So close and still so far (Sampson Siasia)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by whip, Jun 30, 2005.

1. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    This is one of the best examples of the problems that are undermining the development of soccer as a sport here is USA.....Sampson Siasia .....But who is this guy ***....? Nigeria U20 soccer team "COACH" ....The pathetic part of the coment is that this guy was coaching youth team in Atlanta few years before... :eek: ....I wonder how much is he getting pay ....More that Andrulis or less than Andrulis..... :mad:

...Samson Siasia list of honours as a player is highly impresive. In a career spanning from 1987-1998, he picked up the 1994 African Nations cup, the Afro Asian Cup and the French league title with FC Nantes in 1995, as well as netting Nigeria winner against Argentina in the 1994 FiFA World Cup USA After hanging up his boots, Siasia went to America to learn the rope as a coach and manage several youth teams between the ages of 8 to 19 during his time in Atlanta.....

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: So close and so far (Sampson Siasia)

Could you please restate this in English?

3. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: So close and so far (Sampson Siasia)

He's going on another rant about needing fresh blood in coaching... but this time he has a point. He's basically pointing out that the coach of the Nigeria U-20 team that's playing in the final of the WYC was coaching youth teams in Atlanta not too long ago, which makes him one that got away from us.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. Nadir

Nadir New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Thanks for the translation and good point. Not sure Sampson siasia would be as succesfull coaching an MLS team. There are other coaches from other nations that have spent time in the US. Jalal Talebi, who caoched Iran at WC98 had spent a lot of time in California coaching soccer as well before caoching his national team. Not sure he would be a success in MLS either. Sometimes these guys are more in tune to the players and style of play of their native country. But point well taken.

5. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Well ...I really hope MLS try something for a change, I have heard that many international soccer players are hanging sheetrock in New York... :D

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Anything got to be better than Andrulis or Sampson don't your thing...The sad part is that MLS is not aware of the game quality and stile problem that are driving away fans every week.... :(

7. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    You probably make more in construction in NY than you do in MLS. No, I'm not kidding.

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Whip is a troll. Ignore him.

9. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Just for curiosity: What is the definition of a troll :eek: Perhap I could be one and have not realize yet....Iluminate my way.... :D

10. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Calling Superdave!

11. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  12. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just go back and study your own work.

14. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he's trolling in this thread. He has a point with Siasia, but I don't know to what degree Siasia pursued coaching in the US.

15. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    The really problem with him his how incomprehensible his posts are. I understand that writing English isn't an easy task for some people and we all make the occasional typo, but as it stands his posts set a gold standard for illitaracy.

16. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Perhap in many ocassions I have been a tad strong in my opinions, but belive me, I have no pleasure or part on any kind of sarcasm, nonsense or mocking, my only reason in this board is to put my 10 cents with the hundreds of young americans that play the sport and need an opportunity to prove themselves. I have been insulted for that, do not care, beside by now they know that that is not a very healthy choise....

17. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    What part of my work ? Do not be shy ... I am open to sugestions :eek: