SL Benfica vs. Academica 24ª jornada

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anyone notice how Sporting fans always get upset when people trash them in their forum yet they see nothing wrong with them doing it here? Such hypocrites.

2. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    and Benfica are shit...a good team puts those chances away...a bad team like us loses 1-0. That right there is the jist of the situation.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And do you guys realize you do the same sh*t? Its ok dude, I would be the same way if my team was that sh*tty

4. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Benfica fans are hypocrites!!!

You've gotten your share of calls this year so ******** off dumbass !!!

5. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica actually played well today, particularly in the second half. They were unlucky not to score when they hit the post twice. The Academica GK also was solid in net. Benfica had a clean goal taken away, and maybe the game is different from that point on, maybe Benfica wins, who knows. Even with that, Benfica had opportunities to score and didn't capitalize, so another 3 points lost and further away from the top two spots. They better hope they can hang on to third place at this point.

6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica kicked f*ckin ass!!! But in the end, we couldnt score and that was what mattered.

Stats...

Attacks - Benfica 37...Academica 17
    Shots - Benfica 25...Academica 5
    Possession - Benfica 62%... Academica 38%

Benfica absolutely destroyed Academica the whole game. Start to finish.

Season is over. Send QF packing.

7. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just ignore the shreks. If you don't feed them, they'll go away. Kind of like stray cats, accept I have more respect for the cats.

8. Mijorho

Mijorho New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Pretty much. I'm tired of hearing that "we played well" and "created chances". Watching them and the Selecção hasn't made for a great season.

9. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Viva Academica , thank you once again for beating SL Merda !!!

Happy Easter to all:D

10. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008

Take it easy, they're just Sporting fans, look at their opinions about the ref today and decide if it's worth to take them seriously or not

11. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm not happy with QF's line of work either, although I'm not sure changing coaches every season is a good idea. I think Benfica's issues go beyond the coaching at this point. Benfica's needs stability, and I have no idea how they can get it, hopefully the guys running the club do. :rolleyes:

12. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Ironic how after winning a lot of games playing poorly it's the one game we show good football we loose. As hard as this is to say right now, I'm still behind Quique.

13. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Haha, it's gonna be alright !!!

3rd place isn't that bad considering you finished in 4th last season!!!!

Lose to a team that hasn't won on the road once this year and had only scored 5 away goals prior to today !!!

Bwahaha!!!:D

14. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut

Eh, I'm just happy you're happy :). No doubt you get more joy from a Benfica loss then a sporting win.

Damn, now I'm paying attention to the shreks. :D

15. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    As someone said, the only coaches that will survive at Benfica right now are either the ones who have won a lot of titles before and aren't an easy target for fans and press or the ones that are arrogant and don't care what these say.

16. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yea, you're probably right. Maybe a Scolari?

17. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    For some reason they didn't show Quique's post game interview. I'm starting to remember Camacho last season...

18. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think RTPI lost the feed. I'm sure there was an interview though.

19. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I think someone like Scolari could have sucess here, as long as he can ignore the fans when some start asking for his head.

It will be interesting to see how will Rui Costa and Quique handle this situation...I personally would like to see Rui showing a strong hand and keeping Quique and Quique being able to work under heavy protest from the fans.

20. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Uh I do realize that but im willing to bet the vast majority of the trolls are from the sporting side. If you wanna discuss the game Im cool with that, but whats happening is not discussion. BTW I've known benfica was crap for a while now kthx....Sporting isnt much better.

find me a post where I've said we havent.

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quique can NOT handle being in tough situations! Therefore he should not stay. When things get bad, he just sits there with that damn look in his face. His facial expressions shows "Yes were going to lose. Its over. I Give up" Benfica doesnt need that type of coach. QF sucks. the only reason he did decent with Valencia was because...its Valencia. They have great palyers and were always on the top of the charts.

22. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I must of given them to much credit.

23. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    «Tinha sido melhor jogar mal e ganhar»
    NUNO GOMES DESOLADO COM NOVA DERROTA ENCARNADA

Aint that the truth?

24. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its sad how you take more satisfaction in a Benfica loss than a Sporting win...you're pathetic.

25. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    After that lucilio cup final, any game you lose gives me great satisfaction!!
    3rd place isn't really that bad, cheer up dumbass !!!!