SJ vs. Seattle, 8/2/14, Levi's Stadium Tickets

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Socarchist, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    According to Ticketmaster, the first presale for this game is tomorrow, 3/5/14. Earthquakes STH presale begins 3/11/14 with general sales beginning 3/14/14: http://www.ticketmaster.com/san-jos...rtistid=806017&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11.

Tickets are pricey: $45 - $150. The seating chart implies that just the 100 and 200 levels of the stadium will be open (at least when sales begin) for this game.

I expect we will hear more from our fan relations contacts soon via email, including, I hope, a STH price discount for additional tickets.

2. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i signed up via the 49ers site to be notified when they would go on sale, because the FO told me they would handle the tickets sales.

is this still true? and how come Quake fans do not get first pick?

3. Marinquake

Marinquake Member

May 26, 2011
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the FO earlier today, an email is going out this afternoon that tix to the Levi Stadium game will go on sale next week. Also, the person "thought" STH would have 1st access to the tix.

4. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did a little more research.
    it seems the people that bought the $20,000 to $40,000 seat liscenses and luxury boxes have the first pick starting tomorrow. :rolleyes:

5. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely comprising the most dedicated, passionate EQ fanbase. Maybe they'll glance up from their iPhones.

Ibid. Aja repped this.
  6. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We serfs will get a chance after the rightfully privileged select theirs.

Oh well, wasn't going to get $150 seats anyway.

7. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as the 49er fans are being fleeced for their seats at the new stadium it doesn't bother me that much that they get first shot at these tickets. I have a friend who is a school teacher and she and her family have had ST's at Candlestick for over 4o years. To get a comparable seat in the new stadium her season ticket price tripled, as well as having to pay $30,000 for a PSL.
    And I just complain about the Quakes $27 t-shirts and $70 hoodies.

8. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    Wait. are SJ-Sea @ Levi's Stadium NOT included in STH package?!

Beerking repped this.
  9. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    They aren't in my full season package. I was wondering what the hell happened to them. How do you buy a 'full season ticket' package and NOT get all the home games???

Beerking repped this.
  10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, if that's the case, that's a huge jip. There has to be something more though.

Beerking repped this.
  11. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The game is part of the STH package. The tickets in the booklet are placeholders for actual tickets to be mailed later. This presale is for buying additional tickets.

Quakesss repped this.
  12. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    What i heard is that although the physical ticket was not included in the envelope of tickets, we still get a ticket and that they were still working out seating (which is under the 49ers control).

but i could be flat out wrong and misheard my rep... :mad:

13. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    perfect. What i thought. Sorry for the panic. ahah.

14. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its just like the Stanford game. The tickets will be mailed to all STH. I dont understand why they cant just put it in the booklet thingy they send us..

15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably hadn't decided what seats we are getting. My Stanford seats have never been roughly the same location as my Buck Shaw seats, and I expect the same at Levi.

16. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, because MLS, nor the 'Quakes, control the ticketing process at Levi's stadium...

17. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    The Seattle game doesn't show up in Mytickets.com, but the Stanford game does...

Is that because we don't have assigned seats yet, waiting on the PSL holders to choose first?

18. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, the 49ers control the ticketing, so the ticket locations were still to be determined when the booklets were printed.

For the first time this year, my STH booklet included the actual ticket to the Stanford match (with a notable downgrade in seat location).
    I think so. The Levi's stadium tickets may never make it to mytickets.com because they are from Ticketmaster rather than Tickets.com, but I am just guessing.

19. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would make sense that there are still not assigned seats.

There was probably negotiation of a number of seats and reasonable similarity of seat location quality and that was it... That would be all that is needed to advertise 'Quakes season ticket holders will get a seat at Levi's Stadium for this event.

20. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At first glance I think Quakes STH's are getting screwed. My tickets are Center Circle and they are translating this to "Sections 221, 222, 223, 233, 234, 235" at Levi's. When I look at the seating chart, this does NOT match well. I felt the seating arrangement was fair for Oakland, AT&T, Candlestick, and Stanford events... but not in this case. What should be midfield seating clearly moved towards the corners.

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/content/levis-stadium-game-faqs
    http://www.sjearthquakes.com/content/levis-stadium-seating-chart

21. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When the Quakes try to get more visibility, it's usually us STH's that get screwed. I'm not surprised by this...and can't really do anything about it. The Quakes sold their souls to the Niners by volunteering to guinea pig their new stadium, and we'll just have to deal with it.

At the very least, I hope Seattle fans get the bleediest of the nosebleeds.

22. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the way the money-making machine works... and how sometimes you get screwed once you've already given yours and they are looking for more elsewhere. But season tickets money is the base platform for so much of what pro sports teams (or at least the Quakes) can do... they should really be thinking longer term, looking both into the past and future, and reward STH's for their loyalty. Center Circle ≠ corner flag section. It's not like there aren't a ton of seats in this stadium to go around.

23. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure you understand how NFL's personal seat licenses work. The center circle seats you think you're entitled to (because you paid 600 bucks for your season ticket) were $25-$40k up front and are already owned by a Niner STH.

24. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no, I totally get that. I am just making the (possibly poor) assumption that those folks couldn't give a rat's ass about this soccer game even if it is the inaugural event in the stadium, especially if many of them actually live quite far away. I'd hate to end up with a situation where the core of the stadium is largely empty while the actual folks interested in the match are where we're going to be.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  25. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Your concerns about seat location for STH are completely valid. I'm a cheap seat guy, so our location directly behind the goal corresponds closely enough to our Buck Shaw location. Not being able to get additional seats in our section is a drag, and that plus the very high ticket prices will probably prevent any friends from attending with us.

The 49ers had to save the best seats for their club holders (or whatever they are called) in case they want them. The Earthquakes could only negotiate access for whatever was left. Hence, the screw job you are getting.