Sinclair - Pia and USSF

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by newsouth, Apr 27, 2011.

1. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Itchy & Scratchy

Itchy & Scratchy New Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Sinclair seems to be a genuine, quality person and it is nice to see this type of "off the cuff" discussion. It would be great to see more of these videos featuring the various players.

3. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the absolute privilege of watching in person every home game and a number of away games that Christine played during her college career at the University of Portland, as well as many NCAA Tournament games including the games of both College Cups that the Pilots won. She is one of a kind. At the very first game I saw when she was a college freshman, as she was scoring two goals, I turned to my wife and said, "Oh boy, she is the real thing!" And, she is a great, understated, genuine person who would much rather deflect attention to her team-mates.

I have found the following quote, comparing her experience with the Pilots to her experience under the previous (not the present) Canadian national team coach, to be amusing and interesting:

"At school we play a game of possession; you always get the ball at your feet. On the national team we play more long balls. I'll come to practice for the national team after being in college, and my coach is like, What are you doing?" ~Christine Sinclair

4. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
    Sinclair's recent tweets sound as if she's in Montreal this weekend instead of with WNY. Anyone know why?

5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's getting her Green Card. Next week she will be with the Canadian Nats.

6. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    She was not at game tonight, Morgan got the start.