Sobering Stats

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Onionsack, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the regular season nearing its end there are a few stats that stick out:

1. Only 3 other MLS teams have lost more games than NY this season. Who are they?
    • Los Angeles (11)
    • Real Salt Lake (12)
    • Toronto FC (13)

2. Home form has saved our season. At home NY boasts an 8-3-1 (+13) record. Only Houston, Chivas and DC can claim slightly better home records. Away..we are 3-7-2. (-11) Only Colorado, Toronto, Columbus, LA and RSL are worse on the road.

3. Against the West 5-4-1 (with games v. LA and RSL remaining)
    Against the East 6-6-2

Its important to play well in your conference. we are a .500 team in our division

4. Importance of Jozy...

• When Jozy starts NY is 8-2-2
    • When Jozy doesnt start NY is 3-8-1

2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wooo blame Bruce for that shite.

3. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    That Jozy stat is striking. I kind of suspected that was the case.

4. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    That is an interesting stat.

I can't figure out if it Jozy himself or wether it is just that this team with very little midfield scoring, needs 2 legit strikers up top.

5. tigerfan

tigerfan New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    I also remember hearing that we have more give aways than any team in MLS

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Results speak for that :eek:

7. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    As I said in another post we are crap without Jozy, I just didn't think the statistics would back me up this much!

8. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stats on Jozy become even worse when you factor in that 1 of the losses that NY suffered in which he started was a game that Jozy left when the game was STILL TIED (the recent NE game), and one of the TIES that NY had when Jozy started was a game in which Jozy was subbed out for Wolyniec in the 86th minute with a 3-1 lead, which NY promptly blew in the last 4 minutes (3-3 game with RSL fairly early in the year). By contrast, not a single one of the 8 wins that NY have while Jozy started was a game in which he left the field when the team was tied or losing but they came back after he was gone. In other words, he was on the field the entire time that the team worked up to its lead in the 8 victories. I worked up the stats a couple of weeks back, but Jozy has the highest +/- ratio on the team, by a fairly wide margin. Can't remember the exact numbers now, but Jozy was around a +12 or so, while for comparison JPA was around an even 0 and Reyna around a -7. The kid makes everyone elses job easier.

9. Irish527

Irish527 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Throw league high salary at the kid. Keep him here. Those stats dont lie. And he is going to be a fantastic player if he can stay healthy and with the right mindset.

10. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I'll take ironic thread titles for $ 800. :D

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a) We're also one win away from being tied with four other teams for second place.

b) So we're about middle of the pack here and miles better home than away. Shocking, really. You could also look at it as the ESC has helped make Giants Stadium a mighty fortress.*

c) More to the point, we're 1-4 against DC and New England. Not. Going. Anywhere. We beat up on the weaker Eastern teams.

d) So damned true. We need Jozy. Someone kidnap Jopzy until the winter transfer window ends. Or frame him in a dog-fighting conspiracy.

*Don't worry, I couldn't keep a straight face either.

12. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    lol..

how the hell do i rep someone?? (not a threadjack)

13. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have to go to the default bigsoccer skin. You can't rep anyone from the mls skins

14. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    What place on the table would have us moving out west for the post season? 7? 8?

Anyone know about this works?

We lose against DC and NE every year, I'd be happy to get out of the east and try our luck in the other division.

15. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this i just got from Metrofan:
    With Reyna on the field this year, Metro's goal difference is -7. Without him it's +9, a remarkable difference. Compare that to Kovalenko, whose on-the-field number is +6. Vide's is only -4. Stammler, in games he started in midfield, is +6.

How is this for some sobering stats on our DP?

16. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Unless Colorado goes on a tear, realistically there will be 5 playoff teams in the east. Number 5 goes to the west.

17. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    That would be where I'd like to finish.

Go out west and face some good teams, BUT teams we don't have such a negative trend against.

One mans opinion.

I was hoping this season we would start to take some of the power back in our division. I really thought the DC and Revs matches were pivitol to change that mentality. Maybe next year.

18. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    if jozy starts, woly usually sits.

big difference with who angel has to work with.

not surprised.

19. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    None. The teams will be seeded 1 through 8. The top 2 in each conference are in with the last 4 spots being filled by the next 4 highest point totals no matter what conference the teams are from. With Chicago showing some life it's possible 6 teams from the East could make the playoffs.

20. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. The east team would be seeded fourth in the west regardless of the number of points. If that is Chivas, RB are 0-2