SLB Benfica 2011/2012 Transfer Thread: The recapturing of European Glory [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Joelzinho, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  2. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  3. Luvfutebol

Luvfutebol New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Re: More Signings More Signings! The recapturing of European Glory Transfer Thread! [R]

The era of Benfica waiting 5 years to win the league is over. I'm not saying we're going to win this year for sure but I don't see Porto having the same kind of dominance any more. If we keep main core of this team it will give us lots of "alegrias".

4. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica asking 15 million plus Hugo Almeida for Cardozo. I'd gladly take the deal. Doubt it happens.

[​IMG]

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know how I feel about this. While I kind of like Almeida, Cardozo is better player.

The only think that Almeida is offering more so then Cardozo is more speed. Oscar has a better left foot, and is a better finisher.

But I guess a player and 15 million euros is a good deal, but its a step backwards in my opinion.

6. Cliffzinho1010

Cliffzinho1010 New Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Massachusetts

totally agree...Benfica has changed enough this year...Benfica had a chance to sell him to D.Kiev and didnt, so why do it now...plus Saviola and other players have expressed their opinion that they would be upset if Cardozo would leave

7. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want the Cardozo-Saviola connection of 2 seasons ago!!! They we're literally the best duo in ALL OF EUROPE. No other duo in Europe scored more goals then them combined. They both fell off and slacked last season. Thus far, Saviola has been terrific this pre-season. Hope he can keep it up this season when it counts. Cardozo needs to step it up if he ends up staying.

I've never been a fan of Almeida on the NT, but for some reason kinda want him at Benfica...:confused: Idk, just feel like he would be successful with at Benfica.

Besiktas agrees to trade Almeida for Cardozo, but refuses to play 15 million. A straight swap would be a bad deal for Benfica. We need some money included. 15 million and Almeida seems a bit much for Cardozo after a poor season. I think 7 million and Almeida seems like a fair deal.
    http://www.record.xl.pt/capas/default.aspx?page=1&content_id=710773

^^^ P.S. Benfica's interest in Dede continues and is a priority for this season. Guess JJ isn't happy with Garay/Luisao?

8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  9. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Almeida does bring size and power to the attack which is the opposite of what Benfica currently has, Cardozo's tall but he's as soft as a kitten.

Who knows if he gets coached up a bit maybe Almeida can be a lesser Hulk.

10. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    cant wait for the eusebio game tmmrw! I will be sitting in front row

11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If theirs any truth to that then Cardozo is probably gone..

Doesn't hurt us imo we need quick strikers for our style of play..
    But I would like to see us have someone in our starting 11 with great Direct FK abilities and I think we need to see some more long distance shooters in our 11 all of our players seem to just run into the box can't really say this yet though as there's a lot of new players in the 11 and Witsel is still young never know he may gain great confidence and start whipping them in with ease he seems to obviously have the power behind him but haven't really seen enough technique behind his shot yet to judge..

Although there are great options on the bench with these attributes Enzo Perez being the most obvious..

15. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    grassman - javi garcia has a cannon as well

16. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He doesn't use it enough and it definitely needs some work.

17. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I would only let Cardozo leave if we can find a suitable replacement. If Almeida is that replacement then I think its an upgrade...if not then im not content with Jara and Saviola up front.

18. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ha, Cardozo isn't making any money. If Di Maria can afford a White R8 after 1 season in Lisbon, so can Cardozo.

Looks like we might lose him after all, hopefully we get a good replacement.

20. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    prove it wrong.

21. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are you kidding me? Really I shouldn't but what the hell why not make someone look completely retarded tonight :) Would feel nice haven't done it in awhile since I've been away from forums for so long..

First of All Cardozo and Almerda are both targetmen if you can't finish you are litterally useless on the pitch.. Cardozo is one of the best finishers in the game meanwhile almerda..... lol....

Here's some quick facts

Since 2007..
    Cardozo Benfica - 100 Goals 168 Games Played

Almerda Bremen/Besiktas - 40 goals 101Games played

Like seriously??? wtf are you smoking :eek:

Not to mention Cardozo has one of the most dangerous left foots in futebal with monster FK abilities while almerda does nothing but sit around on the pitch like the tree he is.

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cardozo is not one of the best finnishers in the game. He's better than Almedia, but that's not exactly the biggest compliment. And for a big dude, Oscar sucks with headers

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hes about 1/3 more likely to score. Benfica is a team that has no pure scorer so to trade off Oscar for Almeida would probably hurt our chances for the league and Europe.

24. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't actually disagree with you about Cardozo being a better striker, although with regards to goals from games played, Cardozo takes penalties for Benfica and I honestly don't know if Almeida ever did for Bremen or Besiktas.

I would like to know how their strike rates compare after penalties are subtracted and then what their respective scoring percentages on penalties were. I think it would make a fairer comparison.

25. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We can compare the 2 all day, but justice can not be served until they both play in the same league.