Small Rocks 2018-2019 Organizing Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by glorydaze, Jul 12, 2018.

1. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. based on my fuzzy math, Closest to the number going either North or South:

1- Glorydaze difference of 56
    2- FC St Pauli- difference of 174
    3- Top Shelf- difference of 224
    4- FC Weymouth= difference of 256
    5- Sasha Juniors- difference of 259
    6- ChrisSuttonsSlippers- difference of 320
    7- ColdDogSoupFC- difference of 357
    8- Journeymen- difference of 421

Please feel free to check the math. Last time I drafted from the pole position was a disaster:eek:

frasermc repped this.
  2. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got confused there for a minute not taking into account the north/south thing.
    All the numbers look bang on to me.

I've never played from 8th spot before, I can't say I'm thrilled?!

3. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm willing to have some input on how to determine the order but my understanding is that you take each person's number and determine who is closest going either up or down based on 1000. Example: If Person A had Chosen 091 they would have been off by 4. If Person B had chosen 084 then they would have been off by 3 and would be considered closest. That is why in my posts I stated each number would be judged by going North (up) and South (down) and determining which was closest. Since the pick 3 number was 087 I used 587 (500 either side of it) to determine which way to determine how close your number was to the pick 3. In your case 666 was 421 places away from 087 (334+87=421) going North or up.

Can't tell whether I made that clear or if I muddied the waters. If I have figured that incorrectly please know I'm good with changing it, Lobo may be the only other hold out here who remembers how we determined it.

4. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I get it and you made it clear enough, I was just being momentarily dumb.

It looks legit to me.

glorydaze repped this.
  5. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it. I could have been clearer using up or down. FYI, I have always done better when choosing from the #8 spot versus the #1 spot. A few years ago I grabbed a "can't miss Hazard" and had to wait 15 places for my 2nd round. Hazard tanked and I basically had no captain that year. Only time I've been relegated so I am not overly thrilled to be going 1st.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    who came up with this cockamamie:rolleyes::sick::thumbsdown::( scheme.....

yeah, just take each player's closest number from either direction and shuffle me and the Beast to the bottom

Journey I will let you move one spot closer if u want to trade, or GDaze I can give you the thrill of 7th

7. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
  8. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Admittedly I haven't went very deep with my research (got a 7am flight to Cardiff for a 9am meeting which will then leave me a long return time so plan to cram in quite a bit then) but I think this season has quite a spread of players in the very good-excellent category which should leave you with quite a few options at the turn. :thumbsup:

I wonder if the sophomore blues will strike this season. Salah was wonderful for me last year. Can he maintain...? :coffee:

9. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #59 Journeymen, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    I will take my position as it is, thats the luck of the draw.

I do not expect Salah to score 300 again this year but I think he'll be the top point scorer, or very close to it.

10. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a couple of things to set up for draft time.

I will set up an official draft thread today. I will make my first pick before I go to bed Tuesday night July 31. That sets us up to be rolling on Aug 1.

If anyone is more adept at setting up a google docs sheet I would appreciate them doing so. I am of the opinion that we had too many sheets to keep up with last year. We need the roster sheet at a minimum. A transfer sheet is fine but I would like to keep the data records simple. Takers anyone?

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have made your official draft thread a "sticky"

Sounds messy I know!

If you need an y moderating done during the draft - edits/deletes or scaring away spammers who want you to pay to play their amazing game just send me a note and I will take care of it ...

frasermc and glorydaze repped this.
  12. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have never setup the spreadsheet before but I can likely do it. I would just do the team roster sheet & another for the player pool. I assume transfers will be posted on here?

13. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That works for me. I can muddle my way through creating it but I'm a bit of a technodolt. I appreciate it.
    Yes all official transfers are here.

14. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #64 Journeymen, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    I have pretty much finished the spreadsheet (minus any late additions) and have just e-mailed you all as invitees. It has two pages, one for the squads and another for the locked player list for the draft process.

Does anyone use the player list page after the draft has completed, I do not? I likely have no plans to keep on top of this and add/remove players as they change.

glorydaze and frasermc repped this.
  15. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    I am home from my backpacking trip and didn't get eaten by a bear so I guess I'm in for the start tomorrow. Not ready by any means, but at least in! :eek:

glorydaze repped this.
  16. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I don't either. Nice work @Journeymen looks like we're all set. :thumbsup:

May the best Celtic supporting Scotsman win! :D

Journeymen repped this.
  17. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the work on the spreadsheet Dave. I am going to make my pick between 7p(edt) and 9p tonight. That ought to keep the frozen player list valid. I also do not need anymore than what you created. I will create a Small Rocks banter thread for the purpose of keeping the draft thread manageable.

Journeymen repped this.