So pumped for Thursday, I can't sleep.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Sep 25, 2003.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    The last time I found myself not being able to sleep before a big match for either my club or country was the USA Vs Mexico World Cup Qualifier in January 2001. I guess somehow it's a good omen because when I came into Nathan Hales that evening for the match the Nats beat up on Mexico two nil.

This is a feeling that I have never felt before with Metro. Not just thinking about a big derby match against DC, but somehow, someway I have a strange feeling that this is going to be either down the road to the promise land, or maybe falling down a trap door.

The next three matches are crucial for two seperate reasons. Earning a birth into the MLS Cup Playoffs as well as leveling up with the Fire for 1st place in the east & a possible victory to advance into the US Open Cup Final. I know that as well as everyone else that comes on this forum knows that.

I can already see Clint nail a goal from Guevara & Lisi. Jonny Walker making the big saves he needs too. To stop DC and prevail. But of course I'm going to keep my guard up.

I have this feeling that Bob Bradley. This former 2nd in command of Bruce Arena, who captained the Fire and is now on our ship leading the charge and has all the cannon's squared at the rest of the league is going to lead us into the promise land. Both in the MLS Cup Playoffs & heading for the US Open Cup Final for the first time.

I stared this post at 4:25AM. It's going to end at 4:51AM. I have never felt so ready to see our club that we all have defended, complained, spent our hard earned money to see ride a high and seen them fall into major doom so many times. Why is it now that somehow, someway they have fought to get themselves back to the top. To try and become one of the best in the league. This has been the first time that I believe we can choose those famous classification words to say that this 2003 Metro squad is a blue colard squad that will never say die and fight for scrappy goals. Sometimes they can be pretty, sometimes they can be garbage and that one time we were like HOLY S#!T HOW THE HELL DID WOLY DO THAT!

But I won't be satisfied untill Metro reach a final of any kind this season. Still I have to say GO AND KICK DC'S ARSE!

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US - Mexico qualifier was Feb 28, 2001.

3. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    2 questions:

1) You're more pumped for a midweek Metro-DC match than you were for any US World Cup match in 2002?

2) It took you 15 minutes to write that post?

4. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Who cares how long it took to write that post? The point is that these next three games mean so much to the Metros and all that we stand for. These games can make us or break us.

Gio, dude i feel the same u do, well not to the point where i cant sleep(i dont get enough of it). Its the same feeling i would have when i was in highschool before a real big soccer match with a rival school. The whole butterflies in the stomach feeling.

In the years past when we were in similiar situations I began to expect bad things to happen, and when something bad did happen it became second nature. My love for the Metros has never faultered through the rough times, and now its even greater... thus making me more nervous than ever!!

VIVA METRO
    DOWN WITH DC SCUM

5. LESTER

LESTER New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    NYC
    Hell yeah!

Only on this board would someone be criticized for getting fired up for a match.

I'm with you man. Huge match tonight. Up the Metro!

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    cmonaco: Actually I was always pumped for the US World Cup games.

And yes it took me 15 minutes to write that post. I am very focused on what I want to write about.

AND I WANT METRO TO KICK DC'S ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    We're on a roll, here, don't burden us with the facts.

8. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    HELL FOOKIN YEAH!!!!

DOWN WITH DC SCUM!!!

9. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Johnny comes marching home again
    HURRAH HURRAH
    There'll be another Metros win
    HURRAH HURRAH
    The men will sing and the boys will shout
    And the ladies will all put out
    And we'll all be singing GLORY METROSTARS

We'll drink and sing and sing and drink
    HURRAH HURRAH
    We'll sing and drink and drink and sing
    HURRAH HURRAH
    We'll drink and sing for victory
    And nobody drinks like the ESC
    And of course we're singing GLORY METROSTARS

When Johnny comes marching home again
    HURRAH HURRAH
    There'll be another Metros win
    HURRAH HURRAH
    The men will sing and the boys will shout
    And the ladies will all put out

clap clap clap-clap-clap, clapclapclapclap
    METRO!

10. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    Ok, we're gonna need sheet music at the game for this one.