So after six games what have we learned about Klinsmann?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BennyScrap, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BennyScrap

BennyScrap Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoughts and comments here.

2. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4-4-2 might be the answer(gasp!!)

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsman is a stupidface.

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not loving Shea as much as I want to. Lots of flash, little substance.

5. JPA3:16

JPA3:16 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!! 4-4-2! 2 Strikers work a lot of better!

:cool:

6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did not play well. Neither did the guys he needs to play off, in Chandler/Clint/Edu. All effect each other.

7. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It comes down to someone who is dreadfully unprepared for the job. You would think that someone who was lobbying for the job would have a good plan of what they want to accomplish and would have scouted the player pool to death as well. But he acts like the USMNT job came out of the blue.

8. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hes not a very great communicator to Players. For #1. USA is annoying when take the field. I have not been entertain by them for since the CC and WC. The buildups to these tournaments weren't great but there was enough goodness. USA is so slow. You know move'in the ball up the field 20 times and get 2 or 3 shots. They are doing something incredibly wrong. #2. Any player over 50 caps should not be called back in. One big hit... There are a few exceptions but none possess togetherness. Even Clarence Goodson. He got beat and foul'd the dude just in case he missed the shot. Though it bunny hopped over the arm like that Slice'd Bread in the iron gates. We just can't visualize it. #3. USA looks great in the build up but without increased movements. They are too slow in comparison to the eyesight or thought process. Even if they take one shot. It looks so bad. You don't want to see any more.

So in closing... They run slow.... They shot scarcely... They don't build momentum with great starts nor finishes....

Decent game from France. I thought. They controlled the whole match outside of one 5 minutes spurt with three shots. France kept working at a slow pace and finally netted one.

9. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ..and Gulati is a perv.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Playing 3 defensive mids doesn't create chances. It's been what 3 or 4 games now with 3 defensive mids and we have created one goal? Yes jurgen keep that up.

11. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any player over 50 caps should not be called back in?

Kicking LD/Howard/Dempsey out of the program will help how exactly?

12. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's wait one more game before we anaylze any trends and patterns. I'm sure the next game will be different...

13. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I've learned that my vision of the future where The Bruce steps in as a double duty emergency replacement during qualifying doesn't look so crazy after all. :eek:

14. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Our defense is better. Our offense is worse. Playing Latin style with a team that can run but can't pass accurately is very unlikely to work.

15. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    We've learned that for all the experimentation that the "preseason brigade" keeps claiming this stretch of games if for, Klinsmann really hasn't varried anything up at all with his tactics and lineups. This is what we're going to see in qualifying.

We've learned that the new Germans, so far, have been a big pile of meh.

We've learned that the only way that you will get a call up under Klinsmann (if you hadn't already gotten one under Bradley) is if you were born and raised in Germany and just so happen to be the offspring of a US serviceman.

We've learned that apparently attacking soccer means playing 1 striker, 5 defenders and a DCM as your playmaker.

We've learned that Klinsmann might be the worst evaluator of talent to man the US coaching job in the last 30 years.

We've learned that Martin Vasquez is no Jogi Lowe.

We've learned that "rebuilding the youth structure in the US" means making no changes at all to the existing youth national team coaches and hiring a part time coach for the U-23s.

We've learned that the majority of BigSoccer is more willing to believe their ears rather than their eyes when it comes to evaluating Klinsmann's "vision" for US Soccer.

16. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Our defense is better because Jurgen bunkers and makes no attempt to counter attack. Under Klinsmann, if we have two people in the attacking third at the same time, one of those guys is out of position.

And I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the "Latin Style" is. Because Guatemala sure as shit plays differently than Costa Rica. Panama and Honduras aren't carbon copies of each other. And Paraguay doesn't play anything at all like Argentina. Bolivia is no Brazil.

I suppose if the Latin American countries all played alike then it would make sense to throw that term out there. But since they don't, it seems to be just some fantasy created by BigSoccer.

17. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    don't ever post in here, but after 6 games of frustration i needed somewhere to vent.

after 6 games, the biggest thing we've learned is that in terms of tactics, klinsmann is no better than bradley(ahem.. unwillingness to experiment?) 6 matches and 2 goals. that should be enough of a wake up call to say "hey, something here isn't working." and not having donovan and dempsey suited up for the match yet is not the issue.

maybe 2 natural strikers isn't the solution for the USMNT either, but 2 defensive midfielders has shown it isn't. i think we need to become less defensive to become more offensive. there's no creativity on the field. there's no urgency to attack(well, until we concede). I wouldn't mind if we threw a squad out there against france, and went guns blazing.. put 2 in the net, even if it's at the expense of giving up 3 or 4.(at least it shows the ability to put the ball in the net, which quite frankly, I haven't seen that ability in years) If we pushed the attack and put 2 in the net in any of the last 6 matches, is there any doubt in your mind the squad wouldn't come away with a victory?

18. j.asgard

j.asgard Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  19. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. He may be done with Orozco-Fizcal, Ream, Castillo and Rogers. I am hoping Beckerman and Edu are also on the menu.

2. He likes those new German kids. Only Chandler has proven anything to me.

3. He waits too long to sub.

4. Brek Shea may need a rest.

5. Tim Howard, nuff said. . .

6. He is unwilling to call in young, unproven players at Central Defenders and experiment with them.

7. Bocanegra is going to wear out . . .

8. He posted here on Big Soccer about MB. I am thinking he might be Junior in LA.

9. He likes players who do exactly what he tells them to do, even if they cannot play.

10. He hates losing but meh 0-1 appears to be his favorite scoreline.

11. His attacking-possession based style looks vaguely like bunkering.

12. There are people in BS who consider this an attacking formation.

13. People will be preaching "patience" when we head down to Mateo Flores needing a win to advance (just kidding).

14. We need some players to step up. It appears we have entirely too many role players. That's ok but who is gonna be "the deal"?

15. We will know a lot more after the 7th game (I hope).

20. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He is worse at game planning than Rick Perry is at debating.

21. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ deuteronomy just about covered everything that needs to be said... /thread

22. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd just like to say that I am definitely Klinsy. Feel free to ask me anything you want to know about Robbie Rogers.

23. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Robbie Rogers gets called up to the USMNT, does he dare look Eddie Gaven in the eye? :D

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Is it? We haven't had a clean sheet in six games now.

25. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if Eddie happens to pass directly in front of him, because as you may have noticed, Robbie can only look directly straight ahead and slightly down and has no peripheral vision of any kind, nor the ability to move his head from side to side.