SOB/DVI Viewing Parties 6/3 and 6/6

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Onion41, May 27, 2009.

1. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm wondering this too... will an 8 oclock game have the sound on at the Dark Horse? If it was any later I'd assume no.

2. Talleyville United

Talleyville United New Member

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    2 private parties are scheduled for the DH tonight, way before we contacted them.
    phils game is at 4 should be over by match time

but there is NHL & NBA finals to contend with for sound in main viewing areas. if you can't join us in Horsham, check out the DH but it just wontbe an SoB only crowd on a Sat nite.

if you can't make either, I guess the national chain pubs that have been mentioned before are an option.

3 other are joining me in coming up from Delaware; looking forward to the Brazilian sandwiches I have heard so much about.

3. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    As it turns out, I will be in attendance this evening.

Thanks again to the poor schlab who's driving! :)

4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

well apparently the game is now on espn (I had assumed it was only on classic as originally scheduled) so my only hope of watching was the dark horse or 360 at the Jefferson U library.... so at least I now have the option of watching on a real tv.

5. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    i've got 1, maybe 2 if it's a tiny person, more spots leaving from conshy.

post up or send me a PM with your number if you need a ride.

6. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Good morning! That was a really fun time last night. The Iron Abbey has a couple of serious pluses going for it. The spot they had us with the two heavy dining room tables that make serious noise when banged on, big plus. The great, high up, centralized HDTV in the center with the sound on, plus. The smoking patio 10 feet away from the TV, plus. I hope you tried some of their menu. The fish n chips was pretty damned good, not to mention that "sandwich" that Travis and Tommy Ro both got. No, I will not be putting anything like that monstrosity on the tailgate menu. :) The TV on the game above the urinal was pretty cool. I'm not so sure about the forced complimentary valet parking, but that's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things. I heard last nights fireworks were pretty cool too. As long as we aren't in any immediate danger of being kicked out, the IA has real potential to be a new SoB stomping ground. Thanks again to all who were in attendance last night, and especially those who wanted to talk tailgating. Add in a good last 75+ minutes from the USMNT, and it was an excellent evening all around.

Now, what the F was in that sandwich, anyway?

7. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What isn't in that sandwich?

The valet parking isn't ideal, but their lot just isn't big enough when the Brazilian restaurant is full.

8. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the sunny side up egg on top as the signal that the sandwich is not to be messed with. (or the inevitable growler trip after.)

9. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Tommy's car ok????

10. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at Harrah's chester for the races on saturday. Did you win any money, chapka? I broke pretty much even on the stakes since i put $2 on summerbird to win. I did pretty bad the rest of the day though.

11. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had Summerbird across the board and an exacta box, so I cashed out about $150 on the last race and made about $100 on the day. Would've been $200 but I decided at the last minute not to box my exacta in the Acorn. Worst $2 I never spent.

12. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    so how does the small parking lot require me to let someone else drive and park my car. if i can't park it without dinging someone else then neither can they.

that sandwich gave me the meat sweats. and i loved it. if only it had some bacon and the bread had been slathered in butter first.
    it would need to come with a side of lipitor.

WTF language is that? :confused:
    are you on drugs chapka?

13. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a hunch about summerbird, but I had more of a feeling about chocolate candy. Couldn't have been more wrong. I did a tribox with the favs and summerbird blew that and a super with the favs and choc. So with the $2 on summerbird I almost got back even.

14. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the idea is that they can park people in and not worry about it, as they can move the offending car if necessary.

15. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I didn't even bet anything fancy, like wheels or key boxes or the pick six or dime superfecta they had on for the day. Just WPS bets and a few exacta/trifecta boxes on each stakes race, and a five-horse exacta box on the Belmont. I thought about adding a four-horse $2 super box with the same horses minus Chocolate Candy, but didn't want to lay out $120 on an exotic. Would have paid $852 if I'd played it.

But I can see how you might have thought I was into drugs, since I ended the day with a big roll of cash...

16. mrdivothead

mrdivothead Member

May 12, 2008
    Bensalem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know where I should be proud or disgusted that I know exactly what Hapka is talking about.

Or maybe its simply a by product of growing up living close enough to Phila. Park that when the wind blew just right, I could smell the stables.

17. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things make much more sense now...;)

18. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008