SMACK/RIVALRY Thread Pt. 6 (Your team smells like a horses' @$$!!!)

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by Força Sporting, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o983z-ZFhug"]YouTube- Época 2004/05 - SL Benfica 0-2 BEIRA-MAR[/ame]

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
  3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah... I don't care that they don't have our team name to even choose from... it looks cooler anyway. It's like when I choose to not list myself as Hispanic or White on questionaires, the babes are always like... "Other... oh dayum"

4. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I'm always puzzled myself as to what to put...

5. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well they have yet to put in a 'God' option so I must continue waiting until they begin doing that. :D

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Oh and I also have a question for Vic or GD or anyone else on Porto's nutsack, if Benfica so clearly is corrupt, why is it that Bruno Alves was allowed to stay on the field against us after he deserved a second yellow, easily, on at least 3 different occasions? Even RM should've been sent off in that game. This is what is the most amusing stuff to me, because, had a Benfica player been manhandling Porto players without getting sent off, my God you guys would never shut the ******** up.

7. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree they should have been red carded.

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Bruno Alves is the Boss. No ref has the balls to red card him because he would chuck norris their ass.

9. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    That's one of the best responses you could have given, had you not made the mistake of comparing Bruno Alves to Chuck Norris. Anyone knows Chuck Norris can't even be compared to Chuck Norris, let alone Bruno Alves.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You are right. I'll say Steven Segal. :D

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree he deserved to be sent off. Did him not being sent off cost you the game? Oh so sorry to hear that, blatant corruption to help Porto win again :rolleyes:

Come back about ref calls when one costs you a game, so far this season you've been handed plenty of points.

12. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One word: Hulk. The fact is that Porto ALWAYS gets screwed in the non-match decisions. If Porto had some sort of tentacular power, you'd expect that the non-match decisions would be in their favour. Sending players off in a big match is always something refs will try to avoid because they know the press would go on and on about it. I agree that the correct decision would be to send off BA, but you're seeing corruption where simple pressure is enough.

13. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Wrong. That wasn't trying to avoid anything, it was deliberately ignoring fouls that could have injured players. There's really no defending that. And I'd agree that refs try to avoid sending a player off if playing in their home stadium (which they do, many have said it before), but this was in a neutral stadium with more Benfica fans than Porto fans, so that's a bull excuse.

14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    No, but that's because we're too good and don't need any help like that. It could have cost us a player, though.

15. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What do you mean "wrong."? I don't have the statistics to back it up (neither have you to be honest), but it's evident to me that in big games, refs will always tend to avoid sending off players.

The game was already decided by that point, so it clearly wasn't about influencing the result in favour of Porto. Are you saying that the ref was corrupt and the only reason he didn't send BA off was because he was hoping for an injury? That's so ridiculous I don't even know where to start.

16. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no he wasn't trying to injury anyone. BA and MEIRELES were constantly provoking benfica players to see if they answered back so they would get sent off. and j.sousa not giving BA and MEIRELES cards/sending them off just contributed to that.

but BENFICA learned their lesson on that BRAGA game where they fell on that trap and now they just ignore those actions.

since that also BENFICA players at half time and at the end of the game, always stay on the field until the other team goes in to the locker room.

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Alright, well, that's definitely not true. Either you don't watch derby games, or you don't pay attention when reds are handed out like tokens at a fair. There's definitely more reds in a big game then there would be in a regular game. Tensions are high, and players are on edge. Did you even watch Portugal vs. the Netherlands? Extreme case, but all you have to do is look back at Sporting vs. Benfica in the League Cup to see refs aren't going to avoid reds. By "avoiding" giving out reds then that simply means the ref is ignoring the rules of the game, as the ref did against Porto. And no, I'm not saying he didn't send BA off hoping for an injury, that isn't even close to what I said. That simply could've been a result from keeping BA in the game.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Honestly, regardless of how much "help" benfica might have received, they dominated this year both domestically and in Europe and they deserve the title. HOWEVER, I do have a problem figuring out how $40 million appeared out of thin air for a team whos finished 3rd the last 4 years in a row. I don't get where all that money came from

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its been said and repeat numerous times. Viera has increased the net revenue of the brand since he has been put in charge. He has worked new Tv contracts, as well as had the brand extended in Benfica Insurance, Benfica Health, as well as Benfica Merchandise sector.

Also, when you take a look at the players that were sold and brought in for the past 5 years, it balances almost perfectly. Benfica only ends up being in the red by 2 million or something very close to that.

20. No Name Boy

No Name Boy New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Loans. Well need to sell players to pay them.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't see how Benfica can hold onto a lot of their players. they do have the opportunity of making a lot of money to pay for future talent but if they want to continue to win they need to keep this group. Don't think they could buy another team as good.

22. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vice do CJ altera decisão sobre Hulk
    2010-03-28
    Fonte: www.cmjornal.xl.pt
    Agressões: Dionísio Correia começou por concordar com castigos da Liga
    Vice do CJ altera decisão sobre Hulk
    O membro do Conselho de Justiça (CJ) da FPF responsável pelo acórdão que ditou redução dos castigos a Hulk (de quatro meses para três jogos) e Sapunaru (de seis meses para quatro jogos), Dionísio Alves Correia, confidenciou em Coimbra, a pessoas ligadas ao futebol, que iria confirmar na íntegra a decisão da Comissão Disciplinar (CD) da Liga.

