Small Rocks 2010-11 Banter

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I get that but it isn't like I've won anything yet. Insert something about counting chickens here. :D

I guess this is a bad place to mention that I left 14 net points on my bench and captained my lowest scoring player this week so I only scored 57pts. :p

2. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    By this time each year I have put together my guess of the top ten draft choices for next year. I have NO IDEA what next years will look like. Many long time favorites have started to look pretty old, and many, many look real fragile.

Should be interesting.

3. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Half the team I'm fielding right now won't be in the Prem next year!

Am lucky enough to be in London this month and saw Arsenal at Emirates and Fulham at Craven Cottage this weekend. Last time I keep three Gunners on my team!

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    You should have let me know, I am a not too long walk away from Craven Cottage - probably still my favorite ground in London. That or Loftus Road. Too many bad memories at the Emirates :rolleyes:

5. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Definitely next time. This whole work trip got organized at the last minute, my wife came over the weekend, was a mess basically!

Its a small world though - I used to live on Kenyon Street near the Cottage!

6. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    time traveling, i see - but were you going backward or forward in time?

8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    with no saturday morning quarterback, my own personal musings are that this looks like it may be the week we see a swap in the relegation spots - Clan's in-your-face move for Defoe hasn't paid off, but Beckford and captain Modric have already come good, while the dawgs will be taking full advantage of autosub and still not looking likely to field a full 11. Lampard has 45 minutes to bail the dawgs out, while i continue to ponder how much more the game might have opened up had he put away that golden chance in the first minute. oh well.

9. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Next mispost will be in the yet-to-be-created Neutrons League thread. I'm going distant future dude!

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Go to LA for a couple Dodger games, and a visit to my new favorite store, 2020 Wine, check out the website, and what do you get. Two new grandbabies. Grandson, Abram, in Wichita, and Granddaughter, Ava, in KC.

As my brother points out, two "Tax Babies" for a old accountant.

Doesn't get any better.

11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    congrats, well done

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    wacky week. LSG posts a 97 while Rockville can't be bothered to field a team and pipes in with a 30. LSG's 97 isn't even good enough for a Rocks medal this week, but the 67 point swing sees the lead at the top of the league change for the first time in long while. well done Sir Ingro. we've got a race at the top with 5 weeks to play.

at the other end, my dawgs have climbed clear of relegation and IOTP by 13 points, but have already given 8 points back for the coming week via excess transfers. 5 points, 5 weeks.

and, a big week for Aviators is probably too little, too late, but it would now only take a monster week to make things tight down the stretch.

13. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Congrautlations to another 1st Round Draft Pick Lampard Club Member who also needs over 28 weeks to scramble out of relegation. Go Osman!

14. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Relegation update: There are still 4 games to be played this gameweek over the next four days, and then 4 full gameweeks after that. With the dawgs and IOTP going over 50 today while Glorydaze limped in with only 19, the relegation battle has suddenly gone from 6v7 to 5v6v7. The overall scores include today's tally, with players still to come this week in parentheses:

5. Glorydaze fC = 1497 (Lescott + KDavies + 2nd games from K Davies & Etherington (c))
    6. blechs_dawgs = 1487 (Kolarov + 2nd games from Shawcross, Baird, O'Hara, & Walters)
    7. In off the post = 1480 (2nd games from Salcido & Zamora (c))

Shaping up to be a great race to the finish.

15. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Sounds as competitive as VSR has been this year!

16. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Tight for first too! Great season in every league it seems. Man U killed me this week: no Berbatov which I expected... But no Vidic & o'shea off after 57 minutes turned an expected 12 points into 1.

17. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I decided awhile ago to just treat the two weeks as one big one because the only way I could get anywhere close to a full eleven would have left me with many transfers the follow week to avoid a weakened team then instead of the first week. Add in the fact that my overall squad would be weaker following the two double gameweeks due to people picking up most if not all my drops and it wasn't that hard a decision. I looked at getting in players in the weeks leading up to it but there wasn't enough quality out there to make it worth it and most of my players were in pretty outstanding form. Of course I hadn't planned on Tevez getting injured. Time will tell whether the tactic worked. It was probably my decision with the most risk since the one I made back at the early part of the season when I decided to keep many players from my draft even though some weren't starting, I was well down in the table, and my team's value fell rapidly.

18. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    With every point critical at this stage, it was a good day for the dawgs, inching forward without even playing.

First, FPL powers/towers took away the assist that had originally been given to Bobby Zamora. As he is wearing the armband for IOTP this week, the decision took away 6 points. While the scoring adjustment looked to be a legitimate correction from the replay I saw today, Clan is rumored to be in contact with Solicitors who will seek an inju n ction as well as file monetary claims. "If you recall Sheffield United's dispute with West Ham United over Carlos Tevez over relegation 4 years ago, you know we're serious and that justice will be on our side." FPL did not return calls for a comment but issued a brief written statement: "As stated in the rules, neither we nor the Press Association will enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players."

Second, Glorydaze sent out the typically reliable Kevin Davies, who ended up with -1 for the day after missing a penalty kick early in the second half.

A good day for the dawgs, but Zamora and Davies both play again before the gameweek ends, and then there are still 4 gameweeks to play.

19. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    time will tell indeed. the risk of not being able to reacquire dropped players presents some difficult decisions at times. but it looks like you knew what you were doing.... ;) nice score this week.

20. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    For what it is worth, I agree 100%.. I humbly take back everything I said (either on the Posts or to myself:p)... sensational tactics:cool:

21. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys but I've got to admit that I expected more of a margin to second in both SR and the overall. Lobo Mojo getting a 169pts over the last two weeks was a bit of a shock. I also lost ground to Ingromius who got 154pts over the two gameweeks. Nice job there....just don't either of you do it again. ;):D

Speaking of good scores. I'm amazed that a team that just scored 103pt (Pork Soda) still faces a very real threat of relegation from VSR. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  22. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    But that just emphasizes how bad he's been the rest of the season :D

23. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh! I've been thrown in the mud and slimed! But that seems to be where I belong, swine nature and all. What a season. For anyone with some political history, it's been eerily reminiscent John Ashcroft losing to a dead guy (Mel Carnahan) for Senate in Missouri, because Windsor hasn't been managing his team. If I'd gone down, and I still might, I doubt I'd ever live it down. Transfers have been an exercise in comedy. I just tallied up my worthless moves, and a full 25 of them have been zeroes, with such luminaries in the Colorful Names category as Pletikosa, Kakuta, Etuhu, Boyata (who absolutely had to start, but somehow didn't get a minute that week), and multiple Heitinga follies. The lowlights were proudly stealing Valencia and watching as he blew out his leg in his first match on my team, along with Ferdinand, who then did nothing before going off with the hamstring, but also grabbing Morrison, who got 2, instead of his teammate Jerome Thomas on the week Thomas scored I think 14. And anyone who willingly places David N'Gog on his roster deserves relegation to the kindergarten league. My gun-shy, almost-transfer list would put have me challenging for first. So, retribution! By the way, this whingeing recitative was how I was going to introduce myself to Dust next season.

24. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And barring a miracle, looks like we're stuck with Lobo Lobo Voodoo Man again next year

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Do you know the sound of Thunder... Listen to the Thunder" Lo-Cal-Decaf-Latte- Sipping Wiiiiigggguummmm, might be time for you to retire

http://youtu.be/kmYdYti-obg