Small Rocks 2022-2023 Banter and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by glorydaze, Jul 22, 2022.

1. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sorry guys, not even going to try to start to explain my last 24 hours. Just to say that LIFE got in the way today. Anything that could go wrong, did! Picks were done at 3:50am my time.

glorydaze, lobomojo, blech and 2 others repped this.
  2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Hope all is okay. And, noticed what time it is for you, and you went above and beyond!

And, I got a chuckle out of the winter sports' team joke.... :D

tjh71 repped this.
  3. Kevin McGuire

Kevin McGuire Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    If I’ve picked one of yours, then I’m not even sorry!
    Triple Newcastle! That was never in my plans.

lobomojo and blech repped this.
  4. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back in. Pick will be in about 15 minutes.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have proxies for Kev

6. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Internet is back, I will pick now.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    back but now out;

Gdaze has my proxies for morning

blech repped this.
  8. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it may be a while before it gets to our end. I'll make my picks and lobo's in the morning. It's only Thursday with just a couple of rounds to go.... and my wife is still talking to me.

lobomojo, Journeymen and blech repped this.
  9. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hurry up you lot.... geez :whistling::confused::p

10. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will have my picks and lobo's in just a few minutes.

lobomojo repped this.
  11. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Leaving for the weekend with no internet (thankfully). Can't imagine I'll be needed for anything and don't really care when the free agent period begins. With my stellar draft, can't imagine needing to make any transfers all year! ;):D

As always, had fun even if there was a lot of muttered cursing as my next pick was consistently stolen. This group is too sharp to get anything for nothing!

lobomojo, glorydaze and blech repped this.
  12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So we going tomorrow with 8:10 pm mst (-7gmt) / 3:10 am bst / 12:10 pm Wollongong time, like that sounds like a real place:rolleyes::p for the open transfer start?

Or should we pick a time when Kevin may be awake or not just be getting home from clubbing?

I don't really care what time it starts, I am content, with my draft (or perhaps Tanger's draft), til I use my wildcard after week 1.

13. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no preference and will wait to pick through the crumbs as they drop.

14. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm easy on any time and am happy to defer to the guys not in North America.
    VSR went with this which makes sense;

7am - Sydney & The Gong
    10pm - London
    5pm - New York

lobomojo repped this.
  15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'm not currently planning to participate (or, is this triple reverse psychology and I will....).

It seems to me that we need to wait to hear from Kev. I'm certainly a fan of adjusting the time to ensure that it is a reasonable time (for everyone who wants to participate) and hope that everyone agrees to do that, if it is an issue. But if Tangers aren't planning to make any moves, then we should just stick to the standard schedule.

lobomojo, Kevin McGuire and Journeymen repped this.
  16. Kevin McGuire

Kevin McGuire Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Don’t work around me. I am in no rush. Just use a time that works for you guys.

17. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I need to participate as my Mexican striker decided to blow his knee ...... and his groin :x3:o_O just after I signed him. I played 90 minutes at striker this afternoon in my over 45's game and even i didn't injure myself.....that bad ;).
    But tomorrow going to be difficult for me anyway as it's my missus birthday, so i'm cooking breakfast in the morning and my U14's play at 12.20pm. So make the time whatever, I'll deal with it. I've got one striker in mind, so get your mitts off him :laugh:

glorydaze and lobomojo repped this.
  18. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So...... I looked up Freedom on Goggle Docs and all i could find was furniture stores.....????:confused:

glorydaze repped this.
  19. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/small-rocks-2022-2023-transfer-thread.2121929/

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yep get to watch each match from a different couch

tjh71 repped this.
  21. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Open transfer season is upon us!

I was waiting for 15 minutes for the deadline and then missed it, I'm rubbish at that. Luckily Lobo who is highly skilled in this area was more concerned about a 4.0 keeper.

blech and lobomojo repped this.
  22. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I had been hoping to get Fofana with my round 15, although not surprised to see him grabbed by Lobo before it got back to me. I like him if he stays put, and he has potential upside if he moves (unless he leaves the league) although suspect it is a wash as best as he loses minutes. Now to watch the continued updates on will he or won't he transfer.

No team-by-team draft recap from me. I was happy to get two Diogo's, Jota and Dalot, and a host of SON's, including SON, MaddiSON, RicharliSON, and ErikSEN (which I believe is Danish for SON). I also used all of my cash, and I was struck by the fact that everyone (except Journeymen and me) have loads of cash left! We'll be watching to see where you spend it in the weeks ahead.

And, speaking of Journeymen, the one player who kept showing up on my board and that I think may have been the steal of the draft was Saint-Maximin in round 10. By virtue of his reclassification from F to M, he'll get an extra point for each goal and each clean sheet, so that could add 15 points just for duplicating last season, and he could tack on a lot more if Newcastle are better this year (as some project) and/or if he gets his head sorted and takes it up the notch that everyone thinks is possible. [Alternatively, Newcastle brings in someone new and his days are numbered, but I'm calling this as the steal of the draft for now!] Anyone else want to nominate others?

Journeymen repped this.
  23. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Also, I did a first sort of the "Player Data Sort" sheet on the G-Doc. It is current through row 6 on 7/31/22.

The sheet is locked so that Journeymen and I are the only ones who can sort it. I do this because it requires a copy with "paste values" before sorting, and it will become a mess if someone mis-copies.... I try to sort it at least once per GW, sometimes more if there are a lot of transfers. I also include a note at the top of the page that shows both the date and the row number of the last transfer. So, after checking the sorted sheet, just check to see if there are additional transfers after that row number to make sure your desired player hasn't been recently picked up. (Or, if it's been over a week or over 10 transfers since last sorted, feel free to shoot me a DM as a reminder and I'll jump on and run it).

For those new to the division or who didn't look at it last year, I sort the players by position (G, D, M, F) and then by real team (ARS, AVL, BHA, etc.). This is my preferred way for scanning who is picked up when trying to sort who is available. If you have an alternate preferred way, let me know and I may be able to add a second sort, or feel free to copy from this list and to sort privately in your own doc.

The one word of warning. This uses the info that is in the Squads sheet. So, if the Squads sheet doesn't get updated, the old info will be in the Player Data Sort as well.

glorydaze repped this.
  24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Still waiting on you to pick a team name.... Is it going to be Journeymendy this year? :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

25. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah, he's not good enough to warrant that, I'll keep it clean this year.

blech repped this.