Segundo soube o CM, o também vice-presidente do CJ afirmou que não havia qualquer hipótese de entender os stewards fora da categoria dos "intervenientes no jogo com acesso ao recinto desportivo" – designação utilizada pelo Regulamento Disciplinar da Liga – e, portanto, a tese de que poderiam ser equiparados a espectadores – apresentada pelo FC Porto no recurso – não era compreensível.

Nessas conversas, Dionísio Alves Correia (conselheiro jubilado do Supremo Tribunal de Justiça), que reside em Coimbra, declarou--se ainda impressionado com a fundamentação jurídica do acórdão da CD e entendia que a jurisprudência do CJ – que já definira que bombeiros e maqueiros em funções em jogos também eram "agentes desportivos" agredidos – era certa e tinha de ser seguida neste caso. Já estava inclusivamente a fazer o acórdão que iria rejeitar todas as pretensões do FC Porto.

Contudo, na reunião do CJ de 24 de Março, apresentou um acórdão em que equiparou os stewards a espectadores, pelo que as punições a Hulk e Sapunaru tinham de ser em jogos e não em período de tempo, para espanto de alguns colegas, que sabiam o que pensava Dionísio Alves Correia e estavam de acordo com ele, casos de Alexandra Pessanha (docente universitária), Maria Dulce Ferreira (procuradora da República jubilada) e Sarmento Botelho (desembargador jubilado e também residente em Coimbra). E estranharam a adopção, sem mais, da tese do FC Porto – tanto mais que, de acordo com o que ficou escrito na versão final do acórdão, o steward ser espectador "não é muito líquido nem satisfatório".

De acordo com as fontes contactadas, Alexandra Pessanha, Maria Dulce Ferreira e Sarmento Botelho também ficaram incomodados com o facto de o líder do CJ ter escrito no acórdão que os directores de segurança dos clubes – que coordenam a actuação dos stewards nos estádios – eram "agentes desportivos" porque tinham responsabilidades em relação ao recinto desportivo.

ACÓRDÃO VIA FAZ PARA LIGA E FC PORTO

Após ter sido tomada a decisão que diminuiu os castigos de Hulk e Sapunaru, o acórdão do CJ foi enviado por fax à Liga e ao FC Porto, o que não é habitual. As outras decisões, em especial a que confirmou o castigo do bracarense Vandinho (três meses por agressão ao treinador adjunto do Benfica Raul José), foram por correio e chegaram à Liga na passada sexta-feira.

O FC Porto perdeu a Taça da Liga no domingo (derrota por 3-0 diante do Benfica) e tinha jogo da Taça de Portugal em Vila do Conde na quarta-feira, dia em que foi enviado por fax o acórdão. O CM soube ainda que depois de saber que era o relator do caso Hulk e Sapunaru, Dionísio Alves Correia pediu logo à Federação Portuguesa de Futebol, através da secretária Estrela Tomás, que pedisse à Liga para enviar o acórdão da Comissão Disciplinar (CD) em ficheiro Word, mesmo antes de a Liga enviar a contestação ao recurso dos jogadores. A contestação da CD chegou à FPF em 10 de Março.

APONTAMENTOS

SOUSA LAMAS DRAGÃO

António Sousa Lamas, membro do CJ, é conselheiro jubilado do Supremo Tribunal de Justiça. Vive em Aveiro mas é visto frequentemente na tribuna presidencial do Dragão, com cachecol do FC Porto.

DINIS E COSTA ANDRADE

Joaquim Sousa Dinis, presidente do CJ, é vizinho em Coimbra de Costa Andrade, na rua Machado de Castro, e tem relações próximas com o professor da Faculdade de Direito.

JOÃO LEAL FORA

Ao contrário do habitual, a reunião do CJ de 24 de Março não teve como secretário João Leal. O assessor jurídico da FPF estava no Congresso da UEFA, em Israel. A reunião foi secretariada por Estrela Tomás.

UNANIMIDADE

Apesar de Alexandra Pessanha, Maria Dulce Ferreira e Sarmento Botelho estarem contra a equiparação dos stewards a espectadores, votaram a favor do acórdão. O CM sabe que tal se deve a um pacto que existe no CJ: todas as decisões importantes têm de ter o apoio de todos os conselheiros.

COSTA ANDRADE DECISIVO

A posição de Dionísio Correia foi defendida pelo presidente do Conselho de Justiça, Joaquim Sousa Dinis, e por António Sousa Lamas, que se referiram a um artigo de opinião de Costa Andrade, penalista e professor da Faculdade de Direito de Coimbra. No dia 4 de Março de 2010, Costa Andrade escreveu no jornal ‘Público’ um artigo de opinião contra a decisão da Comissão Disciplinar da Liga, onde defendeu que os stewards não podiam ser intervenientes na realização do jogo. Costa Andrade já tinha dado pareceres jurídicos sobre as escutas telefónicas a João Bartolomeu e a Pinto da Costa nos processos desportivos do ‘Apito Final’. Nesse artigo, descreveu-se como simpatizante do FC Porto; os que lhe são mais próximos reconhecem ainda que se dá bem com o departamento jurídico dos dragões.

23. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO6FMWb2rYk"]YouTube- Liverpool 1-0 Sunderland Fernando Torres Fantastic goal 28-03-2010[/ame]

Honestly, Benfica better bring some lube.

24. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah...Torres will probably get injured getting out of bed the morning before the game.

25. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree....However, I think Di-maria and Luiz are goners. Ramires and Cardozo could be potentially lost as well. Not good at all but I have the confidence in JJ and Costa to get more reinforcements over the summer just in case.