So what do during a concert performance?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by FearM9, Dec 2, 2004.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I haven't been to a concert since the summer of '02 when I went and saw Vince "I need to be on Fatkins and South Beach" Neil, Skid Row minus Sebastian Bach, and Poison.

I am a stand-off-to-the-side-or-towards-the-back-of-the-crowd-and-just-bob-my-head-with-my-thumbs-in-my-pocket type of concert goer. Either that or a just-sit-in-my-seat type of guy. And this goes for most genres of popular music from country to R&B/rap to rock. I use to be a stagehand for the arena at my alma mater and if we didn't have to work at a concert, we could either watch the show from the side of the stage or in a reserved seating area set aside for us. Hell there was one time I slept through a damn Metallica concert while chaos was happening in the crowd in front of us on the floor seats.

Anyhoo what type of concert goer are you? Are you one of those that gets into the front of the crowd and screams your arse off while holding up your arms way above your head and making that hook' em horns thing with your hands? Are you one of those types that does that swaying, no rythm white boy dancing? Pogo? Mosh pit? Fist pumper while holding your beer?

2. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being 6'4", I try to stay towards the back so I don't screw up anyone's view. I usually hang near the soundboard since I figure that the show is mixed for the soundman's ears and if I'm unfamiliar with a song I can read his setlist. I try to not drink too much beer before the show unless I know it'll be a short show. I hate hearing the opening chords of a great song while I'm standing at the urinal. Then I spend the rest of the time glaring at a$$holes who feel the need to talk incesantly through the mellow tunes.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Well, first of all...I ALWAYS wear a t-shirt of the last tour. If it's a band I've liked for a long time I make sure to talk to my friends really loudly about how long I've liked them and how they're not as good anymore. If it's someone I've only liked for a bit, or they're a new band, then I'll probably mention, at full volume of course, all of the older bands that they've ripped off.

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    dancing my ass off, while sharin in the groooove... course the shows i go to sound loads different than the one's mentioned above..
    widespread, SCI, phish (oh i miss the boys), etc, etc~

5. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 655321 again.

6. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got you covered.

I usually stand / sit and scowl for the entire show at the 23-year-old half-drunk dudette standing behind me who's giving a play-by-play to her former sorority sister while the dude who brought her tries to put his hand on her ass.

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    dunno

varies for everything

sometimes i get smashed, sometimes i'm on edge just listening to the crowd and the band... sometimes i'm 100% focused on the lead singer... sometimes i want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon

8. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Depends...

When I'm at a rock concert, I just stand still and enjoy the music... when I'm at a R&B, hip-hop, or rap concert, I make sure me and the people I'm with get a little buzz(being faded and bombarded with bass is the best) going before we get there and we act like we're at a damn nightclub where we dance along to the beats and hooks. It's the best.

9. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually I'll just stand there and occasionally smoke cigarettes.

If it's a band I really like, I'll usually yell the words to the song--but it's okay 'cause it's too loud for anyone to hear me.

10. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hilarious :D

11. shwantzme

shwantzme Member

Jul 11, 2003
    The Old Dominion
    whatever the music does to me.

12. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    same here.

i've done everything from stand there like a statue (and sometimes that's a good thing) to stage diving off of a 10 foot festival stage.

13. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LoL that's funny... being six four I try to stand right in the front where it is the most packed. I'm so tall I can actually breath fresh air.

i guess i'm just an ass.

14. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight, I sat next to the guy that talked about how the rest of the crowd just doesn't 'get it.' He actually left after about the 5th or 6th song because of this "fact."