Sky Blue V. Chicago, 7/10 (live webcast)

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by nightofrefs, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks for posting the link, Night.

Here's a few statements about the game from our eeerrrrmmmm........"coach."

“We played against a very good team tonight, and Chicago gave us trouble with establishing our rhythm,” Sky Blue FC head coach Pauliina Miettinen stated. “It’s a long season, and that means we will experience our fair share of both ups and downs. What is most important is that we expand on the positives and learn from our hardships so we can continue to move forward.”

“We still hold our fate in our own hands, and that is always a good thing,” Miettinen said tonight. “We must continue to train hard and play hard, and that is the way we can achieve the goals we have set for ourselves. We know we have the talent, and we just have to come together as one unit and play the way we know we are capable of playing.”

2. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well at least she knows there's talent! *applaud applaud*
    Problem is, she doesn't know how to work with all that talent. I hope that after tonight the management is convinced that they should get rid of her. And not of Kai (on facebook somebody said something about a trade), that would be laughable. But I understand Miettinen, she just wants to play with 1 goalkeeper and 10 defenders who just kick the ball away so she probably wants to get rid of all the offensive players.
    Where was Kai by the way? just not selected? (the horror)

So tonight I didn't go to sleep because I saw this link and finally wanted to see a game live. What a waste!

3. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Don't like Pauliiiina, eh? Because we are losing, because our new style of play or... some other reason?

Also, don't know where Kai was. Koster was sick last night, and Rampone, HAO and Schnur are at nat training camp this week, that partly explains the two goals.

4. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Daphne Koster is one of the few players who posts daily reports on twitter:

http://twitter.com/daphnekoster

and you can use google translate to get a rough idea of what she is writing.

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ..........Maybe you're right, it would have been four because that's how many they let in the last time we lost.

6. NJgerman

NJgerman New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made a post about Kai's absence and some general dysfunction on Sky Blue FC. Mostly speculative, since there's no official word from the team or any reputable media outlets. I put it in the general WPS forum because I was interested to hear feedback from fans around the league, but it's something definitely worth discussing in the Sky Blue forum. Feel free to leave comments here or there. :)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488970