/

I can remember four years ago madra was really the only place showing the match. this year there were dozens that were advertising showing matches, food and drink specials, the good thing is most people were getting hyped and said they were going to check out the Battery locally and were going to go to watch Bolton Wanderers play Charleston on July 17 here.

Hopefully one or two of the WC guys on Bolton will be there