So..I Saw Pete Vagenas @ Sears in Pasadena

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by latino626heat, Sep 3, 2007.

1. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok I work there..of all the damn players i want to see ..well Cobi Jones is the only Galaxy Player I wanna meet..well i saw Pete wit his wife lookin for a washers and a dyer...and u guys seen my opinions about this guy...well..i went to talk to him..and i said "Hey Pete...hes like..wuts up..he shook my hand and the 1st question i asked him was "WHAT HAPPENED" and he put his head down..and he said "we are trying" and i was like...yeah? and i kno u guys gonna ask..is his wife hot..the answer is..shes aite...she was nice tho..cuz i went back to do my thing and then decided to take the pic wit the "galaxy's best player" LMAO..wife took 2 pics one wit me and him and one wit him solo lol...my luck 2day @ sears..instead of seein Cobi Jones or any other Galaxy Player ..i see the player that cost us the $1 million with style ( Own Goal and The Missed PK)...so yea haha...da wackest player in GALAXY history
    im outs

[​IMG]

2. socceroo949

socceroo949 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    IMHO nicest guy on the team. Completly cordial, has been there for the 2 championships.

You're right he isn't playing great but nobody is.

3. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet meeting you was the highlight of Pete's day, too. :rolleyes:

4. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO..man, but hes a cool guy..but damn, i bet all the Galaxy fans in this thread that comes to read and does play for a soccer team, i bet they are better then Pete..no joke

5. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I think most of us realize that when we say Pete is bad it means we don't believe he is very good compared to other professionals at his level. Pete could run circles around each and every one of us when it comes to soccer. That's why he is playing professional soccer while we all work regular jobs.

I think it's cool to meet any one of the Galaxy players...whether or not I think they are a very good player I would certainly be cordial. So glad you got to meet him....seems like a nice guy since he let you take some pics.

6. reFnCoach

reFnCoach Member

Sep 18, 2003
    SoCal
    Glad to see he spent that second place Superliga bonus wisely... what kind of washer and dryer did you sell him?!! :eek:

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran into Cobi a couple weeks back in the Fairfax district. He was cool, took a pic and said we're the best(Riot Squad) and continued shopping with his wife. I didn't look at her since I was kinda star struck but I did notice she had a nice body. Anyways I'm glad I ran into Cobi and not Pete. Jealous?

By the way, I can't help but to feel sorry for him for some reason. He has always been a cool guy but lately his play is so frustrating.

8. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I remember after the game against ROMA FC in the US Open Cup in 06', i asked pete for his jersey. Why you ask? I have no ********ing clue. I just wanted a jersey. Anyway he said, "Yeah man, hold on let me just go get water." I waited for about half an hour..he never came back...assholes.

9. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you ask him why he usually passes back?. I am sure he is a nice guy but he is a lousy player.

10. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I have ran into Pete at the Paseo Colorado shopping complex and I have too expressed my anger and the only thing he could say is: "We are trying". I do agree with most of you that Pete is a nice and kind guy. Shop in Pasadena and the chances of meeting "Passback Pete" are really high.

11. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He sure looks down...... There are truly some sad looking vagenas in LA.

12. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh PETE

Heat sell them the defective floor models.

Write on the delivery order - Dear Pete, you can never wash away that PK.

13. luisdiego

luisdiego New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    I twould think he would be looking for a job..

14. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pete,if you want to buy anything, buy it now because next year you don't have a job.;)

15. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I met Pete in a Ralphs in LA about 2 years ago. He was pretty cool.

Most of us probably don't see PAss BAck Pete's value, but apparently at least 3 MLS coaches have.

He's just a good d-mid that breaks up plays.

He's also having his worst year in MLS, but give the guy a break, this team was thrown together by LAlas and we're basically an expansion team at this point.

Topper

:D

16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, our players are good hardworking people and for the most part very nice people.

I may say bad things about them now and again but I'm never talking about them as people, only as professional soccer players.

I assume that is true for everyone.

17. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just can't help but smile that latino626heat met his "favorite" player. It didn't sound like you ripped into him, which is a good thing cuz I don't think any fan should do that to any player, especially if they're struggling and just as frustrated as we are.

18. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. We sometimes veer from criticizing the play on the field to criticizing the person and we all need to remember that those are two very separate distinctions. None of us know these guys off the field, except for TJ, who I think is sleeping with Landon Donovan, so we should contain our comments to what we think of them on the field.

:)

19. Albee1

Albee1 New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    You're pathetic, when the guy is right in front of your face you're there playing nice and taking pictures with him, however here online you're having a laugh and totally critizicing him and mocking him.

"what happened" is the bravest $hit you can come up with? You probably said it with a smile to.

20. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow!! LOL I don't know who is the biggest a**h*** Peter or YOU!! Why would you even talk to him, he should get INSIDE the washig machine and stay in there forever.

21. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zendem and Ron86, nice suggestions. And abusing him to his face would accomplish what exactly? Make him play better next time? Demonstrate your lack of class?

22. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he might hit you and his wife slaps you..not worth it:p

23. y-o-y

y-o-y New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    LBC
    I think this is fair for players, but it is no holds barred for anyone in the FO.

24. gswitatrophy

gswitatrophy Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Tillamook, Oregon
    I don't think out in public we should lay into the guys on OUR team. I am behind Pete as many times that he passes it back until he is no longer a G. If it were Razov or Gallindo or *insert other hated pos here* I would heckle them or talk smack in public because........thats what they deserve for wearing the wrong colors.

25. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, talking smack when you're drunk at the stadium is one thing, heckling a guy when he's shopping with his wife is another. The difference is... the alcohol.