Slovakia & Corgoň Liga

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by curswine, Aug 25, 2006.

1. curswine

curswine New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi everyone, I am from England and have absolutely no ties with Slovakia or anything Slovakian, but recently I have found myself delvng more into the world of Slovak football, researching clubs, trying to keep up with the league on Slovak websites (even though I just about know several words, only from these websites) and I was wondering if anyone else non-Slovakian shared the the same interest, but it would be interesting to also here Slovakian views on who will win the champion ship this year and maybe give me more of an insight into the lower league structure of Slovakia with the Západ and Východ leagues. Aswell as hearing of new young talents coming through youth ranks in the league and abroad aswell. Erik Jendrišek looks like a very useful player for Hannover and once he's returned from his load to Ružomberok, I feel he has the potential to take the league by storm.

I personally don't have a favourite team in the country, I like them all equally as much.

Probably asking too much but if anyone has a link to a website that covers the Slovak league in English I would be grateful, otherwise maybe someone has a good link to a learn Slovakian website?

2. hor.net

hor.net New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Zlaté Moravce, SVK
  3. curswine

curswine New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Yeah, I know that website, but the English version tells you nothing about the 06/07 season just results from previous series, I am looking for match reports and transfer news, just like you find on the Slovakian version and www.profutbal.sk which I regularly use, trying to translate with my very basic Slovakian. I know what I am asking for isn't very likely to exist but I may aswell try.

I see you live in Zlaté Moravce, do you by any chance get to see any of their games and if so can you tell me some news on them, I just about know where it is and they're owned by a company called ViOn, but thats all, if their is anything else you can tell me I'd be greatful.

4. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    *Ankaraspor transfered the Slovakian National Goal Keeper Stephan Seneceky.........