So...What about Stefan Jerome and MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: Youth & Development' started by whip, Jan 24, 2008.

1. littlerockant

littlerockant Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course we can't predict the future, but Jerome seems special. He's tall, skinny, and has alot of skill. I hope things pan out for him. I saw Freddy at the same age, but the thing that stands out about this kid is he has the height to put weight on his frame, with the skill. He reminds me of a more skillful Altidore. Dare I say, a more skillful Henry. Although, like I said, we don't know the future, and he's very young.

2. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    His presence on the field was notice within the first few minutes and we are talking about a game against Brazil and it was not only Jerome ....Martines and few of the other kids on this batch display an exceptional aggressiveness on the field.... it could be the new coaching perhaps....

3. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Brazil's teams in recent history have been notoriously bad at playing together. They are all used to being the hot-shots on their own teams, this leads to not so good chemistry. I think you are overstating the importance of a one-off win where some of the Brazilians definitely showed they still have more individual talent than we did. Jerome was good, but not the world-beater you are making him out to be. And if he was really better than Adu, then why in God's name would you want him in MLS??? Surely a player of that caliber can go straight to one of the larger Euro sides.

4. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    About individual talent I can tell you that Portugal outtalent the crap out of us in 2002....But Landon was not aware of it or perhaps he did not give a rat azz about Figo or anybody else and the result was an historic azz whoop over the portugese so there's go your theory about talent.....

About Jerome I find unfair that after whooping the Brazilian everybody is triying to downplay the situation...Well it seem like everything is just a matter of who you know not what your know ....:mad:

5. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Holy crap. Are you honestly comaring the stakes of a World Cup match to those of a U17 friendly!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Good GOD! Obviously during a WC a win is a win. Nobody will be upset if they win the WC playing terribly the entire time. However, if you win a U17 friendly, but are outpplayed individually, that is a completely different situation. Your primary concern at that level is developing good talent, not necessarily winning, and especially not on the level of friendlies.​

And you misunderstand me on Jerome. I don't want him in MLS because I want him in Europe. I agree he was one of the best players on the field, I just think it is a mistake to say he "whooped brasil's azzz," when they had one or two guys who were better than anybody we had on the field. And I know your English is bad, but please stop misusing "azzz wooping." Our U-20 win over Poland was an "azzz-wooping."

6. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I for one will never grow tired of the phrase "historic azz whoop".

7. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    The historic part of this is that all the " EXPERTS" where assumming that USA was about to be whoop by Figo and company.....But destiny have a surprise :D

8. narko

narko New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to resurrect this old thread for this, a new article from Justin Rodriguez on Soccernet.com about Jerome.

Offers from Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen, and Newcastle United....

9. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS