Small Rocks 2011-2012 Draft Analysis (and preseason transfers)

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Aug 8, 2011.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    go, go, go.... :D

2. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well said, better than I could've. I've been mentally writing and rewriting and reconsidering my sign-off for several weeks. It'd be strange to be doing this league without you, Ingro, the dog-walks during the draft, the quick grabs of players I wanted in our rare years in the same league. Best of luck in everything!

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 01 Apr 14:04

out distin guiterrez

in ivanovic d chelsea; andrews m wba

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This season has just been a disaster... I'll be in the relegation zone by tomorrow. No matter what I've tried, hasn't worked... looks like my Small Rocks run is at an end :(

5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i'm still expecting captain Rooney to pull you out by the end of the day and i suspect this race goes down to the wire.

6. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    What would you do if you had only 7 weeks left in your fantasy career? Why, treat every week like a wildcard, of course! This week in only cost me 4 points. Here's this week's "best available" offering:

GK Friedel (either him or Habsi away to Chelsea. Lesser of 2 evils.)

Kaboul
    Cole (Only Cole looks good in defense, maybe Wheater for set pieces v FUL)
    Wheater

Petrov
    Young
    Lennon (all pretty handy here. I fancy Bolton in form & motivated this week)
    Duff

Crouch
    Cisse (Crouch v out-of sorts Wolves my final pickup.)
    Welbeck

7. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Posted by Craig Powell on 03 Apr 18:12

Ok, I'll jump.

Out: Fletcher

In: Torres, F, CHE, 9.9

Bank: Much less (P.S. 2.9)

Now watch him get hurt in the CL match.

Really, too much money to spend!

8. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Nothing new. That's the way Hal plays through the entire season!

9. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I have to pay a bit more attention to those updated rosters. I didn't see Bendtner, Crouch and Torres available. With Tevez the worry is going to be Mancini saving face. There is a risk either way to play Tevez and win the title or not play Tevez and lose the title.

10. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    yea, that 1 point from Tevez really held you back last week..... ;)

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to see you go, Ing. I came close to leaving a few years back because of real world taking all my time so I get where you are coming from. Even now with a lesser schedule, this game and the Champions league game are the only two fantasy teams I'm still in because the others (Prem match picks, another Prem fantasy game, and NFL fantasy) had to be dropped for me to have a hope of staying active here. I hope the increased real world burden in your life is a good thing and if not that it ends and you come back. Good luck either way.

Having said all that can I now complain about how your "wildcard a week" plan will mean fewer decent players available to the rest of us? <Insert something about integrity of the competition here> ;):D

12. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Posted by Craig Powell on 06 Apr 13:37

Now I have too many CHE guys, each subject to Champions League rotation. Damn.

Out: Ramires

In: Albrighton, M, AVL, 5.9

Bank: More (P.S. 3.9)

Really thought Drogba would be the CL guy, not Torres, so now I have to get rid of 1. Probably should be Torres!

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The mistake was paying and playing him at all:rolleyes:

(and how come sure goalfests never get any goals scored..... hmmmmm...)

Posted by Lobo Mojo on 08 Apr 17:02

Out: Balotelli F MCI

In: Dzeko F MCI

The only thing I could think of before value plummets

sell sell sell.....

15. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glorydaze

Out: K Toure D MCI
    In: Lescott D MCI

back in the fold for Lescott.

16. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Not that my word in last place should carry much weight but I'm confused why so much investment in Man City? Now officially with nothing to play for, manager must be a dead man walking... Looks like toxic stocks to me!

17. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Last place? Perhaps for another week or two at the most if Cisse keeps firing.

Bonus points are in early and here's the relegation update.....

SJrs ---- 1494
    FCS ---- 1426
    BD ----- 1425
    LSG ---- 1405

Only 6 weeks to play.

18. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This game is so cruel - it really is. I would be more or less safe right now if I'd hung on to Rafael and especially Ben Arfa. I had both most of the year, and they languished on the bench and I felt I had to let them go - now they are suddenly regulars and producing 8-14 points each on a weekly basis.

Demba Ba has been MIA since the Africa Nations Cup - I dont see any production there particularly with Cisse the hottest striker in the prem.

Gibbs was playing well against City and Wenger takes him out in the 55th minute for the sub-par Santos, costing me another 5 points.

Then Rooney. As long as Man U keeps getting penalties, he may score, but the last games I've watched he's content to simply jog around and drop deep. Most of the Man U attacking is going through Valencia. I'm not optimistic there he can match Cisse or even Walcott down the stretch.

But must tip my hat to you and Ingromius - some great moves. I'm not sure there is a way I can counter your current rise. So is life I guess.

19. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that "now you get points after doing nothing for X weeks/months for me" thing can really drive one crazy. Valencia did that to me with 5 points through late October when I finally gave up and then he gets 116pts since then. Jarvis was almost as bad giving me just two weeks above 3pts in the 4 months I had him and then going on to score more than 3pt eight times in the four months after I let him go. Odemwingie two weeks above 2pt (21total) when I had him for 4 months then he goes above 2pt six times (68pt) over the next three months after I dropped him. I then pick him up right after he scores 30pt over two gameweeks and of course he hasn't been above 2pt since. Don't get me started on what happened with Giggs. :rolleyes: :mad:

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My players took Gaffer Lizzy Lambert's example to fight for the cause a bit too literally of late:

Posted by Lobo Mojo on 10 Apr 20:13

Out: Ivanovic D CHE 6.6

In: Bardsley D SUN 4.8

Bank: 2.2
    free

and buck up my lil' lo-cal-decaf-latte-sipping crayon muncher, no use having an arch-nemmy if he is not around....the Blue Smoke Wiiiiggguuummm Annihilator is down for spring cleaning and maintenance so make use of the short reprieve....

21. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    blech is probably going crazy right now. Gerrard and Suarez rested. Yakubu misses a penaly and now has scored one for a brace. I bet he wished he had ordered decaf about now.

22. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    the disappointment of Tuesday was replaced by the joy of Wednesday. it's a wacky game sometimes, with plenty of twists and turns still to come.

although i've got half a mind to give a few of them the boot, i can't bring myself to part with any of the rest of my players that don't play this weekend, so i'm currently planning to go into the week with only 7 players...... eeek!

23. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You were saying, don't give up the day job for a career in the City :p:D

(of course next gw you may be a genius)

And dont's expects some tearful goodbye I'll just toss you a bottle of cut-rate whiskey and a pack of smokes at the tube station after GW 38 ....

24. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glorydaze

Out: Arteta M ARS 8.0
    In: Pienaar M EVE 7.0

I've got a team not playing or falling apart. Sorry to see Arteta end the season this way after a nice resurgence.

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 19 Apr 19:53

Out Andrews M WBA 4.3:

In: Toure M MCI 7.7

Bank: 0.1
    4 pts