So my book is coming out soon...

Discussion in 'Books' started by blkbrnrvr, May 3, 2011.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    ...well, technically the Kindle version just came out, but it won't feel like it's really out until the paperback is available later this month.

It's really hard to believe that a year of incessant writing, rewriting, revising, and rewriting again has culminated in my debut novel seeing the light of day, but alas, the day has come and a dream of mine is on the very cusp of coming true. As a result, I'm certainly running the gamut of emotions these days. On one hand I'm quite excited and happy about what this might bring, but on the other hand I'm extremely nervous as I await the opinions of those who have read the book; I suppose that's only natural though.

It's a book that's a bit unconventional in its styling while also being frank, unapologetic and quite racy at times, but nevertheless, I do feel like it's a book that has quite a few things to say. I just hope that it resonates with my prospective audience in one way or another.

If you guys are interested in it, here's a link to my new fan page on Facebook. The publicity effort is very grassroots at the moment, so any help in getting the word out would be absolutely fantastic.

http://www.facebook.com/ryanmartinnovels

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congratulations.

I spent most of last fall writing my cozy-mystery-heroine-meets-a-domestic-terrorism novel and came to the realization that I'm not a very good writer. I love my heroine and I've tried other cozy mysteries with her, but the only plot that's been in me is this domestic terrorism one, but I can't bring it to light.

So, good on ya mate, enjoy the release....

3. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats. I will be sure to buy one when it comes out. Let us know when it is available and where.

4. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, man!

here is a link for it to his amazon page (at least, I assume based on the info provided):

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Realization-ebook/dp/B004YKUQ56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304528570&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Realization eBook: Ryan Martin: Kindle Store[/ame]

5. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    That's it. The paperback should be out in a couple of weeks. :)

It would be really cool if you guys were to sign up for (or like, as it is) my facebook fan page, as that seems to be the best marketing tool at my disposal in these early days. Spread the word and help an aspiring author quit his day job. :D

6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    The paperback of Realization is officially coming out on Wednesday, May 18th, and the Kindle eBook has been updated to reflect some of the minor revisions made to the paperback before it went to press.

This is going to be a huge day for me, and it could be even bigger if I can get the word out a bit more in the next week or so. Like my facebook fan page, share it with your friends, and in turn help a starving artist author out. :D

7. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Downloaded. May be a little while before I get to it though. :eek:

9. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Thanks, even if you might not finish it before the end of the year. :p No problem though, since I know how busy you tend to be with work.

10. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Realization-Ryan-Martin/dp/1461134803/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305946543&sr=8-2"]The paperback is now available on Amazon as well.[/ame]

Additionally, I'm in talks with a couple of bookstores regarding them possibly carrying the book. These are baby steps to be sure, but quite encouraging nevertheless. :)

11. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  12. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good press for you, Ryan. Congrats.

So, let me ask the impertinent question: How are sales?

13. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I would characterize it as being slow but steady, which is at least somewhat encouraging in that there are still people buying it after the initial rush of friends picking it up.

Right now the most crucial thing for me, as a debuting author, to do is continue to try to push towards reaching new segments of people and getting the word out in almost any way that I can. The facebook fan page has helped some in that regard, though, as is the case for independent authors, there is always more to do. It certainly takes a bit of creativity in self-promotion.

14. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow congrats on your book, I will have to check it out.
    I am always impressed with authors, I mean I have ideas that I feel would make good books, but I do not have the patience or ability to flesh out the chars. the way they would be needed in order to make a good story.

So cool.