Small Rocks 2010-11 Banter

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Jul 30, 2010.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    And away we go. I didn't feel there was any choice here, so no surprises. If Lampard scores 284 again, I like my odds. And by my convoluted thinking about this, even if he has a 30% drop off, he's still right around 200. Where do I sign to lock that in.....

Re the google doc, I copied the latest player list from the FPL site. I rearranged the columns to conform to the order we use - player - position - team - price, so if you want, you can copy and paste from either of those two sheets to input your picks on the "picks" sheet and on the "roster" sheet.

And, yes, I did make two duplicate sheets. Since I'm promoting copying and pasting, it occurred to me that we could end up with something being cut and pasted or something inadvertently being dragged, or some other mishap, so I made a second sheet, and have "protected' it so that it cannot be changed and can be the official record of who was in the FPL system when we started. It's title is original, "Protected FPL Roster List".

The other list, FPL Roster List, can be edited, and what I'd propose is that when you draft a player, you place your name or your team name or something in the box next to that player (as I've done for Lampard). As we get later into the draft, it will be a convenient cross-check for who is and isn't still available. Color coding of your selected player is optional.

If anyone hasn't confirmed their google doc access or is having any problems, let me know.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the next 14 picks......

2. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Nice Job on the Google Docs!

Might you have shown your player ratings by the order of the players for the various positions? :)

3. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Alright - where do I file the lawsuit?

This tapping up was worse than Fabregas and Barca...

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Chelsea lost 5-1 to Wycombe last night... so I predict 68 points for Lampard this season. The fact that it was a Chelsea youth side is irrelevant; this losing culture will surely filter through to the first teamers!

5. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly the reason to go with Rooney after the pummeling their young guns gave the MLS "all-stars?" the other night. We'll conveniently forget about Kansas City...

6. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I think Blech's invitations to the new spreadsheets must be lost somewhere in a rarely viewed inbox - just logged in but only have last year's docs showing.

What to do... blech, would you pm me the addy you sent my invite to? Not sure where to look for it.

Edit: got it - my addy changed slightly so I think it's not yet registered.

7. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I took the 'Whether or Not to Chance Drafting Fabregas' decision off the table so now the rest of you can ponder over whether or not to draft some highly talented, but fragile or currently injured players. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Pick in a few minutes. I must confess to having some Cescy dreams so now need a moment to be sure Team No Star chooses the right keystone upon which to build. May be a surprise coming...

9. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well.... I have to say I hate picking 5th. My top choices gone, but so many stars left I'm already doubting my pick.

At least I have a nice cap hold in any event for the next batch to City arrivals :rolleyes:

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    In the building. Will be available all day for selections.

Did not have Malouda quite as high as both our group and VSR, but I can certainly see the appeal. When Chelsea are scoring as many as 7 in a match it becomes something you want to be a party to.

11. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I find myself in this strange position this year where nobody in my predraft squad looked like a clear first round pick. Hence my designation as Team No Star.

Which, considering I've been second too many times to count but thus far never once won a league in all the time there have been Rocks leagues, seems an apt theme. Actually I almost made an even more surprising pick than Malouda, only to reconsider.

It wasn't Helder Postiga...

12. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Now you know that Downing is reserved for Aviators' Round 15 pick!!! Hands Off!

13. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Clan's next and you guys took all the CH "cream." Could it be Terry AND A Cole in a 1-6, 2-3 swoop? Maybe Benayoun and Kalou? What's a fan to do?

14. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ha! My PM to him informing him of his turn was more of an apology than anything.

I cant tell you how many times I switched between Drogba and another player I have my eye on - but I bet he'd still be available in round 2 for me. Lets hope I'm right

15. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Hal, I think if you're to balance your squad you'll need both Downing and Upson.

16. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Ingromious....pee's in a pod you and me (from VSR). i got the 7th pick and no hope of a "star"!

17. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I know we're going slow, so no complaints if we stop 'til Paul gets onto a computer that won't get him fired. But looking back at old posts, I saw that he mentioned managing fast turnarounds by using cell phone. Did anyone arrange such a plan again this year?

If not I'll assume we're parked here until at least 10 my time. No problem, I have already warned the girlfriend about a late night and I have a good supply of junk food and Pro Evo to keep me company for a nocturnal draft.

18. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    ... wait a minute, did you just refer to me as urine? :) Now I'm really p***ed off!

Yeah, sorry, bad jokes. And the season hasn't even begun yet.

19. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    har har!

*pea's!*

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay, guys...got a real issue here.

Something unexpected has come up, and I'll be largely unavailable all week untill probably late Thursday or early Friday.This was supposed to be happeninjg at the end of August, but has been brought forward to now.

I will have virtually no internet connection at all, unless I can pop into the quaint little library in the town down the road (which is I an right now).

I can, however, give my cell to somebody, and perhaps text a pick or three to get through the weekend and early days of next week.

problem there though, is I have no player prices available and won't know who was taken already.

major drag lads, sorry.

21. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    WOW, this may be too tough.

I am available to assist Paul in anyway I can, at least through Thursday, but not sure how we overcome no available player list/team roster.

What now coach?

22. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I suggest Paul H. goes to Google Docs and downloads and prints the three worksheets Paul B. prepared and make his entries manually when someone updates him via cell and then one of us could post his selections.

23. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I too can help however I can (phone, text, etc). Any chance that the FPL roster page can be printed from the google doc on the next trip to this library? Or the current player list could be printed from the home page of the FPL site? That would solve the player list issue, and then it's just filling in as we go with pen or pencil, like the pre-Internet drafts of old.

Happy to text picks or provide summaries in whatever ways would make the most sense and be most efficient.

24. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Well guys I'll stick around for another hour or so but it doesn't seem like we'll get things moving in time for much more to happen tonight.

No worry, I'm sure the idea of printing out a roster combined with liberal phone usage should get us around this problem, but I can't imagine it will happen within the next few hours...

25. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Jonathan,

I talked with Chuck. He just got home and is heading out. He won't get to check in and make his picks till later this evening. I'd say go ahead and hit the sack.

If you want, you can send me a proxy pick and it might get back to you for your Round 3 pick when you wake up in the morning.