So I was walking down the street today when Obama asked me for a thousand dollars...

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Aveirenses, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Living in New York City I've grown accustomed to homeless and poor alike asking me for spare change, food, cigarettes, etc. Now I'm no rich man. I work my ass off full-time to scratch a living, pay my apartment and student-related debts and fall-in-line like the rest of us.

So I was walking down the street and saw what I assumed was another pesky college-student doing one of those "HEY! YOU TOTALLY LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT" people (No lie, this chick actually told me that as I passed by her smoking a cigarette... yeah I must obviously look like someone who cares about the environment what with my pollution and littering of cigarette butts you dumb bitch). Turns out, this was actually Barack Obama. I simply couldn't tell from a distance or up-close because he was disguised as some white dude in a polo.

I've got my iPod headphones in, when this close-talking piece of work stops me. HEY! (Insert random political small-talk here) We need you to give (not donate, not help, GIVE) Obama one thousand dollars.

My reply should've sent this guy who was for lack of better words... WAY THE HELL IN MY GRILL away. "Uh, I'm trying to pay for rent and school man I can't really afford to give you a thousand dollars."

Then he says something about voting to which I quickly attempt to cut all interest from this blood-sucker explaining that I am not allowed to vote due to my status as a Permanent Resident (god forbid people mistake me for a moron who voted for Bush when I visit abroad! :D).

Done right?

No. This ********er has the nerve to explain to me that since I can't vote the ONLY way I can have a voice is to pay some monetary funds towards Obama and explains to me hoping for sympathy that McCain's average donations are 28,000 which is the limit for donations.

Now how the ******** is it my problem that McCain has more friends with oil barrels sitting in their backyards than Obama? Given the amount of time he spent on me I kindly gave him a sympathy 'oh,' and looked for him to just give me some random thing to sign saying I support Obama or something. So Obama hands me a form, which I expect to be that random thing, and upon reading it's basically him asking for money on paper. I kindly remind the guy who has now wasted 10 valuable minutes of my life that I could've spent ********ing his mother, quite blunty that I'm not giving him any money, "sorry."

I said sorry. I had nothing to say sorry for. Sorry that I don't have a spare thousand dollars? Sorry that I don't give a crap? Sorry that YOU just created a meaningless disturbance in my walk-home from the grocery store.

Honestly. Why the hell are politicians asking for money? Why not just make this whole political advertising free, give it some subsidies something. Maybe then you'll have an even-fight, maybe then those of us who either can't support or can't give two shits knowing that our vote doesn't count anyways can live our lives without being confronted by these petty thugs. Because that's what people who beg for money on the streets are. Homeless, poor, hungry. They're not presidential nominees who just got millions for writing a book.

Phew a long post but I wonder if anyone else has had any similiar encounters lately.

2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wait im confused...was it really obama? :D

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No, but it may as well been, he's repping for Obama

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    It's true , I got a positive rep point from him.

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Don't waste your money :)

6. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some time in March on my way to Park Row I happened to walk in front of the makeshift 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero......When all of a sudden two Obama people walked up to me and said something I couldn't hear because I was listening to my iPod. I looked at them in disgust for picking that location to try to denote their political message. Ever since that time I have been really disgusted with this election.

With the lame duck president that we have, and many improvements in this country needed, I think neither parties have a viable candidate. This will be my first election voting since I have only been a citizen since the last election I looking for an alternative candidate at the moment.

I'm thinking Ron Paul 08!!

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Drill Baby Drill!

8. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I laugh my ass off every time I hear that!!!:D

9. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  10. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    does it want to drill too? :D

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That areas the worst though, there's always a ton of those douchebags around there.

I don't think I'll ever forget when I went last year on 9-11 during the night just to reflect, that some guy was having an argument with someone and in the middle of the argument said, "So what if all those people are dead." I was nearly bewildered, how the ******** can you say that? Not only is the day and the reason anyone was over there was to reflect on the reality and simplicity of the loss of life, and this douchebag who's preaching some conspiracy theory yelling his ass off has the nerve to act as if it's no big deal.

I'm just happy that's the only place you really find those 'crazies' around downtown. There's one that's always around there yelling "open your eyes" to no one in particular talking about conspiracy theories. I mean come on, just shy of 7 years and you still have people preaching conspiracies? If you're going to do it at least do it civil.

Although I do have to add in that I'm seeing an influx in crazy shit downtown. Something like 2 weeks ago I was on South Street going to Lower East Side by the Sea Port and there was a ton of black guys in what I'm guessing was meant to be KKK cloaks on a loud ass speaker talking about how all white men are gay and that it's gonna be chaos when their wives found out. I kinda didn't pay attention after that, it's not worth my ear's time.

12. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They call that reverse racism. That's just plain old racism to me. I feel like racist comments and acts against whites in NYC have skyrocketed in the last few years or so. Considering the fact that NYC is now a minority-majority city and whites are starting to feel like the true minority.

13. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I personally don't think it's that bad. I think it's a very-diverse city, but because it's basically the center of the world, you're bound to have crazy people like that. It's just the way it is.

14. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What you saw from those AA guys would have made national news if the shoe was on the other foot.

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Obama needs lipstick

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    our National news are too liberal to show things like that. That's why I watch FoxNews!

17. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    We need more balance; where are the libertarians ?

18. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    fox news...fair and balanced. :rolleyes:

19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    all the major networks protect a conservative agenda.

USA is far from liberal, its becoming more facist as the years go by.

eventually we will be controlled by 1 world government. they will implant microchips under our skin and track us and we use it to buy and sell. there will be no privacy... surveillance everywhere.

it doenst matter who u vote for... the leaders of the world are puppets and are controlled by the illuminati who are led by extra-dimensional reptilian beings who want to control the human race.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    You forgot to add that everyone must die at thirty, and that the dead people will be recycled as food. :)

21. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's why I love Sean Hannity.

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually, I'm even a little more "radical". I love Mark Levin! :D

23. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm sorry but you are not very well informed about the US media. If anything it is way TOO LIBERAL. With the exception of FoxNews all the major networks are pushing for Obama who is the most liberal extremist EVER running for President!

As for the rest of your post, I'm afraid to confess that I believe eventually we will be living in a society like the one you describe...:(

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    It looks like we'll be renaming the Republic soon: The United States of Acquisitions and Bailouts

25. Couto

Couto New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Norcal
    Dude, that guy is hilarious!! I listen to him all the time. Dennis prager, too.