Slam Ball anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Garcia, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Well?

A hybrid of football, rugby, gymnastics, basketball and king of the hill...

www.slamball.net

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Here are a few points IIRC

It has a glass to keep the ball in play
    It has a basketball hoop
    It has a trampolein (sp?) that you jump on to get ups
    will be on TNN

3 points for a dunk
    3 points behind the 3 line
    2 points inside the 3 line

Goal tending is legal
    You can foul and should foul hard
    anyone?

3. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Stupid. Just more dumbing down of America, if you ask me.

4. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I thought it was pretty good stuff. A new concept worth watching.

5. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    one day, i'm going to be the starting "handler" for the Steal...

really, what team is He Hate Me on? how much of WWF money is involved in this?
    and any idea that traces it's roots back to the XFL by being just an "extreme version" of the sport is total crap. There is some exec at AOL/TimeWarner or Fox that has seen that Nike/Cantona commercial and is allready coming up with a pitch on it.

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    That would be fun to play!

7. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    looks like there's also an element of roller derby, in that there'll be lots of fights. can't wait to sit down with some macoroni n cheese and a half a dozen bottles of boone's farm and watch Slam Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Pat Croce, former 76ers owner, was on Jim Rome's show yesterday touting this. Guess he's part of the ownership group.

9. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    That is where I heard about it. I will give it a look. Sounds cool as heck. And Dolemite, you gave me a college flashback there. Mac n Cheese and Brew were my diet for quite a few years.

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched some of it. It's okay but I have to admit I would like to try to play it. Afterall being 5'10" I don't get to dunk the ball much.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Yeah it may be white trash but damn it was cool to watch. Some of those slams were FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!! I would LOVE to try to play this game. Hello TNN Saturday nights!!!

12. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'm just waiting for someone to break their neck on the backboard, rim or even floor... from the portion that i saw today, they were not missing them by much... i see their being a lot of injuries from peope getting knocked out of the area of the trampolines or hitting their heads from underneath

it had all the apeal of rollerderby... not much... i mean it did look like fun to try, but trampolins are fun to jump on... but turn it into a league???? wtf

13. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's awful....what's next, extreme curling?

14. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Something to watch when baseball goes on strike.

15. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude, I honestly came up with this idea years ago. I always thought it would be cool to have a game taht was basically full comptact basketball played on trampolines.

Ive had many ideas that this has happened with, but i really didint expect THIS one to be stolen from me.

:)

16. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    For being an "extreme" sport, and supposedly action packed, it's boring as all get-out to watch. There's no skill involved. There's no variation in what happens. You grab the ball, chuck it down the court, and someone tries to dunk. It has no flow whatsoever. Bor--ing.

17. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Hey white boys, you tired of hearing that you have no hops? Are you so white that you suck at basketball but not white enough to be good at ice hockey? Well this is for you.

Tired of watching sissy hand-checking fouls in the NBA? Tired of straining your eyes to see where the hell the puck is on TV? Then Ice Basketball is where it's at.

Me and my business buddies are running the Northern Ice Basketball Association this winter. So if you want to get it on hard hittin', ice carvin', fart-tootin' action then get in on it. Catch the Boston Tea Party vs. the Connecticut Firedogs for the season opener on December 1.

Ice Basketball: the wave of the future.

18. mikelley037

mikelley037 New Member

Aug 7, 2002