SJ vs KC playoff game last night...

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Nov 23, 2020.

1. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Thoroughly entertaining game because

coaching and a system of play where the players execute - especially San Jose.

Almejda (sp?) really is quirky but his team was the more intelligent and creative group on the field and really controlled the whole game if you ask me. KC had more speed and athleticism but won because they had a much better goalie.

Possession and creative offense to break down the opponent by SJ vs KC running around w head cut off high press and set play tactics.

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    It goes to show you if you have the right coach you can get a group to play intelligent possession as a team and be competitive and entertaining.

much better than Vermes ball.

CeltTexan repped this.
  3. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Almejda had his guys playing with better technical skills / possession and they could have won the game despite not having the larger more physical players if they had a better goalie. The guy was a deer in the headlights on crosses.

4. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    If San Jose can get a team to play that well with not much more resources than us why can’t we?

Jordan has to go. We need people that can evaluate talent besides the head coach.

5. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Wando really is a great leader on that team. Don’t really see that person filling that role as well.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was watching last 20 minutes and how sad is it the Dynamo have none of the playoff drama in years since they came qualify.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire weekend was wildin' in MLS!
    This Sporks vs. San Jose match was as thrilling as it gets in league footy around the planet this time of year.
    Then there was the incredibly odd PK shoot out between Orlando and NYC, where a back up goalie is not allowed on as a sub, even though the ref himself allowed him on earlier, to witness a field player step up to be the back up to the back up goalie and make the clutch save! I had never seen anything like it in MLS or anywhere else sports fans! Ha!
    Enjoy!
    https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2020/11/21/watch-full-pk-shootout?autoplay=true

Spot on!
    Intelligent possession is vital imho! At every level of the sport.
    Also, one of the philosophies I bring to the table for my younger players is that I stress to them a close nit group of players can and will defeat a so called more talented and bigger opponent. This can be accomplished via a team that has more unit cohesion, controls the ball very well and runs for each other, will die for each other over a team that while on paper a stronger team, relies on their pace, skill and size too often.
    Simply put I say, "hay que tener once hermanos, ni once primos" I demand my team be 11 brothers over 11 cousins. As brothers will run and die for each other.

And as we stand now, 2021 does not look promising until reinforcements arrive in the Winter Break. We could be facing 7 outta 8 seasons with no playoff action to enjoy Westie.