Since San Jose is almost done...

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CCTX SoccerFreak, Dec 13, 2005.

1. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
  2. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Hoston might need him ;) to bad for SJ though i wish it could have worked out up there.

3. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    He'll end up at the Toronto franchise in 2007 anyway, so at best you'd have him for a year.

4. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    true...but how can this guy not get picked up abroad????that's what i can't figure out...I know he's had trials even recently...but no contract??? does he have family that he needs a certain amount of $$$ before he up and goes?? that's the only thing I can imagine...

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I don't think clubs abroad put much stock into MLS performance. It seems that the MLS players that get attention from clubs overseas are the ones that play well for their National teams. Canada's team just isn't that good and rarely plays in big competitions. They didn't even get to the Hex stage of CONCACAF qualifying. That has got to hurt him.

6. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it has more to do with how well he showed in trails he got them last off season but didn't impress enough to get an offer or at least one worth taking. I think this year was his break out year so something just clicked now before he was not even a regular starter for SJ.

7. Rumour has it that he was going to be signed by Manchester City of the English Premiership last winter but there was an argument between the coach, Kevin Keegan, and City's board of directors and Keegan wound up resigning.

8. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    i guess we ought to change the thread title to "Since San Jose is done..."