Skint: The Manchester United Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As stated before, the only issue is now time. I'm sure the kid will have a work permit by the time our next season starts. However, if we want him this season then his WP stuff has to be sorted soon.

We can either

a) Bank on Angola's performances and Manucho's to go on as they have, passing the transfer deadline without loaning him, and then praying that he gets a WP by the tournament's end.

If he doesn't get a permit, he trains with our reserves.

b) Set up a framework loan deal with Panathanaikos/SP/etc, if he doesn't get the permit within the next 48 hours, then officially loan him out.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    It will be extremely stupid to rely on Manucho getting a WP for this season.

3. Iggles

Iggles Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Ignoring the WP issue I think it would be stupid to rely on Manucho for anything in the spring. Of course I didn't see Anderson contributing anything this year either but with the three competitions still up for grabs I don't think its time for trial by error.

4. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Well we've been relying on Saha to stay fit for three plus seasons now.

5. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    don't worry we have Dong !! :rolleyes::D

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Dong will stand up and be counted when we least expect it.

7. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If dong scores a meaning full goal this year ..I won't post on this site for 3 months ...NFT

8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Well my post was meant to be another Dong joke but the "and be counted" part kinda ruined it.

9. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I know ....unless your Jeffo in disguise ...are you him disguise :D

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Don't even joke around like that...

[​IMG]

11. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    WEAK SAUCE. Step up brethren.

12. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
  13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well...

nah, oh well.

14. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Kinda surprising that he didnt even wait until the summer, I thought we were gonna make a bid for him.. Especially when he rejected them at first.

Also Alfonso Alves is going to M'boro:mad: We need to make a move!

15. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Typical..another little club about to nip in for the player we were supposed to be after..:mad:

I can guess that we go after him in a year and pay an highly inflated fee to Spurs YET AGAIN.

Typical United.

We could have had Berbatov and Carrick before they went to Spurs and no doubt we would have to pay 20 million plus for Berbatov when he could have been bought for 10 million while at Leverkusen.

:mad::mad:

16. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Are people honestly expecting us to make any moves? Isra? Just so you can spazz out now, instead of on Feb. 1st... we are not going to sign anyone. We will be relying on Louis Saha, Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, and apparently Giggs and Ronaldo and Anderson as our strike force.

17. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Welbeck is like a new signing.

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Danny Wellback?!

Well, if Fergie says so.

19. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. That kid will solve our striking problems.

I always like it when people get so upset about transfer business, or lack thereof. Its not like there's an endless supply of money that lets United buy world class players for every position, starters and reserves.

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm glad the window is over, tbh. At the beginning of it, I was hoping for a temporary striker to at least give us another warm body up front. But I'm glad we didn't make any snap moves or bad decisions. Fergie has enough faith in Wellbeck to bring him up with us, and we have Manucho.

Our squad is pretty strong as it stands. While I'm not a fan of throwing Giggs up as a second striker, and other odd fixes like that, we can handle it.

We owe a ton on the back ends of Anderson and Nani's deals, and Tevez is still ON LOAN, don't forget it. That's 20 mill gone right there.

21. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I kind of like the transfer buzz.. but when people freak out because our squad is too weak I think it's kind of funny. Alright, we might not have a world class backup striker that we can rely on, but we are stocked everywhere else and we have players who can fill in up front as well... We could have the most depth in our squad since... well ever...

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  23. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Apparently we had also bid for Ederson, Nice's midfield ace. Lyon have completed his signing though.

24. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Do you guys think it will be worth it to buy Tevez? He will be gone within 5 years, which is more than you can say for some players.. But no transfer fee would be needed.

Its like why buy a house and not rent it if you know you are going to move in 5 years. And its not the kind of house you know you can make a profit on because Boca is not going to splash out that kind of money..

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:confused::confused::confused: