Small Rocks 2021-2022 OrganizingThread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by glorydaze, Jul 14, 2021.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    FYI, I added an additional sheet to the GDoc called "Draft" to track the draft in order of picks. It's basically just a record of the picks that are made here but easier to scroll through as it gets into the later rounds. I stuck it all the way to the far right so that it's out of the way, but let me know if anyone would prefer that I remove it. If you want to add your picks there as you make them, great, but I'll otherwise just update this myself and it is just as easy to do it here and share it with everyone else than in my own spreadsheet. The copy and edit/paste-special/paste-values-only makes it pretty easy.

On the "player list" page, is the practice to highlight the selected player with your team color as we go to show that who is taken? And, will there be a final update of the list before we start?
    PS--I would consider adding another column on this player list page for each player's position and then we can just copy and paste (values only) from there to the roster page.

2. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It seems overkill to me but I have no problems if you/others find it useful and you will update yourself. I can't think of a reason to scroll back through picks, surely you'd just look at the squad or player list sheet to see who is taken.

Yep, onus is on us to add players to the squad sheet and update the player list by colour coding. It is already up to date but will obviously be updated and final checked before being locked on the 3rd. I am also providing this for the Sand draft.

I don't want to add unnecessary lines to the player list sheet and the format will need amending anyway as copying and pasting will alter the line thickness (I could change that but it looks pretty, lol). It only takes a second to amend the colour manually.

3. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Alrighty then...

I have made some alterations to the spreadsheet and whilst it doesn't look as pretty as it was (at least to me), it is likely more practical. You will be able to copy and paste from the 'Player List' sheet and the 'Transfers' sheet once we're post draft.

If anyone else has any feedback, annoyances or improvements whack 'em my way?

4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    :thumbsup:

Thanks. Personally, I don't see any decrease in its prettiness, and do agree that it is an important consideration!

No typing is necessary, and we can now copy name, position, team, and price in one single step. And, just a reminder for anyone doing the copying and pasting to use the "paste special" and "paste values only" so that no formatting changes and we can keep everything looking nice!

5. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Did I get access to this yet? Just got back from being out of town. A bit behind..

6. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everyone has access.

7. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    I've run into a small issue. I actually will be gone on Tuesday and part of Wednesday now. Not asking for the draft to be delayed or anything. I can give a list to another manager to make my picks. Probably will eliminate overthinking and making a bad pick, which has become a tradition lately. I trust other managers not to steal my bad ideas for their own use as well.

My question is, drafting last / first, if I am going to be back mid-day on Wednesday, how many players would you like me to try to rank? Round 1 and 2? Rounds 1-4? I don't want to hold things up but also really enjoy the draft.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

8. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    IMO since you are 8th and round the bend, just a list for the first two picks, your 1 and 2. When it gets back to you next you I expect you will want to see who is available and what funny business Lobo has been up to....

lobomojo repped this.
  9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I forgot is there a reason we are waiting til the 3rd on availability. Whenever is fine with me, but we could go earlier on a slow basis so Wendys could get some of his big picks done before he is off or wait til Wednesday night or Thursday for him. I am good with either, appears we will have a fast focused group so the draft should not drag much.

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

tarvinodos repped this.
  11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    As I recall, we were waiting until 8/3 because that's when Wendys was going to be back. We could wait until the 8/4 or go on 8/3 with proxies, but I thought earlier had already been ruled out.

I was thinking with this group and only three time zones that this might move fast, but I'm good with 1.5 to 2 rounds per day for the first bit.

12. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Yeah. I think we were mostly waiting for the 3rd due to me, and now I mess things up by not returning until the afternoon of the 4th. Work messed up my vacation and everything got moved. I think another advantage of not going too early is because once you start, you have to freeze the player pool, and the more players who are added into the FPL database, the better. I'll work on a list to get me through the first two rounds and another list in case you all get anxious. I know waiting around during a draft is no fun. Sorry for the hassle!

13. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not a bother as far as I'm concerned, pick your first 2 as proxies or just wait until the 4th.

lobomojo repped this.
  14. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. It does not seem to be a big issue. Proxy Rounds 1 and 2 to keep us moving and we'll wait for your return on the 4th. That gives the rest of us a chance to pick through round 3 and clear the blue smoke from the air.

bobfest, tarvinodos and lobomojo repped this.
  15. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Waiting a day is no big deal.

Will need the blue smoke to decide if DeBruyne or Kane will be injured half the season and if Sterling or Mane experience a resurgence.

Starting smoke signals now

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    I'll send my list later tonight. Anyone volunteer to make my picks for me? Thanks!

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am around

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can help if you need a neutral

lobomojo repped this.
  19. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    I absolutely trust everyone, but having a neutral is always great. Sent you a message on Big Soccer with my list.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me. First thing when I get in Wednesday afternoon I'll check in.

Journeymen, kopiteinkc and tarvinodos repped this.
  20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Confirming that I plan to pick tomorrow between 8 and 9 am eastern to kick things off.

bobfest, Journeymen and tarvinodos repped this.
  21. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I’m assuming we’ll have Draft and Chat threads.

22. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  23. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll add a discussion thread tonight.

24. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can always rename this current thread if you want to / just an idea

25. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thank you both. I don’t know why I sometimes don’t get a notification.