SK Brann:Everton, 13/02/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by patfan1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    I had to work this morning and didn't want to be there. Luckily, where I work has satellite and they have Setanta. I take my break and sit down and the guy says I can change it. I turn on the game and see the corner kick goal being called back. Then the guy says Howard could hold them back and I start laughing. Not having Arteta and Pienaar would be more likely the downfall. The lack of goals would be the reason we'd lose, not Tim "I punch crossbars and keep playing" Howard.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Ugly, workmanlike, professional ... pretty much what you'd expect from Everton when it's missing Arteta and Pienaar. A 2-0 win against an out-of-season team hardly gets the blood racing, but it's job done and off to high-flying Citeh.

It's great to see Jagielka growing into such a defensive stalwart after a shaky beginning. A Jags/Joleon combo in central defense could be a foundation for years to come.

3. Toffee²

Toffee² New Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Phoenix
    My. Name. Is. Sara. I. Have. No. Emotion. What. So. Ever.

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Ur mean. :(

5. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ok you keep on predicting wins and i'll keep being all doom and gloom and hopefully it will work out just as well next game :D

6. KaNgArOoS

KaNgArOoS Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Goodison Park
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Looks like Championship football for us next year...:(

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Brann might be kicked out of the UEFA Cup because a Brann supporter threw a billiard ball ( wtf who brings that to a match?? ). I wouldn't mind the lads having a game off, although some fans might be angered who wanted to see the return leg.

8. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that should happen (not that it'll matter we'll win anyways). They are reviewing tapes and doing whatever possible to catch the guy who did it and ban him for life from their games and maybe even criminal charges. I think that alone would allow them to play still (again not that it'll matter).

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    They'll see that and the mini-pitch invasion and call it a push. Each club gets a 5,000 Euro fine and the return leg goes on as scheduled.

10. Toffee²

Toffee² New Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Phoenix
    I'm just teasing!

Sowwy...

11. ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toxteth, Liverpool
    Re: Everton:SK Brann, 21/02/08, Second Leg [R]

Good result for the Blues. Excellent goal from Ossie and super sub Vic puts them to bed.