Skyarena Frankfurt as a Worldcup preopener - June 3rd to 5th!

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Doc_Aeppler, May 25, 2006.

1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    http://www.wm-frankfurt-2006.de/main.php?bereich=aktuell&content_id=13&news_id=615

Anybody allready in the country next weekend?!

If so I can only recommend coming to Frankfurt to see the Skyarena, a 45 Minute lightshow where 11 skyscrapers in the citycenter are illuminated and soccerrelated movies are projected onto them!
    It starts at 11pm on June 3rd 4th and 5th and theyx expect some 400.000 people to show up...
    I for my part will be downtown all 3 days, it sounds pretty interesting and itll surely be a big party!

By the way, on that same weekend, from saturday until Tuesday is also the "Wäldschestag", a big traditional fare in the forests of Southern Frankfurt, actually only about half a mile from the stadium... Most stores are cloosed on tuesday and many people in Frankfurt get a day off work/school because of the Wäldschestag! woohoo! :)

2. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    I am so mad that they aren't doing it during the Cup! I don't get there until the 9th and was very disappointed...it really would make sense to do it during the tournament! Oh well. Can't wait to go the Fan Fest on the river.

3. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Yeah thats true, I was kinda wondering too when I read the dates the first time...
    No Idea why that is, but the fanfest will be pretty awesome aswell! The screen-boat on the river has the biggest of all official screens! 144m² on each side!

4. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I was downtown to see the skyarena yesterday and I gotta say Im actually kinda dissapointed. I expected a bit more. They only showed pictures, I thought they would show scenes of important games or whatever...
    The whole illumintaion looked really awesome tough, so it was worth it!
    I also had a look at the Fanfest and the big screen on the river, and that looked really nice so far! Oughta be a nice partyzone...