Skipshady and Asia fourm

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Mani, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Mani, Skip has shown the patience of Jobe with you and dreamer, while you and dreamer incessantly attacked him. Dreamer even suggested that Skip should have his mother dna tested to verify if she was not a sneaky snake. Dreamer does not understand boundaries of decency.

So, I'm a troll, eh? You know what, you are the flip side of a troll. Always finding slights in the most innocent of joshing. You're just as bad as any troll. Why don't you and dreamer do what Matsu did and leave, if you don't like it.

2. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    For the love of ramen noodles, this is so childish that even I have the moral authority to comment.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I second that. We at least need a moderate Iranian moderator of Asia boards to balance the pro-Korea bias of Skipshady.

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is another example of the Korean trolls' attiude on the Asian forums. They think they own the place. It's not very hard to see who has given them such impression...

There are 10 to 20 users here ( Chinese, Iranian, Iraqi, Japanese, Indonesian ) who are fed up with this atmosphere. Will the admins do anything about it? Or should we all leave like Matsu?

5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    One more thing. Mani actually gave dreamer a positive rep during one of dreamer's tirades. Now that is what I call a troll.

6. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Ok its done. Ill do my best to be as unbiased as possible, lets give this one more try.

7. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Good!

8. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    My point is, why get all worked up over stuff that most people don't find inflammatory? If everyone in society pisses you off, then it is best to stay inside the house.

Dreamer still gets pissed about a joke I made in the tsunami thread, which a super mod said is not funny and borderline. Dreamer still does not accept the super mod's decision. What do you do with people like that?

9. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    ... I don't know how the hell skip deals. People that are trolls, quoting their own trolling posts and even going so far as to twist his words and mis-represent him to get him removed as a moderator. The problem is well beyond SkipShady. The people that are accusing him also shoulder a big part of the blame and can HARDLY be considered innocent. But what's the point - they won't look at or see anything beyond their own point of view, they're pressing forward with a seemingly flawed sense of conviction. They're even attacking anyone that dares to speak up and support Skip, yet complaining about other trolls. "He's biased. Won't stop them from trolling." "But he did addressed it" "Go away you neanderthal Skip lover".

I do think that I've now seen it all. :rolleyes:

But whatever happens, do NOT close down the Asian rivalries forum. I know exactly where the trolls would go if that happened.

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good.

11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. This thread alone made me run into the street and kick an old lady. God only knows what trying moderate a forum full of threads like this would cause. Geee-iminy Christmas.

12. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Acute hairloss, passive aggressiveness to the missus and a low sperm count. :D :D

13. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Mani would consider this post trolling...believe it or not.

14. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Didn't you apologize yesterday? Why the heck did you fake an apology if you didn't mean it?

The supermod in question did ask me if you should be carded because it's borderline but I did not push for it. He did clarify also if it was about Jews then it would have been a card, Chinese is very close to a card. But guess what you did insist on both Jews and Chinese have this dubious reputation and they should stomach your offensive jokes. But that post was deleted so I didn't mention it to this supermod.

In any event both the supermod and I agreed it was offensive, the only question was if you should get a card for that. You still don't recognize that it was offensive do you? Then think about this, why do you think a poster exclaimed, "hundread of thousands of people are dying in the Tsunami and you're making racist jokes? What's wrong with you?"

15. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Look folks. He's brought the bitchin' and moanin' into this thread. Oh brother.

16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    You're the one who has brought the bitching and moaning here? I did not say a word about you until you showed up here bitching and moaning.

Here's the thread where this bitch Hyok whines and cries and lies and tries to weasle his way out when caught red-handed lying and takes potshots hiding behind her man............ well I'm not going to spoil the plot.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165720&page=1

17. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Stop while you're behind...he he.

18. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Again, personal attacks are not okay. I don't understand how you demand such high standards on the one hand and resort to name calling on the other. How many more warnings should you get?

19. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Who says "bitching and moaning" here first Dark Knight?

20. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    By the way Dark Knight, a poster informed me yesterday that the supermods have read his private messages and asked me to let other people know.

Could you confirm or deny it that here in bigsoccer supermods are allowed to read people's Private Messages? I just want some clarification so there won't be any needless legal wranglings down the road.

21. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Your inability to see the difference between calling someone a bitch and saying bitching and moaning, and your repeated attempts to take the "he started it" defense, really hurt your credibility in this discussion Dreamer.

22. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Fixed. The sanitized version, according to your guideline,

You're the one who has brought the bitching and moaning here? I did not say a word about you until you showed up here bitching and moaning.

Here's the thread where this bitching Hyok whines and cries and lies and tries to weasle his way out when caught red-handed lying and takes potshots hiding behind others ............ well I'm not going to spoil the plot.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165720&page=1

23. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Mani joon, you have my signature buddy. Anyone who allows insults to anyrace for no reason, should step down. We are all adults and should act like it by treating others with class, even if they have different cultures than our own.

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    For the benefit of myself and everyone else concerned, I should respond to the criticisms. Take this post however you will.

- I never said trolling, personal attacks or racist posts are tolerated. Whenever such posts have come to my attention, I have taken appropriate action, i.e. warning the offender, deleting/editing posts.
    Dreamer, Mani - when you have asked me to look at certain posts in the past, I always considered your opinion and if I agreed with you, I took action. If I disagreed, I didn't take action. That has not changed.

- There is a distinction between having a different opinion on what constitutes trolling/flaming, and allowing trolling/flaming. I have explained before that what one person might find offensive isn't offensive someone else's eyes.

- I have never suggested that "it's a crime for the Chinese and Iranian poster to post anything positive about their country". My point was to not post anything they were not willing to substantiate or accept difference of opinion on. Keep in mind, if someone criticizes the way you present your information, they are not attacking your culture.

- I have never defended trolls or taken their side. Trying to explain that you might have misinterpreted their intent is not the same thing as defending them. Most of the posters aren't native English speakers, and they're always not going to be articulate their thoughts perfectly. Likewise, non-native speakers might not get a certain expression or someone being satirical. When in doubt, take a step back before accusing them of attacking you.

As for specific examples cited in this thread:
    - I was clear in pointing out that the "tent" comment was not appropriate The poster acknowledged that he did not mean it to be offensive but it was out of line, apologized and he has not used the word again. End of story.

- The case where a poster apparently implied "Iranians have no pride" - of course, those words were not used and that was just one interpretation. He may be right, but we have no way of knowing and therein lies my point. It would have been simple to ask the poster to clarify the post, instead of simply assuming. I see that you asked but didn't get a response. You just have to move on, because you don't know.

In the same thread, the discussion became heated, but cooler heads prevailed. It's clear to me that users here are mature enough to handle controversial topics and disagreement.

- I admit, in retrospect, the original "short fat and ugly" comment was inappropriate considering the history. But again, I let the post go, not to protect a poster, but I didn't think it crossed the line at the time. If I had to do it all over again, I would remove the post. It was an error in judgment, nothing more.

Basically, my point I have been trying to make throughout the whole ordeal is that we won't always agree on what is offensive and what is acceptable. And just because you find something offensive doesn't mean the other person's insulting you.
    I try to see your side of the story, but if I ultimately don't do exactly as you ask me, that's not the same thing as taking the other side.

I try to find a middle ground, but I can only do that if you meet me in the middle. Does that cover everything?

25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    As a user, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt yet again . Even though, deep down I still feel you are not qualified as an un-biased moderator. Not co-incidently, 12 other Asian fourm users feel the same way as me.

Lets just all hope you at least find that "middle ground" and upgrade your "standards".