SoB 2012 Improvements

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by etsjay, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Mario in SJ

Mario in SJ Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is gospel.

People are not use to singing and chanting the whole game. This is how most of us were brought up. I was in Section 135 in year 1. Moved to 105 last year and quickly learned that not many people did singing or chanting. It reminds me of a Phillies game. I even saw some people wear Flyers and Phillies gear at a UNION game. That's ok, its what they know but they have enough interest to come to a game. The culture will take time to evolve.

Let the rest of us keep it up and slowly we will change that culture.:)

2. Garmr

Garmr Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Creep in the corner
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta disagree with you there, Creeps in the corner do in fact care about those things and for the most participate. However, on the whole the chants suck and get repeated ad nauseum so don't get sung by (most of) us. Depeche Mode? No thanks. I've had enuff, really.

3. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just had had enough, just had had enough
    everytime you sing this song i go get a beer
    i just had had enough
    i just had had enough

4. TonyClarkDOOP

TonyClarkDOOP Member+

Jun 18, 2010
    Oxford, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesnt the team provide free radio headsets to all the SoBs in TRE so that the leaders can tell everyone the songs.

I do not sit (Stand) in the RiverEnd, however I sit (Stand) with AO at all the East Coast USA matches. I have noticed at the games where the section is wide the songs are harder for everyone to communicate and the volume was weaker (USA vs Columbia @PPL, USA vs Jamaica @RFK). The sections that were long (tall) were louder and songs were easily communicated songs (USA vs Brazil @Meadolands, USA vs Mexico and USA vs Turkey, Linc). IMO the way TRE is set up is at our disadvantage.
    Lets tear it down and rebuild it.

My actual suggestion would be numbered signs. 1- C'MON THE U, 2- SoB Muppets, 3- Dale 0, 4- Just cant get enough, ETC.

Just an Idea

5. MAS117

MAS117 Member

Apr 28, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the radios, and we need to make better use of them. If you're not going to say what the songs are before you sing whats the point? It's something I've mentioned many times before having capoed a few games in 135. I like the idea of the radios, and think they are very helpful when used efficiently.

6. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or just use them, period. feels like they stopped being brought out about halfway through the season

7. billycol73

billycol73 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Section 140 row B
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy Reid wants his line back.

8. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How about these Capos, platforms and speakers??!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERH5j_cvboA"]1. FC Nürnberg - 1. FC Kaiserslautern 1-0 26.11.2011 TOR...TOR...TOR...Chandler...(Teil 7) - YouTube[/ame]

9. DickyDunn

DickyDunn Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    1 person likes this.
  10. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This still boggles my mind. I can't believe enough people complained that we can't wave flags during the run of play. Absolutely ridiculous. Who are you people and what have you done with the group I fell in love with two years ago that wanted to create the best supporters group in the league!?!?!?!!?!

11. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many of them have moved on. There are many people who were more involved at the onset, that have stepped back. For some people it is not about how drunk they can get, how obnoxious they can be, or how many times they can get their face splashed on the tv. For some people, it is about cheering, rooting, and supporting the team.

12. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're telling me all those people that are complaining will actually wave the flags throughout the whole game? You sure they wouldn't just hope someone else does it, or if they do it, their arms get tired after 5 minutes.

You're just arguing because you see it done somewhere else and want to imitate...AGAIN.

13. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me... I was just saying that many of the folks who were around 2 or more years ago, have begun to participate less as a result of the stuff that now goes on.

14. GoonerUnion33

GoonerUnion33 New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd rather not have my line of sight impinged by flags. Part of the reason I am going to the games is so I can see the UNION, not to stare at a flag. If I wanted to do that I'd go park my jack jones outside a flag shop or the United Nations....."OOOH Look at how that one moved....It went all side to side and like" Again derailing a bit, sorry.

I don't see a quick flash of a poster to let people know what to sing is bad, as it lets us all sing loud and know what the hell his going on. However, a flag would likely annoy me.

15. McRob

McRob Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when has people complaining ever bothered you.

16. ofeydofey

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm saying that because I've seen it done HERE for 1 and 1/4 years and it was fun and added to the atmosphere.

17. ofeydofey

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thats wonderful that you want that and its your right. There are plenty of great seats that don't involve flag waiving and tifo... the river end however does.

18. GoonerUnion33

GoonerUnion33 New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Then wouldn't that prove this quote below wrong?

But one might find this to be a bit excessive:

[​IMG]

However, if that is the way it will be I will state my objections, but deal with it. As I would rather be in TRE and be a SoB.

19. ofeydofey

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a much less condensed tifo atmosphere then that picture the previous year which still allowed free reign of flags.

20. j ladai

j ladai Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    uh...wait.

we're still actually allowed to wave all the flags we want.

it's just that some people complain (and I am more than happy to ignore them).

right?

Some of you are making it sound like there's this new official policy going into place.