Skins/Compression Garments & the things Ronaldo wears on his legs that you fanboys obsess over

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Singapotralian, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Re: Skins/Compression Garments

I did use to have that problem I admit but I just tuck the shirt into the pro vent shorts I also wear. Problem solved :)

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Mine never really ride up.

I sometimes tuck them into my skins, but half the time i have my provent over my skins tucked into my shorts.

Whenever you are buying compression garmets. You are meant to opt for the smaller size if you are between sizes apparently.

I do wish that Nike did a wider range of colours though.

appleCORR

3. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

does anyone were the shortsa skins and if so do the shorts you wear on top ride up coz it really anoys me

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

I don't care much for the colours. Black and white seem fine to me. I guess sometimes you want them to match your kit, but i stopped caring about that a while ago.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

In the league that i play in provents HAVE to match your kit or you arent allowed to wear them.

Gareth, I wear the long skins which is the same and your shorts over the top don't ride up at all. You'll be fine. I'm planning on getting a pair of the cycling short skins for the summer.

appleCORR

6. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

Ooooh, i see how that's a problem. I may have to wait out and see what the new league rules will be this season as i'm not sure what level of footy i will be playing

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It tends to be the higher up in the leagues you play in the more strict they are regarding things like that.

appleCORR

8. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

I don't remember if they cared in the last league i played for. My home kit was white and my compression shirt was white and short sleeve so it never showed. My compression shorts were white and so were the clubs shorts.

Maybe i just got lucky

9. speplow

speplow New Member

Mar 20, 2008

Having worn both Skins and Nike Pro I think that there really isn't much point in having skins unless you do have a bad problem or have the cash lying around. For general training nike does the job for me... but this is only my experience.

10. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
  11. Singapotralian

Singapotralian New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    perth,aussie

i recently ordered the UA heatgear longsleeve crewneck layer.
    itll probz be arriving in a wk
    anyone of u had any experience of these compared to nike pro ones.?
    which company has worked best in ur opinions?

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Re: Skins/Compression Garments & the things Ronaldo wears on his legs you fanboys will not shut up a

said it a million times, so much so some may be suspicious im on payroll, but to me hands down UA is the better option as they have more length and don't ride up as the old nike pro certainly did. Saying that I dunno why anyone would want a crewneck longsleeve HEATGEAR!!!!!
    dunno how plugging websites goes down around hear, but for UA in the UK I found this site http://www.epsports.co.uk/ which seems to have the newer range products at competitive prices...

13. RxTim

RxTim New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Re: Skins/Compression Garments & the things Ronaldo wears on his legs you fanboys will not shut up a

odd, they sell A. Football gloves in the UK? Is that game even popular in the UK

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

LOL@the title of this thread!!!

appleCORR

15. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Well not especially, our top league has like 50 teams and is strictly amateur at the moment. On top of that we got like 100 uni teams, but then the standard slips another notch or so.

The guy that runs that site is a player in the league, so kinda alterior motive I guess, but still those prices are comparable to what I pay from the states, without the hassle of overseas shipping, and ALOT better than the inflated UK prices for UA u get in high street retailers and even other UK based websites...Are we talking Big Ron in the thread title I guess!

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Is the UA cold gear actually any good?

I usually just wear a provent and that tends to keep me warm when its cold. I know its a bit late to get one now (well we never know with the english weather ... summer will probably be freeeeeezing!). I saw them in JJB the other day and just thought that £34.99 seemed to be quite expensive. So just wondered if they were worth that price tag.

I think i just got lucky with my provents though, i got the long sleeved ones from my nike outlet store for around £8 i think it was ....

Oh and does anyone know where you can get the UA gloves from?

appleCORR

17. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Yea the coldgear is a totally diff animal, not just do they tend to cover alot (longsleeve mocks) of ur body but they kinda layered and thick. But they're all about insulating ur body heat so say I finish running around and come home without changing I can be sat wearing it under stuff in my living room and be colder than if I just wore a t-shirt and vest or woteva!
    Again I can't see how any1 could play soccer in them, over the winter I play at night outdoors ona 5a side pitch in the middle of open rural land where wind can come across for miles, and IF I even start with my heatgear underneath I feel like im gunna suffocate!
    Dunno I guess for me soccer is all about running off the cold.
    Dunno which UA gloves u mean, I know some places here that do the Am. Football ones and places like eastbay do the baseball ones as well...

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thats what i was thinking when i tried one on in JJB it just seemed TOO thick like it would bother after id run around for a bit.

appleCORR

19. Singapotralian

Dec 24, 2007
    perth,aussie

whats ur reasons why u dont think think anyone wud buy them???
    i bought them cause itll keep me warm still in AUSTRALIAN winter

20. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

the "heat gear" keeps you cooll when it's hot.
    the "cold gear" keeps you warm when it's cold.

but they make long sleeve heat gear for those frequently on turf, cause as we know, turf burns. marketed more towards the american football players, but it can be useful if you use turf for your home field.

as far as the cold gear being too thick.. i think it is for soccer. once i get into the flow of play personally, i don't feel cold much. sometimes i wear it and just pull the sleeves up, but that's only when its really bitter out. for other, less active sports, i find it very pleasing, or for training it's just right.

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

well I have no clue what an aussie winter is like as I barely venture outside my beloved cambridge...but long story short as quixoticelixir42 says heatgear is to keep u cool, so yea I can't see why peeps would wear anymore than they had too, like say as a base layer if the playing shirt irritates u.
    Each to their own, but to me if u wanna stay warm u got coldgear, and heatgear is more for Football coz u need something under ur pads but don't wanna get heat exhaustion!

22. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

i always have to wear a shirt under my kit, it's just a thing, i figure it's better if it helps keep me cool.

23. Singapotralian

Dec 24, 2007
    perth,aussie

yerr,heatgear is supposedly to keep u cool,
    but, isnt heatgear material used by UA basically the same thing used by other base layer competitors(nikepro,techfit,etc).
    rooney,adebayor,etc,guys who wear long sleeves during matches for winter are wearing nikepro vent and techfit ones and im assuming they dont have the thick layer under the coldgear versions like UA.it keeps them warm enough,so there souldnt be a reason why anyone shudnt wear UA hetgear for winter.

if anything i said was wrong ,i apologise for my mistakes

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I wore my provent in the summer when i first got it, and it did keep me really cool. I could feel it drawing out the sweat (nice) obviously it would have been better if id got the vest version. But im certainly going to get one of those for the summer months.

I think now a lot of people are wearing them even though they don't really know what they do. I've seen a lot of kids wearing them playing sunday league by me, and im pretty sure they've only started doing it because of Rooney etc.

appleCORR

25. Utlkalot15

Utlkalot15 New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    has anyone tried or have any opinions about the adidas powerweb line of compression clothing?