Skipshady and Asia fourm

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Mani, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    This is really sad that everyone has the gall to gang up on one the only mod who tries to do some moderating. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

yzf_bloodhound posted something about ali daei shoving his dick up korea's ass and how he doesn't even spit on it. How did the Koreans respond? Persiantiger always says crap about the Koreans, I don't care, he's too funny. I just let it go. I once got neg repped by dreamer for saying that people need to lighten up when Mel B said something about the beautiful chinese girls are probably working in the rice fields. Nekounam called Korea a country where every schoolgirl gets raped by American GI when he was fighting Wargamer.

Why didn't the upset posters go to Iranian-Striker (he's one of their own countrymen, surely he would understand) for help? Why aren't you complaining about him (or the other mods for that matter) for not doing anything, instead of complaining about skipshady?

Life goes on and I'll bet i'm gonna get some neg reps for speaking out in support of skipshady, the only mod who does any moderating. I sincerely hope that my comments are not dismissed simply because I'm one of the Korean posters. :rolleyes:

2. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Fair enough. Every mod has his own style and biases. I'm sure two active mods now instead of just one will make the moderation there a bit more balanced.

We all want the best for the Asian forums. So let's give it another try.

3. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Sorry, but TO HELL WITH THAT. :rolleyes: SkipShady certainly does not have to take a moral Q from you.

Skip, moderate the best you can. That's all you can do, and you have my support and loads of others, as I'm sure you're aware of.

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Skip has my support. He has really tried as best as he can to become the middle ground but you cannot blame him for having a different standard of moderation and style regarding different issues. I see that dreamer has already understood this part so that is good.

However, I AM in a favour of adding another mod, simply because having only one mod who is displeasing many other people because of different standards and style is not good and not fair to those people either. I see txtathlete has already become a new mod, so that is good... but I'd say maybe add one or two more. And might as well remove KF and Iranian_football, as although I dont have anything personal against them, if they are not active at all and not doing their job here, its only fair to others to take the moderator label off them.

5. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Spare me man.. It's not like we were expecting that you guys don't back him up... anyways this thread was a waste. the guy who started the troll got away with it.. the one who tolerated it was supported by all the other mods, hell they even find his lame comments funny... so I don't know what are we still arguing about here..

last but not the least I want to leave this piece here so you can read an enjoy your hero moderator's genius point of view:

oh well I hope you guys are smart enough to see how the identifiers in the second group are narrowed so it can only match Mani.. so to our genius here Mani is even more annoying than all the trolls.. why? because when those guys who troll are being warned they'll keep quite for a while and it makes it all go away (Skip why don’t you show them more ways that they can get away with trolls.. how is this not encouraging?!!).. just go check the threads Mani started and see that at least 8 out of 10 is constructive with nice materials which everyone enjoy... then go check 0 threads that dsk_oz or 13th_redneck started and read their 0 number of constructive posts.. you see now skip is saying to his eyes Mani is more annoying than a guy who never posted a single useful thing in this forums.. if it's not an invitation for more trolls against Mani and his threads then what is it?..

we tried to make our points with this thread but neither of you had the decency to go even check the things we’re talking about.. so plz close this before it disgusts more ppl..

6. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Excape could make a good mod. CFF ain't bad either.

7. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    What a bunch of drama queens. Maybe it's because I haven't been involved in any of the referenced threads, but overall I think Skip is a decent mod and a bright individual.

8. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    It would be good to add a Chinese mod along with the bunch... it would be more fair to have a mod for each of the major groups in the Asian forum, which would be Korean, Persian, Japanese, and Chinese. It makes sense.

Personally I would have nominated Forzagrifo in a heartbeat. Too bad he is all but gone from here. Both CFF and Excape sound reasonable, and Fevernova99 as well.

9. Persian Luis Figo

Persian Luis Figo New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I'm with Mani on this one.

10. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just one my excuse to Iranians.
    I was also offended by Iranian mod in the past.

Look at this.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132610
    Missing image was a picture of real monkeys which were wearing shirts ans cheering.
    Some Koreans call Japanese as monkey. This thread was like recent Spanish racist (monkey) acts insulting black players.
    Before this , some Koreans did even in Japanese thread.
    But I was far more offended by that thread, because not only some racist Koreans but also Iranian mod made fun of this.

But I did not request Iranian mod's resign.

Then I responded to these racist Koreans in that thread, and insulted Koreans and brought up inadequate historical things.
    Then finally I admited my fault and shut up.

But after that, Koreans continued to accuse not only me but also past Japanese bad deeds in the thread "Tako needs to know history".
    I am mere poster, so I can(and did) go away in this forum for a while. But skip is Japanese moderator , so he have to continue to deal with angry Koreans.

And last, if you see skip's attitude toward trollers who insult Japanese, you will find he is very lenient with them.
    I think he in not Anti-Iranian nor Anti-Chinese, but merely very lenient with them, somtimes seems bit much.

11. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    As far as I'm concerned Skipshady is pretty unnoticeable (as a mod), which is the ideal situation.

I'm more concerned about the way this "trial" has been going.

It seems that the accused (ie. Skipshady) has already been judged guilty by some parties (eg. Mani & Dreamer).

There's way too little analysis of evidence being shown. No links to the original posts, too much of "he said this", and an attitude of "if you're not with me, then you're against me".

If people have valid arguments then they should mount proper unbiased cases for it. Quoting isn't enough, you should have links to the threads to show context. If someone feels that passionately about their issues with Skipshady, then it's not too much work to find the threads .. after all there's only 3 or 4 in total.

I certainly hope that this sort of "mob justice" doesn't result in the standard of moderating dropping.

Given that Mani's gone and named me as a "troll" I feel that I have to give a case in my defence. Following is an analysis of posts that Mani's neg repped me for:

===========================================

1. Contributions of Persia by yzf_bloodhound

Nobody can take the list seriously, given that it claims that both Homo-sapiens and Civilisation began in the Iranian Plateau. It contradicts all current knowledge that we have on these topics.

When the original poster was questioned, he couldn't supply any valid sources or even justify the list.

The original poster was engaging in the equivalent of academic self-pleasuring .. claims without evidence.

Hence my post. It was directed at all the people who were disagreeing with the list. Not Mani (who hadn't even posted up to that point) or the original poster. I feel that if you're going to post something that's rubbish and won't even attempt to back up, then you get rubbished.

Perhaps it was harsh language-wise, if so then pls mods let me know, but the intent was more sarcasm than insult.

Given that it's an "attack" on the poster's academic skills or lack thereof, I don't see how Mani has any right to be upset about that post. It wasn't directed at Iranian culture nor at him.

Mani's response

===========================================

2. Prophet Mohammed was a Turk by Mani

Given that Mani has a long history of posting "Persia is t3h Gr3at3St" threads, of which Mani's response in Item 1 of this list (at the bottom of Item 1) is symptomatic, I felt that it was an appropriate comment.

The thread was obviously meant to poke fun at Turks for claiming that. It can easily be argued that some of the claims made on the thread in Item 1, eg. that humankind and civilisation began in Iran, are just as if not more ridiculous.

Taking the assumption that Iran was the cradle of humankind, which Mani obviously believes judging by his reply in Item 1, the logical conclusion is that Mohammed was Persian.

So my post was a satirical representation of Mani's attitudes.

The irony of poking fun at Turks, yet complaining when fun is poked at him for the same thing, was beyond him it seems.

It was a satirical comment aimed at Mani .. quite how it can be construed as an attack on "Iranians" I don't know.

===============================================

That's two examples. Was either of them trolling?

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    get a load of this guy!!!... hey man if you have a beef with Mani and if he is so full of ******** why didn't you challenge his thread "Iranians contribution to the world" …tell you why? .. because simply you can't..
    dsk_oz your famous remark which says "some of Koreans eat dog same as some of Iranians are terrorist" is a proof of your ignorance so plz stay out of this..
    you never posted anything useful in this boards forget starting a good thread. as oppose to you Mani has been actively posting good material and threads around here... you only hang out here to fun poke others' posts and threads so don't expect us to take you seriously...

13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    For goodness sake, chill out. Shrill commentary isn't going to foster good debate either.

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    but you don't understand.. It's just sickening to see a person who is part of the issue and this whole debate is caused by his (and ppl like him) actions , tries to act as a mediator to solve the problem.. but of course who wouldn't? now that they know they will get away with anything.. who is to stop them?.. my bad! I should have just kept quite, hell I should have even thanked him for his contribution..

15. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Another possible solution would be splitting Asia and Middle East in half. We could have Middle East and Far East, each with their own rivalries forum and NSR forum and the Middle East forums could be moderated by Mani and Txtriathlete and the Far East forums could be moderated by skip and woorijim. Perhaps if we segregated these different groups in order to help account for different levels of sensitivity, we wouldn't have so many upset people.

