So Sorry

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by astabooty, Nov 10, 2004.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Whigs?

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm in.

7. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Tyler??? Dude looks like a lady???

Hey Segroves, I hear that they need help in Ohio counting votes, maybe you could take some extra Bush votes just in case... You're dismissal of people's dismay towards a broken system is a total dismissal of democracy, WTF is your problem?

8. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) States have continually ************ed up their voting processes despite the ability to employ modern technology and create and error-free system, who's fighting against this? The EC is a joke, where the ************ is Thomas Jefferson when you need him?

2) By irritating the f*** out of you, like they are right now, until you finally have a friggin' epiphany. Some people, like yourself will no doubt die as ignorant as the day you were born. *In The Net* I'm looking in your direction. If I read one more word about "Getting In Line" or even the implication, I'm going to throw up. It's sad that half these people think the United States is so messed up that they have to even comtemplate or harbour thoughts of leaving... It's all right Mike, we understand, you're a glass half-full mandate kinda guy. You're the coward, and I'd tell that to your GD Face.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    What's Russia's election have to do with this?
    Considering Bush won the popular and electoral vote, how is the system broken?

10. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it you'd trust your life to the accuracy of the vote tally? Could you define the system that you claim isn't broken?

You'll have to excuse me, my superior in the Homeland Security Dept. has informed me that I need to secure a vote count in Warren County, Ohio...

11. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
  12. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Re: sorryeverybody.com

[​IMG]

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I didn't realize my life was on the ballot this year.
    I trust that there isn't a 3,000,000 vote discrepancy, ALL somehow breaking against Kerry.

Could you define the system that you claim is?

Good for you. Quit wasting my tax dollars.

14. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too...

Did I say that?

Did I say that?

The issue isn't blogs, but I can see you morphing it that way... I see you ran anyway. That has to be the biggest load of BS I've ever read, because not a single county party chair worth their salt would ever refuse to run someone in ANY race. Carson/Coburn... What a joke... And you sir, have called yourself a dumb redneck... NEXT.

15. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazingly everytime you go to vote, and even when you don't...

Answer the question asked of you.

FVCK, Please...

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right to point out that the vote tally still is very imperfect and that it is imperative that we do everything possible to improve it. It is also true that we will never know who was the legitimate winner of the 2000 elections, because the final margin in Florida (and possibly in other states as well) was so close as to be within the margin of imperfection.

But if you think that the imperfections were enough to affect the results of the presidential race this time around, then you are living in your own private little world.

17. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    that site is kinda cool, but it needs alot more women, provocative women....

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about this?

[​IMG]

I am sooo sorry. Will you spank me?

19. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who has managed a house district campaign, I can tell you that if you don't want to, you don't have to drop a single cent of your own money. Attend a local function, let the people there know that you want to be put on the ballot, pass the hat, then file the paperwork. You're doing a service to your party and neighbors by simply offering an alternative and also setting precedent for future elections. Not only that, but after passing the hat again, you could simply sit down at your computer, use the funds that you garnered for a new ink cartridge and stamps, and write some PAC's, write local activist/philanthropists, garner some more money, buy yard signs... I think you follow... but the biggest trick is actually knocking on doors, which minus the gas and time, is FREE... I'm going to assume that you were already prepared to invest the time necessary in order to knock on all those doors, so that's not an issue, and you could always use what was left over from the PAC's and private donations to pay for the gas...

Means absolutely nothing unless you're in the middle of it.

Is this a "better to be strong and wrong" argument or what?

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Fvck, are you Puffy's sockpuppet? Because I gotta tell you, that vote or die crap was stooopid.

You claimed the system was broken. I claim its not. I assume we're talking about the same system, but you "started" it, so to speak. So you tell me which system you think is broken, because I can't think of one that is.
    The sad truth is, we usually get the government we deserve.

If you're going to lord your job over me, go do it.

21. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Sorry Everybody

Came across this site, a must see

www.sorryeverybody.com

Click on the image to see the list!

Cracks me up.

22. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm laying tracks later with the rest of the posse from Badboy...

IF we're talking about he same system that's rife with fraud, inaccuracies, and disproportionate representation, then the burden is on you to prove otherwise, what do you want me to do? Pull a Mel and give you a thousand links, because you don't read your own newspaper?

And nicephoras, as bigsoccer's resident sarcastic prick... you should know better...

23. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's why the election turned out the way it did...

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4045

"I just lost my job to outsourcing, I have no health benefits, and my boy got his leg blown off for no good reason in Iraq, BUT AT LEAST GAYS CAN'T HAVE CIVIL UNION and that's what really matters to me!"

Let's face it, statistically speaking most people are of only average intelligence or below, which explains all the people who voted for Bush and are not either trust fund millionaires, Al Qaeda recruiters, or political cartoonists. Stupidity combined with lazy ignorance and fear won the day for Bush.

Other factors include:

2) Kerry running the least inspiring campaign since Dukakis.

3) The Dems' utter failure to make a case for why their policies are more moral than Bush's. This would not exactly have been difficult, but they failed to do it.

4) The failure of young people to vote. "Vote or die" indeed.

5) Pessimistic cowards who voted their fears of terrorism and not their hopes for a better world. In regards to this factor, the terrorists really did win by affecting our election and helping their preferred candidate gain victory.

6) The mass news media giving the Bush adminstration a free ride for 3 1/2 years and then endorsing Kerry at the last minute when peoples' minds were already made up, largely due to the distorted picture created by the media's failure to ask the tough questions in the first place.

7) Title IX. I keed! I keed!

I do not know how much of a role all the Reep election day cheating tactics and attempts to disenfranchise as many minority voters as possible played. Maybe it played a large role, maybe not. We probably will not know for months or years if we ever know.

The main reasons, though, lie with the Dems and the American people as a whole, not with anything the Reeps did. In fact, the Bush adminstration gave the Dems the weakest incumbent since Jimmy Carter and the Dems were unable to capitalize and they paid the price - total marginalization from power despite Bush having utterly polarized the country 50/50. So now we get four more years of dangerous incompetence abroad and an all-out assault on the middle class and civil liberty at home to give us complete insecurity concerning both economics and violence. And we can no longer excuse ourselves to the rest of the world by saying the most of us did not vote for the Chimp. Oh well, it could be worse. I could be young enough to get drafted.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Say hi to Diddy, and pistol whip him for me.

Wait, you're starting a discussion by saying "the current system is broken, prove its not". Are you serious?

In any vote that involves millions of people, inaccuracies are inevitable. You want a perfect election? Vote for robocracy. The people spoke in this election, and they said "we like Bush". No fraud I'm aware of spreads out over 20 states and gets you 3,000,000 votes. We lost. Deal with it, and move on. As Puffy'd say, you're hatin' the game because you got punked.

Than what? Face reality? I'm sarcastic, not delusional.