SKC @ COL 8/29 8PM [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by kcfooty, Aug 30, 2020.

1. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, we were going to let this whole match go with no thread?

Nice strike by Busio. Zusi is still slow. Besler might see a long ride on the pine. Pulido has nice moves, but I wish he hadn't kicked it chest high at the keeper. Glad to get a point with 10 men. Is 2020 over yet?

2. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    fairly happy with the game. for sure happy with the scoreline given 2 injuries and a red card. thought we looked much better defensively, which def is partly due to colorado's front line being much less scary than houston's, but I thought was also due to doing way less pressing. Midfield stayed way more compact, with especially Kinda not looking to press the centre backs as much. Not sure whether we are going to continue seeing that or whether that was just because it was an away game but given our personnel I prefer this look. Offensively we have so much quality that we can break down defenses without having to rely on turnovers.

Kinda is a walking yellow card. The midfield against Dallas is gonna be a kid show.

3. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah. Not sure if it's just because it's Colorado, but both Lindsey and Busio looked more composed.

I feel like Russell is pretty out of finishing form. I hope he rediscovers that soon.

Gerso can look like the best attacker in the west and a fullback for the other team, sometimes in the same play. I love that guy though. Really happy he's an SKC player. If he weren't quite as frustrating as he is, he never would have ended up on our roster, so it is what it is. Hoping for a purple patch for him too.

I saw Kinda's red coming about 10 seconds before his tackle. He's terrific but a little, um, chaotic.

I actually quite like Puncec and Smith as our primary CB pairing right now. A bit more athleticism than all other options, and frankly given how open SKC makes games, I think athleticism should be one of the absolute primary determining factors for who starts.

Hernandez is looking pretty damn solid out there. I think he has a lot of growth ahead of him. Yeah, he's already 22 so he doesn't get the Busio hype, but I could see him growing into a very significant contributor for this team for a long time. Fingers crossed.

4. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And I forgot to mention Shelton. That guy is terrific these days. I am really happy to see him on the wing, and I hope his impressive hold up abilities translate him into the monster winger we haven't had since Kei went to England. He's definitely the most in-form and aggressive forward we have right now. Gerso is aggressive, Pulido is in-form. Johnny is working on it. Heh.