Sky Blue NJ/*NY* = nothing to do with NY/NYC

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by papyrus, May 15, 2009.

1. papyrus

papyrus New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    NYC
    Why bother calling this team NJ/NY?

Even on televised matches, they call Sky Blue "NJ". It has no relationship with NY, nor NYC. The Sky Blue site had called itself a Jersey franchise that partnered with Quickstrike FC of New York, but now it doesn't clearly call out the area it represents.

A big problem is that the NYC news media here is not bothering to cover Sky Blue at all.

It's also located too far from NYC for anyone to really go. The Red Bulls are located 13 miles outside of NYC... but Sky Blue is located 35 miles away, which is 50-60 min with traffic (if you are lucky); the train would take about 2 hours.

Was the attendance so bad at NY Power matches that NYC can't have a team!? It's a shame.

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the Power played on Long Island (isn't that where Mitchell Field is) and not NYC.

3. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having NY in it's name means that they own the rights to the market, Eventually, I think they end up playing in the new stadium in Harrison, but will still go unnoticed by NY media

4. Berly16

Berly16 New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    I went to a couple NY Power games and its a pain to get to and no one was ever there. Seems they made the same mistake again. They need to be closer to the subway, that's the only way I see people making efforts to go to the games.

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they move to Harrison, they'll be right off the PATH, so that won't be a problem anymore.

6. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    East Rutherford is not an easy access, yet the giants and jets play there. BTW, they are in central jersey and faily easy access for NJ fans