Of course, making Txtriathlete a mod is a great idea as well but maybe if we kept people away from each other and stayed out of each other's forums we wouldn't have so many problems.

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    and where would you put the Chinese or the Indonesian ppl who are fed up with the way things are going... and how is this turn out to be a matter of sensitivity?

17. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Congratulations, you're just proved that I'm not a troll .. If I was truly a troll then I would've jumped in and said something.

And no, I don't have beef with Mani.

I was upset by his use of neg rep in Rivalries for what amounted to only disagreements.

I reacted badly I'll admit and called him pathetic a few times. An unreserved apology is given for that.

I'll state now that I'll continue to post disagreements if I feel that way. You're not the thought police here.

I stand by the statement that if you can't stand disagreement then don't go into rivalries, or even the common forums. If you only want agreement, then stay in your own forum. This applies to either Korean or Iranian posters.

As opposed to claiming that if I don't know any Iranian terrorists by name then there can't be any? :rolleyes:

It was a tit for tat started by Espiro's insistence on tarring all Koreans with the dog brush .. which frankly I shouldn't have allowed to get to me.

People need to get out of that "either with or against us" mentality ..

18. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    I like the idea .. or at least have some standards of truth on serious posts.

19. ...................

Jan 28, 2005
    Dark Knight, I know you are half asian. But which asian country Im not so sure about. Japan, Korea or China?

P.S can you put the rest of my socks on global ignore too, deleting them is just mean, I never get a chance to read the pms sent to me :(

Down with Private message reading bastards(huss and dk)
    don't worry no one can read this and find out the truth about you sneaky morons.

20. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No! the only thing stopped you was the fact that he had a good source to back his claims so there was no space for you to use your lame sarcasm and troll...
    make up your mind man?!! if it's not about Mani how is it that you only have the negrep excuse for your actions.. which is only from Mani.. so your obsessive debate with Mani gives a clear right to you to troll in any thread in NSR if you see a trace of him...
    yes and how "Iranian women wear tents" or " Chinese girls are fat and ugly" are matters of disagreement... oh yeah you expect ppl to put up with this kind of remarks because it's rivalries.. sorry dude but that ain’t happening..

yes and I still stand by my words.. anyone here would make me more than happy if he can name an Iranian active terrorist ... if your statement is true at least one of them should be famous enough for ppl on this board to name him...
    so you're sorry about taking the Mani beef too far.. now you're sorry about Espiro argument as well.. man It's a good thing you admit your faults.. and plz explain the sudden change in the attitude?!! what are you shy in front of all these mods and can't perform some of your original dictionary(sorry as you say your secret insult generator) insults... come on man we're all dying to see your true face..

and when I said you don't have any constructive and useful post or thread in this board.. this is your come back or should I say a pathetic attempt to distract the readers.. because there is no way we can find a post from you which is not just a lame attempt to fun poke the previous posts in the same thread... I wonder if you ever contributed any good point to any conversation in your life..

21. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    --Skipshady is a bastard, a whore-mongerer and he practices usury.

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Usury? Ridiculous! Away I say, or I'll see thee hang'd thou loutish fensucked hedge-pig.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Hi Persiantiger! Please send my regards to Hamatachi.

24. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    No. I support him because I looked into this and can see the hypocrisy on the other end. Like I said, it is not as if your side is 100% innocent and without fault - far from it. And while Skip didn't have to respond to the backhanded jab given to him, I sure as hell did b'cause he didn't deserve it. What's more - your not so veiled attemped to demean anyone that 'dares' to say anything in SkipShady's defense (see quote below) all but solidifies an unwillingness to see the other side of the issue. "hero" & "genius"? Was that really necessary?

As for the rest, well, I don't know how else to say this but... get over it - that could have been a discription for several posters, myself included at one point, many years ago. Moderators are not paid perfectionists. We are prone to make mistakes like anyone else, and we will catch some things and miss others. You can open dialogue to explain your point of view, and most moderators will respond with theirs. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they don't. Sometimes if they don't they will press on with what they deem the best solution in the long-run, which may not be what you would agree with. You've stated your case with your side, and several others have stated their case on the other. Demeaning or belittling the other will not help at all, and as part of the resolution there is a new moderator for the Asian forums. If that solution doesn't work, then the issue may be revisited again.

25. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Thanks Alex for that great post. Kami-kakashi, I don't want to hear another comment about how I'm "lip grabbing" his tool now...so full of unnecessary dramatics.

I hope people who have a beef with Skip post more links. It only shows the dichotomy between the way they describe what happened and what actually happened.