Soccer Bars in Annapolis...

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by quentinc, Jun 13, 2007.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Are there any? I'm heading up there for school this fall, and my cursory searches haven't produced any results, but I would really prefer not having to find a way to get to DC or Baltimore to watch a match. Something in the downtown area would be preferable, although I'm not exactly picky.

Thanks in advance and sorry for invading.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the bet place to watch in Annapolis is Matt Mathai's house - but he'll be at the home games (and a few of the away ones) - it is but a short scenic ride to RFK :)

There are a few actual serious posters from there, I'm sure they'll chime in shortly-ish.

3. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    I guess I should respond to this. Thanks, FB. :)

I live in Annapolis, but have never been to a bar in town to watch a match. If I'm around, I watch at home.

Annapolis isn't all that much of a sports-watching town unless it has to do with the USNA.

Griffins West might work, as might Buddy's.

Taqueria Serrano has a small TV w/ Univision/Galavision on constantly.

Some of the new Salvadoran places in town might have TVs, but I haven't checked.

Will you be going to St. Johns?

Sorry I couldn't help.

4. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Yeah, I'll be at St. John's. Mainly, I'm interested in a place that shows European league matches. MLS, I'm not too worried about, because that's easy to find online.

5. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis
    Sorry I took so long to respond as I really haven't been visiting the Lot 8 pages much.

Matt's right. Not too many places. Best bet for a one man crew is Mangia's. Very small bar upstairs with 3 TV's. Not a lot of competition from a large crowd watching mainstream sports. You could also check the Irish bars/restaurants but I can tell you I have been shut out at some of them due to the above crowds. Another place owned by the same family is Pesce Grande with a much larger bar but also has at least 6 TV's over the bar. If I am looking for a crowd to watch Euro matches I usually drive up to Fell's Point in Baltimore and hit the Irish bars. They open early for a lot of morning games.

6. Lawrence Smith

Lawrence Smith New Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Hey Guys.
    I'm actually starting an American Outlaws Chapter here in Annapolis. We get together every U.S.M.N.T. game at Union Jack's of Annapolis. I don't know if you guys are familiar with either one of these things so let me give you the links...
    The link for Union Jack's Annapolis is:
    http://www.unionjacksannapolis.com/
    PLEASE like our facebook page at:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Outlaws-Annapolis/466694033421404
    The official American Outlaws website is:
    www.TheAmericanOutlaws.co

Come out on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. the US plays Honduras in the Quarter finals of the gold cup in Dallas, Texas.
    We're also trying to get a good group of people to go to The U.S.W.N.T. coming up in september in RFK. AO will have a section allotted to them and if enough AO go there will be a tailgate.
    The American Outlaws is a non profit organization dedicated to spreading soccer awareness throughout America by forming chapters and small groups in as many towns in the U.S. as possible.

7. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis
    Wish I had caught this earlier. Hope to join you guys sometime soon.